A Whim of Fate [SP Campaign]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: A Whim of Fate [SP Campaign]

Post by Konrad2 »

Veledar lacks in the first scenario team ellipses and he doesn't seem to have a unit name as lvl 0 unit.
(Sometimes I'm also getting 'Image not found.)

Also, the goblin leaders never move to their keep after taking their first village. ._.
...you've set their max MP to 0 and you gave them 5 MP in the first turn and now they are stuck. ._.
AWOF-Poor goblins-Auto-Save5.gz
(22.18 KiB) Downloaded 527 times

Velendar Level 1:
The form of the skull atop of Velendars staff has changed. With the upgraded staff Veledar has gained the ability to heal zombies around him for 3HP, and the leadership ability over walking corpses. (...)

EDIT:
Also, periods all over the scenario objectives.
Kill enemy leader -> Kill the enemy leader

Leader in Sc2 has the same problem as the goblin leaders in Sc1.

You might want to change the hint about the mounted corpses, Wolf Riders turn now into wolf undead.

EDIT 2:
Velendar still lacks his ellipses (Sc3). So does Tormir.

EDIT 3:
Velendar Level 3:
The form of the skull atop of Velendars staff has changed. With the upgraded staff Veledar has gained the ability to heal zombies around him for 9HP, and upgraded leadership ability. (...)

EDIT 4:
Gorandor, Solaevin and Zaryal demand upkeep after leveling up. Link.

EDIT 5:
Sc4 enemy leaders suffer from the same problem as the Sc1&2 leaders.
Aldarisvet
Translator

Post by Aldarisvet »

Hi, Konrad, thank you for the feedback!
Konrad2 wrote: January 6th, 2019, 8:40 am Veledar lacks in the first scenario team ellipses and he doesn't seem to have a unit name as lvl 0 unit.
(Sometimes I'm also getting 'Image not found.)
I never payed attention to this eclipse point. About the name - it is ok. It advances Nightmare->Dread->Horror->Terror ... Staff Wielder.
Konrad2 wrote: January 6th, 2019, 8:40 am Also, the goblin leaders never move to their keep after taking their first village. ._.
...you've set their max MP to 0 and you gave them 5 MP in the first turn and now they are stuck. ._.
AWOF-Poor goblins-Auto-Save5.gz
Thank you very much!
This is a major bug appeared in 1.14.
In fact it ruins my campaign.

I modify unit to 0/0 and then engine makes it 5/0, but only after recruiting! What's the heck???
Acutually I invented this zero turns theme and it worked fine in 1.12. The idea that "passive leader" AI is bad because the leader is not attacking even if a enemy unit stands close to the leader. And if I do nothing with leader often he goes to attack too early and so suicide.

I deleted the campaign from 1.14, it is only 1.12 now before I found a way to fix the bug. The fact is Chapter I was ready 2,5 year ago and was largely tested by players for years and I didn't expect anything like this at all.

Konrad2 wrote: January 6th, 2019, 8:40 am You might want to change the hint about the mounted corpses, Wolf Riders turn now into wolf undead.
Thank you, I will see.
Konrad2 wrote: January 6th, 2019, 8:40 am EDIT 4:
Gorandor, Solaevin and Zaryal demand upkeep after leveling up.
Hmm. Why should they? I'll check.

Also I will check the grammar.
Last edited by Aldarisvet on January 6th, 2019, 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
facebook.com/wesnothian/ - everyday something new about Wesnoth
My campaign:A Whim of Fate, also see it's prequel Zombies:Introduction
Art thread:Mostly frankenstains
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I never payed attention to this eclipse point. About the name - it is ok. It advances Nightmare->Dread->Horror->Terror ... Staff Wielder.
It's still a bug though.
I deleted the campaign from 1.14, it is only 1.12 now before I found a way to fix the bug. The fact is Chapter I was ready 2,5 year ago and was largely tested by players for years and I didn't expect anything like this at all.
Why not just move the modifying to turn 2?
Hmm. Why should they? I'll check.
WML behavior changes.
Aldarisvet
Translator

Post by Aldarisvet »

doofus-01 wrote: January 6th, 2019, 5:55 am Hi Aldarisvet,

I played your campaign from the most basic options. The premise sounds cool, but I think the part with the dog would be better as a cut-scene, and then you could keep the undead dog/wolf as a meat-shield in the first scenario.
Thank you for your feedback.

I already was told exact about this idea, to create a cut-scene with dog a year ago. But I was busy finishing the campaign. The campaign is already full with cut-scenes actually and moreover with texts that can be converted to cut-scenes. May be I will return to this question later.

doofus-01 wrote: January 6th, 2019, 5:55 am Hi Aldarisvet,

(I consistently got killed by the goblins, and lost interest in continuing.)
Well, it is a tactical campaign. Not an easy one. Just need to slowly accumulate zombies. I assure it is possible to finish it on hard without reloads, may be not from the first attempt because unluck in the very beginning may left you alone against level1 goblin. But in most cases you let them fight each other and then acquire 2 zombies from them.

But I already decided that for easy difficulty I would make Velendar level1 from the beginning.

doofus-01 wrote: January 6th, 2019, 5:55 am The word "r_etarded" (<-I had to evade the censors) is seen as offensive to many, better to use "slow" or "rock-head" or something like that?
I'm not a native English speaker, so probably you are right. Well, some goblins have defects, I just was speculating on this.

doofus-01 wrote: January 6th, 2019, 5:55 am I also got some errors
I need to work over this, I think I will ask the help in WML forum.

EDIT1:

"Knucklehead goblin tribe" would be ok I hope?
Last edited by Aldarisvet on January 6th, 2019, 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aldarisvet
Translator

Post by Aldarisvet »

Konrad2 wrote: January 6th, 2019, 1:12 pm
Why not just move the modifying to turn 2?
I was not able to fix the problem immediately, instead I went to skate with my youngest son. And while skating I got what was the problem! I've just came home and voila - it's worked!!! The problem is that a unit have an inital stock of moves. I should null not only the max number of moves but actual number of moves left either!

That code was perfectly working on 1.12, but failed in 1.14

Code: Select all

[modify_unit]
			[filter]
			id=harfff, farhhh
			[/filter]
			max_moves=0
		[/modify_unit]
Adding "moves=0" I fixed the porblem.

Code: Select all

[modify_unit]
			[filter]
			id=harfff, farhhh
			[/filter]
			max_moves=0
			moves=0
		[/modify_unit]
So I will now add "moves=0" to every place where I use "non-walking but active" enemy leaders and upload the campaign again to the server!
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Did you test it yet? I tried that after reporting the bug, but it didn't work for me. :/

EDIT:
Apparently I just forgot to load the updated code before testing it. It works.
Aldarisvet
Translator

Post by Aldarisvet »

Konrad2 wrote: January 6th, 2019, 6:47 pm Did you test it yet? I tried that after reporting the bug, but it didn't work for me. :/

EDIT:
Apparently I just forgot to load the updated code before testing it. It works.
Of course it works. I've just uploaded 1.0.0a version to the server with the bug and other issues fixed.
Also I tried to replay the first scenario at Hard without replays. I played very carefully and it took exactly 55 turns.
I must say I totally forgot how to play this scenario because I failed to get upgraded Soulless Goblins. This means I will fail to pass the next scenario. But still it is not that hard at all even at Hard.
I want to pass Chapter I in 1.14 because getting zombie wolves isntead of mounted zombies will create differences.

So here is replay on 1.14 of the first scenario.

But actually Chapter I was largely feedbacked (including in this thread), I know everything is ok there. I want some people to pass the whole campaign (particulary, Chapter III), because main storyline things concentrated in the end.
Attachments
AWOF-Poor goblins replay.gz
(35.91 KiB) Downloaded 502 times
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Somehow the first two scenarios lack a scenario start file?

EDIT:
(How the heck am I supposed to win 'Winged Plains'?)
Attachments
AWOF-Winged plains Turn 19.gz
Welp.
(60.22 KiB) Downloaded 449 times
AWOF-Poor goblins replay.gz
Four soulless goblins for you.
(32.21 KiB) Downloaded 445 times
AWOF-Useless poison replay.gz
Lot's of wolves for me.
(30.2 KiB) Downloaded 459 times
AWOF-Steady dwarves replay.gz
Lot's of destroyed undead because trolls.
(80.09 KiB) Downloaded 497 times
Aldarisvet
Translator

Post by Aldarisvet »

Wow cool! Thank you for replays! You already passed Chapter I? So fast?
Please continue the campaign with providing replays!!! Try to complete it! I badly need replays for Chapter III.

I've just watched the first replay.
The engine saying someting about debug mode and replays out of sync. Aside from that, as I see, you played the way it should be played.

And what you mean by
"the first two scenarios lack a scenario start file"?

Konrad2 wrote: January 6th, 2019, 7:45 pm Somehow the first two scenarios lack a scenario start file?

EDIT:
(How the heck am I supposed to win 'Winged Plains'?)
Read this thread. This scenario is largely discussed here.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I've been using debug mode to change the side of the leaders, give them moves and then move them to their keep. (Only later I found out that I can just increase their max moves and decrease it after they moved back to their keep. That's easier.)

Normally you get a 'Campaignacronym-Scenarioname' save file, which starts at the story screen once you load it. I can't find any though. :/

(Btw, the progess tracker (those red dots) on your journey map seem to track only your way from your last scenario to the next one. Is that intended?)
Aldarisvet
Translator

Post by Aldarisvet »

Konrad2 wrote: January 6th, 2019, 8:16 pm I've been using debug mode to change the side of the leaders, give them moves and then move them to their keep. (Only later I found out that I can just increase their max moves and decrease it after they moved back to their keep. That's easier.)
Ah, so you started to play it before I fixed the bug. You fixed it manually, wow ))) Not so fast then )))
Konrad2 wrote: January 6th, 2019, 8:16 pm Normally you get a 'Campaignacronym-Scenarioname' save file, which starts at the story screen once you load it. I can't find any though. :/
Oh really? Save starts on the story screen? I began making my campaign on 1.10 so may be I missed some new things.
Konrad2 wrote: January 6th, 2019, 8:16 pm (Btw, the progess tracker (those red dots) on your journey map seem to track only your way from your last scenario to the next one. Is that intended?)
I think I'll fix it, thank you. Payed little attention to it at the beginning, and later in Chapter III progress tracker losing much of its sense because heroes teleportate themself through the whole Great Continent and also to places that cannot be marked at the map.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Oh really? Save starts on the story screen? I began making my campaign on 1.10 so may be I missed some new things.
Something like this.
AWOF-Winged plains.gz
I believe this is created automatically (usually at least)
(9.79 KiB) Downloaded 455 times

I've got a new problem. My mages do not arrive in Sc5.
AWOF-Berserkers Frenzy-Auto-Save1.gz
(43.58 KiB) Downloaded 428 times

...why the heck is 'shadow blast' an impact attack?
Attachments
AWOF-Winged plains replay.gz
(67.03 KiB) Downloaded 468 times
Aldarisvet
Translator

Post by Aldarisvet »

Konrad2 wrote: January 6th, 2019, 9:22 pm ...why the heck is 'shadow blast' an impact attack?
Because it is indeed impact. Look here:
https://units.wesnoth.org/1.14/mainline ... 0Lord.html

My sworded shadow mages are classical wesnothian shadow mages, I just made them better.
I do not like these Marx-looking parodies that are now in Liberty.
Sprites may not so bad but they totally do not suit to Helicorm portrait.
Konrad2 wrote: January 6th, 2019, 9:22 pm
I've got a new problem. My mages do not arrive in Sc5.
You mean Karna, Solaevin and Velendar?
Another surprise from 1.14 :(

But Volgast from the previous scenario is there. That is really strange. When I was testing in 1.14 killing enemy leaders in the debug mode always in the first turn all was ok.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Huh. Indeed. I guess I never noticed that. I looks so arcane. xD
Aldarisvet
Translator

Post by Aldarisvet »

Konrad2 wrote: January 6th, 2019, 9:22 pm Something like this.
AWOF-Winged plains.gz
Never seen anyone tried such a strategy. My idea was totally different. Normally a player should not survive giving all villages to the enemy.
Last edited by Aldarisvet on January 6th, 2019, 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.