Soldier of Wesnoth: SP Campaign (Feedback and Reviews)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JNI

Re: Soldier of Wesnoth: SP Campaign (Feedback and Reviews)

Post by JNI »

In the scenario soldier of wesnoth where he turns into a swordsman how do you get out of the castle? It says go to the battle ground in the north so I go north but nothing.
Thanks.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

JNI wrote: December 27th, 2018, 8:41 pm In the scenario soldier of wesnoth where he turns into a swordsman how do you get out of the castle? It says go to the battle ground in the north so I go north but nothing.
Thanks.
The battle ground is inside the castle and very close to the northern edge of the map. Would you mind providing a save file?
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

Ive been meaning to ask but is anyone still maintaining this campaign?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I'm afraid that it grows more unlikely every day. revansurik hasn't been online since the 8th of June this year and the last update has been two years ago...
JNI

Post by JNI »

Okay I messaged you a saved file,thanks.
JNI

Post by JNI »

Okay there is a bug in the scenario when he turns into a swordsman.
The first time I did it, I explored the castle before I went east to fight the guy. Then going north didn't trigger the second half of that scenario.

I went back to the end of the last scenario restarted and this time just went East right away and it worked fine. Maybe block off north until after you fight the guy so that won't happen. Good campaign over all, thanks!
JNI

Post by JNI »

Now I ran into another bug in the next scenario with the wose. As an objective it says to move my wose next to the enemy wose. I do that and get some dialogue but the objective doesn't change and the enemy wose keep attacking my wose.
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

Konrad2 wrote: December 28th, 2018, 12:09 pm I'm afraid that it grows more unlikely every day. revansurik hasn't been online since the 8th of June this year and the last update has been two years ago...
Isn't that usually when somebody volunteers to take over maintenance? Yeah, I know I shouldn't expect it if I can't do it myself.
Now I ran into another bug in the next scenario with the wose. As an objective it says to move my wose next to the enemy wose. I do that and get some dialogue but the objective doesn't change and the enemy wose keep attacking my wose.
That objective didn't even appear for me. I just ignored the woses and went straight for the undead.
profyverya

Post by profyverya »

Yesterday, I uploaded this campaign to add-on server. I'll read this topic. As I see there are some bugs in SoW, which should be fixed.
Version 4.0.1
- improved Russian translation;
- Scenarios
[*] - Shadows in the Forest: Fixed error message "[event] missing name or id field"
[*]- The Heart in the Darkness: When Aradya is not killed by Moran you will no longer see both of defeat and win messages.
[*]- Ghosts of the Ancient: Now you won't see error message, if you don't fight in previous scenario (used debug)
Last edited by profyverya on May 12th, 2019, 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Creator of The World of Death RPG, maintainer of Soldier of Wesnoth
profyverya

Post by profyverya »

Konrad2 wrote: March 15th, 2018, 5:48 pm
Spoiler:
I'll fix it now.
EDIT:
Ready
Creator of The World of Death RPG, maintainer of Soldier of Wesnoth
Vilebeggar

Post by Vilebeggar »

The Howling Hights scenario is too difficult, any tips im playing on hard mode.
Competitive Wesnoth. For the fans by the fans.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

S1
its people was happy and cheerful -> were
But I'm personally not sure about it, so you might want at least a second opinion. ^^

Addraryns lvl 1 ranged animation looks like a melee attack. (Wanderer)
He is also missing his ellipses at any level.

EDIT:
profyverya wrote: May 12th, 2019, 7:28 am
Konrad2 wrote: March 15th, 2018, 5:48 pm
Spoiler:
I'll fix it now.
EDIT:
Ready
Sadly neither is fixed. :/ The Ogre problem holds true for the Highwayman (Inkeeper) as well. So I can make both the Inkeeper and the Young Ogre join my side.
For the first problem, a fix could be to make only Elyniver and her three units join side 1 instead of turning over every unit of side 2.

EDIT 2:
Elynivers image paths for attack/defending need to be made up to date, since she is calling up images that are not part of mainline anymore. (Old rogue animations.)
Attachments
SoW-The Dulatus Hills Turn 5.gz
(34.3 KiB) Downloaded 408 times
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

In first scenario you can enter the village next to the castle with Elywen, and then Ludoc appears and tells to Elywen like she is his son, and then Addraryn answers and says that Elywen is hidden in the woods.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Image (when he's talking) of Ceomyr shows a guy with a blade.

S2: liked this guy > like this guy
I thought since teams 3 and 4 were "Bandits" (in status table) they'd be allied. I guess this is where I don't understand the rules, but it would be less confusing to use different team names.

S6: Wind is too loud.

S7: I'm supposed to protect an ally who never gets attacked. I can't let the enemy leader die, but I can't protect her from my ally.

S13: Stupid necro is suicidal

S17: Sendra says, "Sendra has been killed" at the end.

I played 4.0.1/1.14.7 on easy (supposedly). Somewhere around Beast of Aethenwood it got a lot harder and really repetitive and I lost interest soon after.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

S3 Road Rumble
If you try to attack humans with Meranoic more than once, then she will repeat her dialog every time. How about letting her say 'I already told you that I won't harm them!' from the second time onwards?

S5 The Soul of Wesnoth, Part II
At some point of your flight Addraryn receives 40 damage and Elyniver says something. If I remember correctly, an Assassin is supposed to appear in a wall and Addraryn is poisoned by him. Neither happens.

Also, for both S4 and S5 you only carry over 80% of your gold, instead of the expected 100% since this isn't an actual battle.
Same for 'Soldier of Wesnoth', while there is a battle, it's an unusual one.

EDIT:
All replay topics for SoW are now up.

EDIT 2:
Parting Ways
the intromission, Lord -> interruption

Soldier of Wesnoth
Few days latter, they -> later

Lawfulness and Darkness
It would be quite nice if two thirds of my my recall list were unavaible for this scenario, since that would match the story even better.
You could possibly allow the player to recruit outlaws once he reaches the village, so it wouldn't be that much harder to win.

EDIT 3:
The Heart in the Darkness
If you find and move Orofarnie before spotting any woses, your units will spot him as your first wose.

men, that I will -> then

Sands of Time
right-hand man certain night -> man a certain
Meeting the Dunefolk clears out the bonus objective.

EDIT 4:
Arslan has no image (only a 'image not found'). Possibly because his image path refers to 'Khalifate'.
Also, his unit isn't called 'Khalid' anymore, it's a Warmaster instead.
Some sound file failed to play at his arrival too.

Btw, apparently Vennyn has cool brown images, but he is not using them. ._.

EDIT 5:
The Beast of the Aethenwood
If Sendra is killed (before the purple elvish leader is defeated), the following error message appears.

Code: Select all

<Invalid WML found> [unstore_unit]: variable 'eareldor_store' doesn't exist
EDIT 6:
The Reward of Loyalty
It would be nice if both villages and gold of side 4 is turned over to me, instead of just its units.
Just like it would be nice if I could actually recruit units from Rhurs new gang (outlaws), instead of just recalling units from Elynivers old gang.

EDIT 7:
Farewell, Wesnoth
let her deserters -its

The 'Horse Lord' has 'Shock' as attack special instead of 'shock'. I suggest to just use the Horse Lord from EI.

EDIT 8:
Since in 'Farewell, Wesnoth' Vennyn is a Necromancer, it doesn't make sense that he advanced in 'Lawfulness and Darkness' to a Lich. So I suggest disabling that advancement path, and instead of creating a new Vennyn every time, to store him and add a fixed amount of xp to him whenever you meet him again.
When I move in on Ceomyr, he explains why he is no coward, followed by Elynivers comment to Aethun about his choice of allies. But I defeated Aethun already, so she is talking to air. Maybe add a check for whether Aethun is still around. ^^