The South Guard Revised

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Post Reply
User avatar
nemaara
Discord Moderator
Posts: 265
Joined: May 31st, 2015, 2:13 am

The South Guard Revised

Post by nemaara » November 9th, 2018, 4:41 am

Hi everyone, I've been working on a revision for TSG. It includes mostly streamlining the gameplay, making the merfolk a bit more useful, and dialogue improvements (which have already been reviewed/committed). I'm looking for some feedback on the revised gameplay, whether or not it might be too difficult for new players, and playtesting for bugs. I've tested hard mode already, so ideally others can test normal/easy to see if there are problems.

You can get the revised version of TSG from the add-on server. ^_^

gnombat
Posts: 244
Joined: June 10th, 2010, 8:49 pm
Contact:

Re: The South Guard Revised

Post by gnombat » November 9th, 2018, 5:04 pm

This add-on doesn't actually appear to be working - I can see "The South Guard Revised" in the list of campaigns, but when I launch the campaign, I think it's just displaying the mainline campaign? (It starts with "During the reign of Haldric VII, the land of Wesnoth was peaceful...")

User avatar
nemaara
Discord Moderator
Posts: 265
Joined: May 31st, 2015, 2:13 am

Re: The South Guard Revised

Post by nemaara » November 9th, 2018, 6:32 pm

gnombat wrote:
November 9th, 2018, 5:04 pm
This add-on doesn't actually appear to be working - I can see "The South Guard Revised" in the list of campaigns, but when I launch the campaign, I think it's just displaying the mainline campaign? (It starts with "During the reign of Haldric VII, the land of Wesnoth was peaceful...")
You're right, I forgot to change a definition in the _main file. :doh:

Here's an updated _main.cfg file (replace the one in the addons/The_South_Guard_Revised directory) that should fix the problem. I'll be able to upload a fixed version in a few hours.

Edit: oops, I screwed up more than I thought. Please just wait a little bit for the fixed version, it seems that I also forgot to set the paths correctly for the maps on the addon version.
Attachments
_main.cfg
(2.64 KiB) Downloaded 147 times

User avatar
nemaara
Discord Moderator
Posts: 265
Joined: May 31st, 2015, 2:13 am

Re: The South Guard Revised

Post by nemaara » November 10th, 2018, 12:48 am

I released a fix, it should use the new (revised) version now. Please let me know if there are any more bugs. :whistle:

white_haired_uncle
Posts: 569
Joined: August 26th, 2018, 11:46 pm

Re: The South Guard Revised

Post by white_haired_uncle » November 13th, 2018, 8:44 pm

In the last scenario, the enemy team has no units.

User avatar
nemaara
Discord Moderator
Posts: 265
Joined: May 31st, 2015, 2:13 am

Re: The South Guard Revised

Post by nemaara » November 14th, 2018, 2:00 am

Should be fixed now.

User avatar
max_torch
Posts: 334
Joined: July 31st, 2011, 5:54 pm
Location: Cavite, Philippines

Re: The South Guard Revised

Post by max_torch » November 26th, 2018, 4:24 pm

Can you make a log file of things that are changed from the original? This would make it easier to compare since I haven't played the original TSG for some time

User avatar
gwen42
Posts: 36
Joined: May 30th, 2018, 3:31 am

Re: The South Guard Revised

Post by gwen42 » November 27th, 2018, 1:35 am

Just played this one last night. I like the map revisions, where they were made. The mermen became useful in several of them, which was a nice change. I do have a random question, though, which has nothing to do with maps.
Spoiler:

User avatar
The_Gnat
Posts: 2077
Joined: October 10th, 2016, 3:06 am
Contact:

Re: The South Guard Revised

Post by The_Gnat » November 27th, 2018, 6:53 am

gwen42 wrote:
November 27th, 2018, 1:35 am
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

BTIsaac
Posts: 358
Joined: December 7th, 2017, 7:30 am

Re: The South Guard Revised

Post by BTIsaac » November 27th, 2018, 10:55 am

gwen42 wrote:
November 27th, 2018, 1:35 am
Maybe I imagined it?
Maybe you have it confused with another campaign? Sir Gerrick's portrait is also used for an bad guy in the Soldier of Wesnoth UMC where you mostly play as bandits.

User avatar
gwen42
Posts: 36
Joined: May 30th, 2018, 3:31 am

Re: The South Guard Revised

Post by gwen42 » November 27th, 2018, 11:21 pm

The_Gnat wrote:
November 27th, 2018, 6:53 am
gwen42 wrote:
November 27th, 2018, 1:35 am
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Nope...
BTIsaac wrote:
November 27th, 2018, 10:55 am
gwen42 wrote:
November 27th, 2018, 1:35 am
Maybe I imagined it?
Maybe you have it confused with another campaign? Sir Gerrick's portrait is also used for an bad guy in the Soldier of Wesnoth UMC where you mostly play as bandits.
I think that is the case. :lol:

User avatar
nemaara
Discord Moderator
Posts: 265
Joined: May 31st, 2015, 2:13 am

Re: The South Guard Revised

Post by nemaara » November 28th, 2018, 4:09 am

max_torch wrote:
November 26th, 2018, 4:24 pm
Can you make a log file of things that are changed from the original? This would make it easier to compare since I haven't played the original TSG for some time
I can do that, might take a little time though. :roll:

Regarding the other questions/comments:
Spoiler:

Post Reply