The Reign of the Lords

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

The_Gnat

Re: The Reign of the Lords

Post by The_Gnat »

Konrad2 wrote: February 21st, 2019, 8:56 am Sorry for being a harbringer of bad news, but you are wrong.
:whistle: Well I would rather you bring bad news then it goes un-noticed.

Thanks for pointing this out, I will try and come up with a new theory ;)
fatrat92

Post by fatrat92 »

Alright, dumb questions, i just starting playing the game yesterday, but when i try to play vs AI all my units are level 3, is there anyway i can recruit units starting at level 1?

Sorry if this was answered somewhere and i'm just blind and missed it.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

fatrat92 wrote: February 25th, 2019, 4:48 am Alright, dumb questions, i ust starting playing the game yesterday, but when i try to play vs AI all my units are level 3, is there anyway i can recruit units starting at level 1?

Hi fatrat92, that's a really good question. Actually the addon adds only two eras Reign if the Lords which is lvl 3 recruits only, and Reign of heroes which is only lvl 2's. There were unfortunately too many lvl 1 units to put them all in each faction so the era is only high level units.

If you instead want you can play the default era (or a campaign) and turn on my Reign of the Lords modification. This will instead allow you to recruit lvl 1 units and then lvl up to high lvl 4 and 5 units, (if the game lasts long enough ;) )

Another thing that I could do though is allow you to recruit all the units at once, what do you think?

It's nice to hear players are using my addon and I am always happy to help out, so please let me know if you have any other questions or any feedback or ideas!
fatrat92

Post by fatrat92 »

The_Gnat wrote: February 25th, 2019, 7:53 am
fatrat92 wrote: February 25th, 2019, 4:48 am Alright, dumb questions, i ust starting playing the game yesterday, but when i try to play vs AI all my units are level 3, is there anyway i can recruit units starting at level 1?

Hi fatrat92, that's a really good question. Actually the addon adds only two eras Reign if the Lords which is lvl 3 recruits only, and Reign of heroes which is only lvl 2's. There were unfortunately too many lvl 1 units to put them all in each faction so the era is only high level units.

If you instead want you can play the default era (or a campaign) and turn on my Reign of the Lords modification. This will instead allow you to recruit lvl 1 units and then lvl up to high lvl 4 and 5 units, (if the game lasts long enough ;) )

Another thing that I could do though is allow you to recruit all the units at once, what do you think?

It's nice to hear players are using my addon and I am always happy to help out, so please let me know if you have any other questions or any feedback or ideas!

That wouldn't hurt adding an add-on that lets you recruit all the units at once, though i saw in the troop listing there was level 1 units, so far i haven't seen any and i have poked around the files so not sure if they're in the mod at all.

Anyway thanks for the reply, same good stuff in the mod.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

1.14.6 has https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/pull/3787. For that reason I created script to create such large factions.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Spoiler:
EDIT:
The Rulers of Irdya
These orcs fight much better at night, beware! -> Orcs fight much better at night, beware!
(Because it's normal for orcs to be chaotic, while you made it sound like it's not rare for orcs to be not chaotic.)

EDIT 2:
The time of day your campaign starts at is random/not fixed. And that's bad, because it influences where you can fight the orcs, so the difficulty of the first turns is variable. (Sure, theoretically I could start fighting the orcs at night, what could go wrong when I send lvl 1 units vs their lvl 2/3 units at night? xD)
And when will there be an update for TRoI? :)
Last edited by Konrad2 on March 1st, 2019, 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Konrad2 wrote: February 25th, 2019, 4:56 pm (Because it's normal for orcs to be chaotic, while you made it sound like it's not rare for orcs to be not chaotic.)
Yes that is a good point. Trying to help out new players not confuse veteran ones ;)
Don't wanna make everything around them burst into flame or melt instantly, you know?
Thank you for those corrections on the unit descriptions! It is great to have some one to look through them for me! And yes hahaha :lol: we will try to avoid the heat of sun and instantaneous combustion ;)
Konrad2 wrote: February 25th, 2019, 4:56 pm The time of day your campaign starts at is random/not fixed. And that's bad, because it influences where you can fight the orcs, so the difficulty of the first turns is variable. (Sure, theoretically I could start fighting the orcs at night, what could go wrong when I send lvl 1 units vs their lvl 2/3 units at night? xD)
And when will there be an update for TRoI?
Oooh, good spot. Yes I noticed had that problem when testing once, I started at the exactly wrong time and ended up meeting their first wave of lvl 2 and 3 units at the start of night. But I had completely forgotten it was random ToD so it will make a big difference.

As for the next update that probably won't be out for some time yet because I have been quite busy with RL and also the Dunefolk re-balancing project. However, it is by no means forgotten! :)
Ravana wrote: February 25th, 2019, 4:01 pm 1.14.6 has https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/pull/3787. For that reason I created script to create such large factions.
That is a very good feature! I will definitely consider adding in a era that allows you to recruit them all.
fatrat92 wrote: February 25th, 2019, 10:26 am That wouldn't hurt adding an add-on that lets you recruit all the units at once, though i saw in the troop listing there was level 1 units, so far i haven't seen any and i have poked around the files so not sure if they're in the mod at all.
If you have a look at this link you can see all the units (is this what you mentioned as the troop listing?). As you can tell most of the new ones that I have added are level 4 and 5, with a few new level 2 and 3 units. There aren't really any new level 1 units because that wasn't the point of the add-on which is why you won't find any files for them. Only the new units have files.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Spoiler:
EDIT:
Spoiler:
EDIT 2:
Spoiler:
EDIT 3:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Konrad2 on March 3rd, 2019, 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

@Konrad2 - Awesome! Thank you!
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I accidentally sneaked in a typo for the Nymph description. I corrected it just now.
Spoiler:
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Thanks for the notes about the descriptions that haven't been finished yet! Your suggestions look great!
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

The_Gnat wrote: February 20th, 2019, 2:19 am
Konrad2 wrote: February 19th, 2019, 10:40 pm I have a possible spillover from your mod/era to a campaign without having the mod activated.
I've found the same kind of problem in another campaign. This time with Inferno/Armageddon Drake.
So I'd wager the mainline macro allows 'any' possible advancements or something like that.
Attachments
AFB-Home At Last-Auto-Save15.gz
(50.2 KiB) Downloaded 419 times
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hmm that is very interesting I will take this to one of the devs and see what they think.

Thank you!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hi Konrad2,

I believe I have solved the problem (hopefully).

Basically I think the issue occurs because I am using base units for the death knight and apocalypse drake. Because of this the units inherit all the properties of their actual unit which in these cases makes then also inherit the advance from macro.

I should have realised this earlier. It should be pretty easy to fix anyhow.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

The Villagers you get by moving to 7,39 have a 'loyal' marker but they lack the trait 'loyal' and demand upkeep after leveling up.

Orcish Stalker
His 'cross bow' attack is deals pierce damage but sounds like a fire arrow.
And it should be 'crossbow'.