Creating a side using Era or Modification

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Nyanyanyan

Creating a side using Era or Modification

Post by Nyanyanyan »

Hello there,

I'd like to write a rebellion system to either implement in my Era or as a standalone modification.
When a leader is killed, instead of losing it's win condition, I intent to make two units of that faction into leaders, put one of them in a different (ai controlled) side and randomly assign all remaining units to either of the sides. Once one of the new leaders dies, all units under their control go to the winner's side.

What exactly I need:

After searching the Wiki I haven't found a way to create a side through an event, so I'm hoping that there's some way to create one or more empty sides at the start of the MP match through the Era of the match or a modification, so that I can later use those sides once a rebellion happens.

Any help or alternative ways to archive this are appreciated.
Author of Age of Lords and the Revolution and Civil War and Expendable Leaders 2 multiplayer mods.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Creating a side using Era or Modification

Post by Ravana »

It is not possible.
Nyanyanyan

Post by Nyanyanyan »

So pretty much the only way to make this work is putting the sides in a multiplayer scenario to begin with?
Author of Age of Lords and the Revolution and Civil War and Expendable Leaders 2 multiplayer mods.
Nyanyanyan

Post by Nyanyanyan »

Alright, thanks a lot for the quick response.
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

Maybe you can put sides into scenario start and make them hidden.

More informations here.

Then you can change sides of units. Or at least I hope.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hi! I just wanted to say that this is a really great idea!!! I would love to see it turn out :D

As EarthCake suggested, one option is that you can start of with an extra side for every team (like when the game is created, create an extra side for each team that is playing), so doubling the team number. Then you can implement your idea with the rebellion side pretty easily. :)