The Reign of the Lords

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: The Reign of the Lords

Post by Konrad2 »

The_Gnat wrote: January 6th, 2019, 10:52 pm Okay thank you I will see what I can do :)
Do you know anything about 'utf8'?
Could this be related?
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Konrad2 wrote: January 6th, 2019, 10:54 pm Do you know anything about 'utf8'?
Could this be related?
I am mildly familiar but I believe the encoding of all my files uses only utf8 chars so I don't know how this could be an issue. :hmm:
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Then good luck figuring it out. :D
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

I just ran the campaign scenario 1 on wesnoth 1.14.5 and had no errors at all ...
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Worst/Best case it's a bug that's happening only for me. :( Just a second.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Konrad2 wrote: January 6th, 2019, 11:04 pm Worst/Best case it's a bug that's happening only for me. :( Just a second.
If it is an error happening just for you it could be related to either an older version of the campaign (if you haven't updated) or alternatively another add-on that you have installed? Do you think either of these could be the issue?

Has anyone else had this issue?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

It's updated and all my other add-ons are campaigns and their dependencies. And there are a lot of them. ._.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Konrad2 wrote: January 6th, 2019, 11:07 pm It's updated and all my other add-ons are campaigns and their dependencies. And there are a lot of them. ._.
Okay well I will just assume its unrelated to the other add-ons because that would be very strange to get a string error. I will have a look online to see if anyone else has this issue. Thank you for reporting it hopefully I will be able to get to the bottom of this.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Konrad2 wrote: January 6th, 2019, 11:07 pm It's updated and all my other add-ons are campaigns and their dependencies. And there are a lot of them. ._.
I am looking through your save file and noticed that the scenario has even lost its name :doh:

Code: Select all

[statistics]
	mid_scenario=yes
	[scenario]
		scenario=""

I have never seen anything like that before... :?

Here is my save file, does this run properly for you:
tRoI-The Rising Storm Turn 1.gz
(60.43 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

The_Gnat wrote: January 6th, 2019, 11:34 pm
I am looking through your save file and noticed that the scenario has even lost its name :doh:

Code: Select all

[statistics]
	mid_scenario=yes
	[scenario]
		scenario=""

I have never seen anything like that before... :?

Here is my save file, does this run properly for you:

tRoI-The Rising Storm Turn 1.gz
Well, even the scenario name is considered an invalid string by my wesnoth, so... :whistle:

Yes, it does. I guess I would see them talk once they do that. xD
Btw:
loose -> lose
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Konrad2 wrote: January 6th, 2019, 11:40 pm Well, even the scenario name is considered an invalid string by my wesnoth, so... :whistle:
:P Yes I noticed
Konrad2 wrote: January 6th, 2019, 11:40 pm Yes, it does. I guess I would see them talk once they do that. xD
Okay good to know... unfortunately I am no closer to solving the error... but at least you can play the game if you want ;)
Konrad2 wrote: January 6th, 2019, 11:40 pm Btw:
loose -> lose
:lol: Thank you for noticing!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

I actually have an idea to test to see what the problem is.

Can you go into your add-ons folder (under windows Documents/My Games/Wesnoth 1.14/Data/add-ons/ ) and move everything out of it into a folder on the desktop, except the Reign of the Lords, Rulers of Irdya add-ons.

Then with just those 2 add-ons can you try and launch the campaign. (note that it won't break any of the other add-ons you can just drag them back when you have finshed)
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Konrad2 wrote: January 6th, 2019, 11:04 pm Worst/Best case it's a bug that's happening only for me.
Now that we have sorted out the error with the scenario I would be interested in any feedback you have about the first scenario. Also thank you for your help identifying the issue!
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I'll be sure to start playing the scenario once I've finished the last scenario of TRoW.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

NEW RELEASE 9.2.2 for 1.14
lord.png
lord.png (9.51 KiB) Viewed 3889 times

I am happy to announce a new release :D :D

This new release adds a bunch of new units but the main change is the end of the old Reign of the Lords default unit advancement add-on.

The other add-on is now officially dead and gone (which should have happened a long time ago). Now all you need to do to turn no advancements is go into the campaign menu and activate the Reign of the Lords modification. :D

It is way easier and less complicated and thanks to gfgtdf works really well! Also this new addition avoid corruption or conflicting add-ons as we have had problems with in the past.

Also note that 1.12 is no longer receiving updates for this add-on anymore. The 1.14 version of this add-on has now reached 6700 downloads and doubled the 1.12 version in download count !! 8)