RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v0.3.2- 10.07.2020

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TrashMan

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v0.1.7 - 14.03.2019

Post by TrashMan »

white_haired_uncle wrote: March 18th, 2019, 9:25 pm
TrashMan wrote: March 18th, 2019, 9:03 pm Thanks. Fixing now.

Oddly enough, I can't get the elipse to work, since he image file is nowhere to be found in core. WTF??
Sorry, I gave you what might be a link to the fix. The actual description might help as well. It was on the preceding page in that thread. If you start with my second post on the following page and read forward, you'll get a description, some background, and then hopefully a fix.

https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.ph ... 8&start=90
Ahh yes. It seems the {IS_HERO} is no longer necessary and it references the old elipse. I have to remove that part of the character definitions.

Still have to look into how to update that in a running game. Some code to manually replace the elipse.
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
TrashMan

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v0.2.0 - 18.03.2019

Post by TrashMan »

Konrad2 wrote: March 18th, 2019, 9:48 pm Do your traits have for every unit the same chance of being picked?
Only some.

I overriden all spellcasters so only they can get STRONG_WILLED.
Only humans and orcs should be able to get the BRAWLER

Things like swift and surefooted should be open to all.
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Betrayal
Would you mind giving the village on 4,4 to side 3? Calian is likely to be poisoned in turn 1 and him having no village where he can go to heal means that his health will just drop down to 1, which is kinda dangerous. (To begin with it's odd storywise that I have the villages and not side 3.)
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Konrad2 wrote: March 19th, 2019, 10:22 pm Betrayal
Would you mind giving the village on 4,4 to side 3? Calian is likely to be poisoned in turn 1 and him having no village where he can go to heal means that his health will just drop down to 1, which is kinda dangerous. (To begin with it's odd storywise that I have the villages and not side 3.)
I am making some changes and adding 2 more short missions, so I will look into it.
But Cailian has a lot of HP and is moving back towards his castle, he should be fine. I could always double his HP to make sure.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

TrashMan wrote: March 20th, 2019, 11:21 am I am making some changes and adding 2 more short missions, so I will look into it.
But Cailian has a lot of HP and is moving back towards his castle, he should be fine. I could always double his HP to make sure.
I basically think that you are bending the story background too much by giving the player those villages. It's not about him dying on the way, that really doesn't happen.

And I meant to ask, at what point of the campaign are you making the changes and adding those missions? Can I continue playing up to some point and wait for the changes?
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Konrad2 wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 12:30 pm And I meant to ask, at what point of the campaign are you making the changes and adding those missions? Can I continue playing up to some point and wait for the changes?
Well, I made 2 new missions but I decided to scrap one of those.
The other should be between the final one and the one before it.

And given the amazing amount of things I managed to f*** up when trying to merge the COTS tweaks into the campaign proper, you just might want to play it from the start (since nothing works, tweaked units don't work).

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
TheKevinator117

Post by TheKevinator117 »

Hey, I'm new to these forums, so sorry if there's some sort of course of action I need to take that I don't yet know of. I've been playing CoTs and have been having a lot of fun with it, the scenarios seeming to be of larger scale battles that I honestly prefer. However, I've run into a problem with A New World. I've tried reloading the level several times, but I can't seem to find any of the Heroes. More specifically, I get to the places they should be at, but they don't appear. I get the dialogue, but only from Ellderon. It's pretty obvious that it's meant to be with a conversation with the found heroes, but the heroes just don't show up at all in spite of the dialogue getting triggered. The powerful mage does show up when I find him, but not the rest of the heroes. I tried seeing if discovering them in a specific order would affect anything, and it doesn't. This wouldn't be a problem if they showed up on the next scenario after I 'found' them, but they just don't show up on the next scenario either. It's strange because I see that Elderon has a conversation with the heroes, but the heroes just don't show up at all. Is this a problem that has come up before? If so, what's the solution? I've really come to enjoy this campaign, and would hope that I can finish it, so any help to get through this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time!
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Sounds like the hero units didn't get stored properly and aren't getting unloaded.
Odd. I don't recall changing any of the code that handles that.

I'm about to put out 0.2.1, but I need to do some testing first. I'll look into it to see if I can reproduce.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
TheKevinator117

Of course, thank you very much! it possible for me to send you the code or something? If so, I could try to do it if it would help. And thanks for the campaign, it's quickly become one of my favorites, so I appreciate what you're doing! For the meantime though, would you recommend I restart the campaign, the level, the previous level, or something else to see if that helps the heroes load? It also came as a thought to me that maybe I hadn't found all the heroes that were in the campaign up to there yet. I had the Lotios, Aque, and the elve archer (can't remember her name lol). The elder mage from the previous level did show up and I could find him on A New World, but for some reason he didn't actually have the same marking on the dot besides him that said he was a hero, so I'm kind of uncertain if he was supposed to be a hero or not. Including Ellduron and the mage, that'd make 5 heroes. I would imagine that I got my count right, but just a little something in case I may have missed a hero along the campaign and that's what's made the bug happen. Anyways, thanks again, enjoy what you're doing! If I could help in any way, let me know and I'll be glad to give further feedback on some more stuffs. Oh, on a similar note: Were there supposed to be saurians in A New World as well? I found an abandoned castle, but there was absolutely no sign of life other than the monsters of the land. I read back a little into the thread and found that saurians were mentioned for this level at some point, so I'm not sure if that is something that might also be missing from my campaign.
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

You need to find Valinor, Aquae, Lotion and Ithillien. Once all of them are found, you should get the message to go north.
That map has many hidden goodies and I slightly increased the time limit.

What you could try is to re-start the earlier mission. You can even check the code, the heroes should be stored at mission end.

Saurians do appear, but they can be killed off by random monsters before you reach them, as various critters fight amongst each-other.

And yes, the initial missions are very battle-heavy with allies. Some can have a lot of AI units so turns take a while. I'm still not sure if I should tweak the numbers to reduce them in size.
There are several missions later where you only have limited troops and missions where you fight alone (not other AI).

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
TheKevinator117

Yeah, that makes sense. I've been able to find Valinor and he actually shows up, it's just everyone else that stays invisible and silent when I get to their locations. But yeah, I'll go ahead and restart the campaign actually, it's very fun, so I'll pick it up from square one and see how it goes. I enjoy the larger battles, so that'll be something fun anyways. Thanks for all the help, I'll give some feedback and let you know how it goes later on.
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

You might want to wait a bit before re-starting. I'm doing my own test playtrough and am about to test mission 12.
Then I'll upload a new version

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
TrashMan

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v0.2.1 - 27.03.2019

Post by TrashMan »

0.2.1. now out

Didn't get a chance to test the new mission (30) properly yet

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Walsh has no 'loyal' marker. (That's the loyal Bowman.)

EDIT:
Betrayal
would be shame for -> would be a shame for

Orcish Incursion
There is a Garrison Longbowman on 22,15 (Swamp), while 37,16 (Castle) iss empty (it's the only empty spot on the outer wall).

You can recruit now Horseman -> You can recruit now Horseman./! (your choice)
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Odd. He has for me.

Another minor update. Fixed some text and tweaked some traits

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<