The Ravagers - SP campaign for Wesnoth 1.16 [Feedback and development]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: The Ravagers - SP campaign now for 1.14 - [Feedback and development]

Post by Konrad2 »

Khaso gets terrified when an orcish unit attacks him, there is no need to hit him.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Attached is the save from FOV4 where you can see the missing dialog.

Looking at timestamps, this appears to be from just before I upgraded to 1,1,2.

As for the ship, I might have cheat killed it. I don't remember, but it does sound like something I'd do. If it works fine for you that's probably what happened. The "throw the gold in the water" thing still happened five times even when I ignored the ship and everything else worked fine -- and now that I think of it that's the same number of times Palldry figured stuff out.
Attachments
TRS-(FoV 4) The Flight.gz
(60.8 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Konrad2 wrote: January 6th, 2019, 1:39 pm Khaso gets terrified when an orcish unit attacks him, there is no need to hit him.
Fixed that :)
white_haired_uncle wrote: January 6th, 2019, 4:13 pm Attached is the save from FOV4 where you can see the missing dialog.
Oh, OK, it was all my mistake. It only happened on Normal and Easy. :( Fixed that now.
white_haired_uncle wrote: The "throw the gold in the water" thing still happened five times even when I ignored the ship and everything else worked fine -- and now that I think of it that's the same number of times Palldry figured stuff out.
And now, scanning the code again, I know for sure it's no coincidence and the two were linked. All fixed now :)
white_haired_uncle wrote: I might have cheat killed it.
My general advice is this: if you wish to cheat kill anything, do not use the right-click instantkill, it leads to all kinds of bugs for several reasons*. What you can do instead, is right-click spawn a unit next to the target, and batter it to death. Even set its hitpoints to 0 beforehand, whatever, the point is to have a unit actually killing another unit. It'll be as bugfree as normal gameplay would be.
*reasons with slight spoilers:
And I uploaded 1.1.3 with all the hotfixes (except master archer's daze) and some minor new contents.
Changelog 1.1.3:
EDIT
Also, this is something I wanted to in late 1.0, but Wesnoth 1.14 was faster than me, however, now I have uploaded Era of the Ravagers version 1.1.0 :) This is a simple, meant only for fun multiplayer era with factions and units from the campaign. It can get very unbalanced at times, but still works and is fun.
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Unfortunately, this change does not apply for saved games. The ability is added at the creation of the unit, so at the start. :(

What you can do however, is hack it in yourself. It's quick and easy actually.
what to do:
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Doupleposting because reasons. Reasonable ones.
My error log has some opinions about your add-on and I thought you might want to know. :D
Spoiler:
white_haired_uncle

The Death Marshall loses its submerge (at least according to help) when upgraded from a Death Knight. Maybe this is okay, or not specific to this campaign, but it's something I noticed.

What's her name lost her fear of spiders. I suspect it happened on level-up.

Elvish Rogue doesn't have savage trait on bow, though the help says it does. I'm pretty sure I remember Milla having it when she was an Elvish Assassin. I feel cheated.

In Ancient Battlefield, Maggoth says marches when he means marshes. But he's probably an idiot.

In The Wail:

hight > height
listenning > listening
slight mistaken > slightly mistaken

In a number of scenarios, daughter is spelled doughter (which was considered correct a long time ago, so it's not a big deal IMO, at least it's been consistent so far as I've noticed).
Spoiler:
When a unit is hit with savage, it changes color, but then reverts on the next turn. This confuses me sometimes. I'd like to see it stay red like the way poison works.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Konrad2 wrote: January 6th, 2019, 10:18 pm My error log has some opinions about your add-on
Oh my. It seems I should have taken a look at the error log after completing the Inn loop. It made a loop in macro definitions as well, that caused Wesnoth a bit of a belly ache :D All cleared up.
white_haired_uncle wrote: January 7th, 2019, 12:59 am The Death Marshall loses its submerge (at least according to help) when upgraded from a Death Knight. Maybe this is okay, or not specific to this campaign, but it's something I noticed.
No, it's not okay, it was accidentally left out.
white_haired_uncle wrote: What's her name lost her fear of spiders. I suspect it happened on level-up.
That's not supposed to happen. I see something is not right, I'm working on it.
white_haired_uncle wrote: Elvish Rogue doesn't have savage trait on bow, though the help says it does. I'm pretty sure I remember Milla having it when she was an Elvish Assassin. I feel cheated.
What the devil is happening here :hmm: It was all fine under 1.12. It's similar to Master Archer's missing daze. The connection is that they both have marksman next to the "missing" ability. I will experiment about what causes this. Please report if anything else is missing like these.
In Ancient Battlefield, Maggoth says marches when he means marshes. But he's probably an idiot.
https://wiki.wesnoth.org/NotSpellingMistakes :) And yeah, he's an idiot, that's a reason too.
In a number of scenarios, daughter is spelled doughter (which was considered correct a long time ago, so it's not a big deal IMO, at least it's been consistent so far as I've noticed).
At one time I believe it's even spelled "dothor". Archaic spellings are fun :)
Spoiler:
It's been some time since I played that map, but yes, a Lich King on normal is pretty demanding. I'll back it down to Ancient Lich, and on Easy it will be a simple Lich.
The addition of "apply to all units" button is a nice idea :) Extending the mechanics to level 2 units seems a bit overgenerous to me, but we'll see.
When a unit is hit with savage, it changes color, but then reverts on the next turn. This confuses me sometimes. I'd like to see it stay red like the way poison works.
It's supposed to work like poison, and on some maps it works fine, but sometimes it doesn't, I see the issue. I'm working on it.
white_haired_uncle

Spoiler:
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

white_haired_uncle wrote: January 7th, 2019, 4:42 pm
Spoiler:
Nope, that's definitely not intentional. I had a couple of these during testing, seems like one was left in. I'll fix it asap, I don't recommend continuing the campaign until then!
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Double post for attention.
Uploaded 1.1.4 with the hotfix, but, you need to restart from TRS-(16) The Wail.gz. Meaning, the scenario start, autosaves and mid-scenario saves won't be good.
Terribly sorry for the inconvenience. :(
1.1.4 full changelog:
The good news is, I have also fixed the missing weapon specials. The bad news is - it is not backwards fixable. The fix will only apply to newly appearing units, meaning, Milla won't have savage weapon (unless you go back before the point where she appeared, meaning, to scenario 12...) :( But freshly recruited units will be fine.

EDIT:
I know, lots of features are broken. I rushed. I am on it.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

WhiteWolf wrote: January 6th, 2019, 7:50 pm Unfortunately, this change does not apply for saved games. The ability is added at the creation of the unit, so at the start. :(

what to do:
Why not explain to him as well how to hack it? :D
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Konrad2 wrote: January 7th, 2019, 6:02 pm
WhiteWolf wrote: January 6th, 2019, 7:50 pm Unfortunately, this change does not apply for saved games. The ability is added at the creation of the unit, so at the start. :(

what to do:
Why not explain to him as well how to hack it? :D
Because that can't be, or at least I have no idea how to. The problem here was that 'daze' was in the game. That special was introduced in mainline campaign UtBS, that's where I got it from. For its mechanics to work, they had to mess with the marksman special, and therefore any special that was adjacent to marksman vanished once the unit was placed. That's why the help showed the specials, but in the game they were gone. (except for poison, that was hardwired to be passable).
The new code in Ravagers doesn't mess with marksman, therefore they are good to go, but, in the saved game, the code of the special is stored inside the unit's variables, and there is nothing to get that out. Newly spawned units will receive the well-working variables, but existing units are not "remade".
Your case could be solved by adding a simple object to one unit.
Also, what I mean by version numbering 1.1.x, is that it's in constant development, not yet stable, therefore backwards-incompatibilities are possible to arise.

Anyway, 1.1.5 is uploaded, fixing the stuff I rushed in 1.1.4. It also fixes the disappearing fear of spider perk.
white_haired_uncle

What's the upgrade path from 1.1.4 to 1.1.5?

I just upgraded to 1.1.4, went back and basically skipped through The Wail, applied fix_missing_ability to The Mountain Pass, and I'm on turn 4. Can I save here and upgrade, or do I need to go back for anything. I do have my recall list back, which is good, I forgot about some of the cool stuff I've collected that I wouldn't be able to get back.