1.18 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: 1.14 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Post by Konrad2 »

BTW, since you are active on github, maybe you can post issues there, so I don't forget? Assuming it's equal effort on your part, of course. :) (Link is in my signature.)
I can (and will) do that, but are you active on github? That issue I opened up 8 months ago in archaic resources says otherwise. xD
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Konrad2 wrote: March 10th, 2019, 8:40 am
BTW, since you are active on github, maybe you can post issues there, so I don't forget? Assuming it's equal effort on your part, of course. :) (Link is in my signature.)
I can (and will) do that, but are you active on github? That issue I opened up 8 months ago in archaic resources says otherwise. xD
Thanks, I see the new issues you opened. :)

As far as my level of activity, github has that data in a plot - you can see how active anyone is (public activity, at least). Your old issue was one I didn't feel like fixing, but if I ever change my mind, it's there and easy to notice.

I'm going to be inactive for the next few weeks, but I'll be back to work on fixes/updates. (I also hope to bring some zombie spiders for SotA.)
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Hateful River
I can move on Cargahannas 'picture' without anything happening (before defeating the saurians).
Defeat Saurian Leader -> Defeat the Saurian Leader

And by now it seems to be a campaign problem that I can't see any flags except my own.

And I'm surprised that I didn't pick up any Seal recruits in that Hateful River.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Konrad2 wrote: March 24th, 2019, 10:11 am And I'm surprised that I didn't pick up any Seal recruits in that Hateful River.
Seal breeding is more difficult, I guess. The player gets a couple seals, but I'm not sure how useful they actually are.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Is it intended that there is only a 80% gold carry over in 'Orcish Forces' (after escaping the mine)?

EDIT:
Merchant visits are cool because you can look at the 19000 gold in your inventory. xD
Lionic

Post by Lionic »

@doofus-01, I would like to thank you for Bad Moon Rising Campaign. I have completed both it and Trinity and I find BMR much more delightful. Insanity and cold of the frozen North are much scarrier than even the mechanical creations of the Destroyer. Wish I were watching a movie about BMR right now instead of a stupid Game of Thrones Season 8 :lol:
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Lionic wrote: April 30th, 2019, 7:55 pm @doofus-01, I would like to thank you for Bad Moon Rising Campaign. I have completed both it and Trinity and I find BMR much more delightful. Insanity and cold of the frozen North are much scarrier than even the mechanical creations of the Destroyer. Wish I were watching a movie about BMR right now instead of a stupid Game of Thrones Season 8 :lol:
Hah, if someone wants to pay me to get a BMR movie script into shape for GoT competition, I'm certainly willing to listen.
Yes, BMR and Trinity are different campaigns, and I like BMR better too. But Trinity has its strengths (if also weaknesses) and it was an attempt to wrap everything up, since there won't be any more campaigns from me. Sometimes things are just better left unresolved, but I thought this case was a little too out-there for that to be anything other than annoying.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Curio Shop
First visit: The dialog with the Rogue or the Bandit seems to trigger when I move over specific hexes. Especially with the Bandit it means that I'll talk to him at least twice when trying to get to the merchant.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks. I've recorded the issue on github.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Mirror Pond
Band of the Vultures -> Brand

Also, the scenario objectives list 'Death of Hrala Gareth' even though she can't even be in this scenario.

31,1 looks like it should be a wall, but it's a Road hex.

Statues, Stone Soldiers, and probably Stone Warriors as well, seem to have steadfast, but there is no mention about it anywhere.
Also, the description of 'stone grib' does not explain to me how the attacker would get unpetrified.

'freezing' is not accurate in its description. The unit won't die if it stands on a 'Frost' hex, it will only die if it stands on a 'Deadly Frost' hex.

Why does the frost stop to advance at some point?

After returning to the World Map from 'Mirror Pond', my turn does not automatically end once I can't move anymore. I have to end my turn manually.

EDIT:
I'm starting to assume that Hrala is supposed to be avaible, since the dialog in 'Curio Shop - Revisited' is missing some lines.

If I move a unit on the ladder after climbing down, Belleros will speak and say that he should be the first to go down.

And it would be really nice if I could call some backup once I'm down.

Nothing happens if Grat Gareth dies in the Curio Shop.

EDIT 2:
Mount Tien
Still no Hrala.

(Sorry, I keep forgetting to put this on github instead. I'll probably do it at some point, but no idea when.)
Attachments
BMR3-Checkpoint replay.gz
I should have gotten Hrala at the end, I guess?
(116.96 KiB) Downloaded 402 times
BMR3-Curio Shop (Revisited).gz
Incomplete dialog
(90.28 KiB) Downloaded 362 times
BMR3-World Map - West-Auto-Save1.gz
after Mirror Pond
(183.85 KiB) Downloaded 372 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks for the reports. The Hrala thing sounds like a pretty serious bug. I didn't encounter it, so it must depend on player actions... The files you uploaded should help sort it out.
Konrad2 wrote: June 26th, 2019, 1:25 pm Band of the Vultures -> Brand
Going from memory, I think this was reference to a ring, so band is right.
Konrad2 wrote: June 26th, 2019, 1:25 pm 1,1 looks like it should be a wall, but it's a Road hex.
Uses obsolete terrain code, probably. I thought I got all these, but they keep showing up. I need to learn grep better, I guess.
Konrad2 wrote: June 26th, 2019, 1:25 pm Statues, Stone Soldiers, and probably Stone Warriors as well, seem to have steadfast, but there is no mention about it anywhere.
Also, the description of 'stone grib' does not explain to me how the attacker would get unpetrified.
The mechanism has been in flux, but I guess it is good enough now?
Konrad2 wrote: June 26th, 2019, 1:25 pm Why does the frost stop to advance at some point?
Not sure what you mean.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

doofus-01 wrote: June 30th, 2019, 12:52 am
Konrad2 wrote: June 26th, 2019, 1:25 pm Band of the Vultures -> Brand
Going from memory, I think this was reference to a ring, so band is right.
It does indeed refer to such a ring, which is the brand of vultures. That's why I think 'Brand' fits better. 🤔
doofus-01 wrote: June 30th, 2019, 12:52 amThe mechanism has been in flux, but I guess it is good enough now?
I don't know why you'd say that. :/ All I can say is, that the description of 'stone grip' does not explain how it works very well and that this unit line probably should have the ability 'steadfast', since they seem to have it even though you can only observe it by looking at their resistances. Basically an invisible steadfast.
doofus-01 wrote: June 30th, 2019, 12:52 amNot sure what you mean.
If you group your units around the entrance/exit, the frost will never reach any of your units. Instead it stops spreading a few hexes away.

EDIT:
Just now I was asked how to win the scenario Mirror Pond, since the person has never managed to solve it. While playing around with the scenario to make sure that my answer is correct, I noticed that you can't win without stealing the book and then giving it back. If that's the case, it would be nice if there was no option to not take the book, and also to point out clearly that you have to take the book. E.g. making it a scenario objective, explaining it by saying that they don't want to leave without getting at least something out of it.

Another option would be that the ice at the entrance only melts if you steal the book.
ThinkSome

Post by ThinkSome »

Hello.

Can someone please explain why, when an item is picked up by a unit that cannot use it, the only recourse given is to DELETE it from the game altogether?! There is no option to drop it.

Additionally, why are bows of bowmen, spears of spearmen, ... not available for manipulation in the inventory menu?

wesnoth 1.14.7
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

ThinkSome wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 8:27 pm Can someone please explain why, when an item is picked up by a unit that cannot use it, the only recourse given is to DELETE it from the game altogether?! There is no option to drop it.
I'm not quite sure if I understand you correctly. You are aware that the inventory is shared across all units, right? So there is no need to drop items. If a unit picks up an item it is unable to use, the item is automatically added to said inventory.
ThinkSome

Post by ThinkSome »

... oh, okay.