UTBS character's origins

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Kylix

UTBS character's origins

Post by Kylix »

Hello everybody! Since this campaign is basically set centuries, if not millennia, after SOBE, I imagined every main character descends from a main character from the other campaigns.
  • Kaleh and Keratur descend from Kalenz and Cleodil.
  • Nym descends from Erlornas.
  • Garak descends from Landar (unbeknownst to everybody, he, sensing he would have been killed soon, impregnated a fellow elf before the final battle).
  • Zhul descends from Ethiliel.
  • Elyssa descends from Linaera.
  • Melusand descends from Tyegea and, consequently, Kai Krellis.
  • Esanoo descends from Gwabbo and Cylanna.
  • Grog descends from Gruu.
  • Jarl descends from Hamel.
What do you think about it?
pauxlo

Re: UTBS character's origins

Post by pauxlo »

I would guess that all the elf characters are closer related to each other than to people which lived in the "standard" campaigns – so if one of them is a descendant of Kalenz etc., all of them are.

Same for each of the other races.

Just like basically everyone in central Europe (not counting recent immigrants) is a descendant of Charlemagne.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Tbh, I think it is a boring idea. What would it add? Would anyone know? ...it's not interesting. ._.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Konrad2 wrote: January 3rd, 2019, 11:33 pm Tbh, I think it is a boring idea. What would it add? Would anyone know? ...it's not interesting. ._.
:P It doesn't hurt anything... Also considering the liniage opens up many more possibilities of backstory and campaign ideas that could be set with the elders or offspring of the characters.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

It just feels very forced. 😅
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Konrad2 wrote: January 4th, 2019, 1:10 am It just feels very forced. 😅
That is true. It could be more interesting if some of their lineage is instead traced back to other 'notable' figures who have not yet been included in any campaigns and are still waiting to happen.

Kaleh should clearly be a decedent of Kalenz but other of the characters could have different lineage. This might also be a preferable option to avoid the Star Wars dilemma where everyone is always related :mrgreen: (<cough> Rey).

I would be interested if Zhul is instead descended from one of the original creators of the new suns. If an ancestor is responsible for the idea of rising another sun and eventually fostering the calamity of the third sun, through his doctrine, in later generations.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

The_Gnat wrote: January 4th, 2019, 1:45 am I would be interested if Zhul is instead descended from one of the original creators of the new suns. If an ancestor is responsible for the idea of rising another sun and eventually fostering the calamity of the third sun, through his doctrine, in later generations.
All of the creators of the new suns (as far as we know) were humans. So that's not likely.

I guess one of my problems with this is, that indeed it wouldn't matter if they are descendents of someone special. Because this stuff happened so long ago, that there it doesn't matter anymore. It's all gone...
Kylix

Post by Kylix »

Konrad2 wrote: January 4th, 2019, 10:08 am
The_Gnat wrote: January 4th, 2019, 1:45 am I would be interested if Zhul is instead descended from one of the original creators of the new suns. If an ancestor is responsible for the idea of rising another sun and eventually fostering the calamity of the third sun, through his doctrine, in later generations.
All of the creators of the new suns (as far as we know) were humans. So that's not likely.

I guess one of my problems with this is, that indeed it wouldn't matter if they are descendents of someone special. Because this stuff happened so long ago, that there it doesn't matter anymore. It's all gone...
So, Elyssa could be the candidate 8)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

...I can't deny that.