Battle for the Rings Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ATE

Re: Battle for the Rings Era

Post by ATE »

hay207 wrote: February 28th, 2019, 6:49 pm It causes oos errors just when installed, even without playing it, i was just observing an isar game with no mods, and traced the error to this addon, have v0.6.3
Thank you very much for your feedback, we finally found the source of the problem (the presence of useless files), we should have fixed this with our new update (v0.6.4) then we advice everyone to apply the update, once again thanks for warning us!

EDIT: OOOps, the problem is'nt fixed yet, we are currently investigating the reasons why
ATE

Post by ATE »

Nice! Thanks a lot, we are working on cleaning such things, we missed that one, we just erased these useless lines which where echoing already existing macros. We tested it and all seems to work properly now (let's cross fingers). We're pushing the modifications into a new update (v0.6.6) in the next minutes.
ATE

Post by ATE »

Hey everyone! we are happy to tell you that we updated the add-on today, we've added the details on the first post of this topic, we may bring some more minor modifications (such as balancing some units) soon and we will start working on a larger update (v0.7) but we can't tell any date yet
PapaSmurfReloaded

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded »

This era seems to have improved a lot. I love the artwork.

(Linking this so people can see the units)
http://units.wesnoth.org/1.14/BftR/en_US/era_BftR.html
ATE

Post by ATE »

Thank you very much, it's an honor to be congratulated by a mod creator who made us having so much great time (especially on Zombie Apocalypse RPG).
We also thank you for the link you made with details on our units, it's very nice!
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Hi, just DLed this and it won't load.

It can't find maps in main.cfg. I took a look and it seems you renamed the addon dir to BftR-master. Don't seem to be any refs to the new dir.

Looking forward to trying this, seem to have overlooked it in 1.14.

p.s.
After renaming the dir it worked.

Played a game as Corrupted Wiz vs Humans on Oni Map. Quite a shock to see the 10% flat def for foot troops. Wow. That really takes some getting used to (I presume it is intentional?) but can be learned. Gotta say, missing a 90% shot is even worse than the usual, hehe.

Balance wise the Corrupteds seem very weak vs the Humans. A single plains rider unit in the open can barely be stopped. Of course that's as intended (Horns Horns Horns - yes I am a huge fan of the alluded to works) but overall the faction appears to have more strengths than weaknesses while the Corrupts have mostly weak units.

An oddity too is that foot get 10% flat and 20% on fords. The water up to their ankles helps them? That doesn't make sense. Either shallow should be lowered 10 or flat raised 10.

Another thing that bugged me was the Urcrow Spies being level 1. It's got 0% def in villages, 1x5 attack and not a lot HP. It really should not have a ZOC or be worth 8/1 xp.

Oh and the Urwolf Tamers should mention in the descript that the Orcs are riding the Wolves. Else it causes confusion to see they have bow attacks. True the name clears it up but still...

The artwork is very nice! Also very cool to see a unit depicted as multiple figures (even if Wesn. appears to deliberately enjoy being vague on that point), reminds me of Master of Magic.

The descriptions could use some tweaking though. The English could be improved (Ihr sind Deutsch nicht wahr?) a bit.

Anyways, enough nit picking. : ) It's a nice Era and looks like it'll be a lot of fun to play more.