Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

caoraivoso3

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by caoraivoso3 »

Can i use the units prior to chapter 6, when i am on chapter 6 and onwards? Do i lose my items when i start the second part? (chapter6)
dabber

Post by dabber »

The two parts are connected only by plot. Chapter 6 happens eons after chapter 5.
caoraivoso3

Post by caoraivoso3 »

dabber wrote: November 6th, 2018, 1:30 pm The two parts are connected only by plot. Chapter 6 happens eons after chapter 5.
yes but we can recruit old veterans on chapter 5 and they are still long dead.
but they have access to their souls
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

caoraivoso3 wrote: November 6th, 2018, 1:29 am Can i use the units prior to chapter 6, when i am on chapter 6 and onwards? Do i lose my items when i start the second part? (chapter6)
No. And yes.
kiteezy

Post by kiteezy »

Hey Dugi my game is crashing when clicking "Unequip all items" on the first turn in the first scenario on LOTI1. Here is the error message I see. After this pops up, the unit disappears and I'm instantly defeated if it's a main character. Playing on Westnoh 1.14.5 on Steam with Windows 10.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

kiteezy wrote: November 8th, 2018, 5:28 am Hey Dugi my game is crashing when clicking "Unequip all items" on the first turn in the first scenario on LOTI1. Here is the error message I see. After this pops up, the unit disappears and I'm instantly defeated if it's a main character.
I have fixed it earlier and committed it to github, I just haven't uploaded the update to the add-on server. Do you want me to update it all to the server?
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

Dugi wrote: November 8th, 2018, 1:18 pm
kiteezy wrote: November 8th, 2018, 5:28 am Hey Dugi my game is crashing when clicking "Unequip all items" on the first turn in the first scenario on LOTI1. Here is the error message I see. After this pops up, the unit disappears and I'm instantly defeated if it's a main character.
I have fixed it earlier and committed it to github, I just haven't uploaded the update to the add-on server. Do you want me to update it all to the server?
I'd say this bug warrants an update, it's a pretty big QoL feature and pretty annoying whenever the bug appears.

Also: The show items on units on the recall list now only allows two options: exit and rename. Did you remove unequip from the recall list intentionally? On another note, the rename option is obsolete by now, you can do this in the actual recall list as of Wesnoth 1.14.5.
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
kiteezy

Post by kiteezy »

Whiskeyjack wrote: November 8th, 2018, 3:41 pm
Dugi wrote: November 8th, 2018, 1:18 pm
I'd say this bug warrants an update, it's a pretty big QoL feature and pretty annoying whenever the bug appears.

Also: The show items on units on the recall list now only allows two options: exit and rename. Did you remove unequip from the recall list intentionally? On another note, the rename option is obsolete by now, you can do this in the actual recall list as of Wesnoth 1.14.5.
Agreed with Whiskeyjack, would be awesome if this was fixed on the add-on server! I've put my campaign on pause for the time being, since I use inventory heavily and it's tedious to keep unequipping items one by one. Thx.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Whiskeyjack wrote: November 8th, 2018, 3:41 pm
Dugi wrote: November 8th, 2018, 1:18 pm...

It is a bug. The condition is never met because it fails to find any items the unit has.

I can remove the renaming option, but I am not sure everybody knows the option to rename the unit is still there. I, for example, had no idea there is such an option. I also suspect that it allows any name length while the option when viewing the recall list allows only a certain number of characters. Should I really do it?
kiteezy wrote: November 8th, 2018, 9:41 pm
Whiskeyjack wrote: November 8th, 2018, 3:41 pm...
Agreed with Whiskeyjack, would be awesome if this was fixed on the add-on server! I've put my campaign on pause for the time being, since I use inventory heavily and it's tedious to keep unequipping items one by one. Thx.
I will upload it along with the recently discovered bug Whiskeyjack mentioned, but I want the question answered first.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

Dugi wrote: November 9th, 2018, 7:49 pmI can remove the renaming option, but I am not sure everybody knows the option to rename the unit is still there. I, for example, had no idea there is such an option. I also suspect that it allows any name length while the option when viewing the recall list allows only a certain number of characters. Should I really do it?
I don't think that's necessary. Having both isn't a problem, just wanted to let you know.
Naron

Post by Naron »

I know that perhaps I'm exaggerating, but is anyone doing a walkthrough for this campaign on Youtube or other similar platforms? I would be very interested to watch such a playthrough because I watch a lot of Wesnoth clips on Youtube lately.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

Not sure if that also fits what you are looking for - some people wrote quite interesting play-throughs via the forums and someone did one for LotI chapter I:

https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=43578
gwen42

Post by gwen42 »

Naron wrote: November 10th, 2018, 2:16 pm I know that perhaps I'm exaggerating, but is anyone doing a walkthrough for this campaign on Youtube or other similar platforms? I would be very interested to watch such a playthrough because I watch a lot of Wesnoth clips on Youtube lately.
That would be quite a lengthy walkthrough, if it went through the entirety of the campaign.
HadesOracle

Post by HadesOracle »

I havent started the game over for a while but when I did and finally got the whirlwind ability it would not work. it acted like the normal attack. any idea what is going on or was whirlwind changed?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

HadesOracle wrote: November 19th, 2018, 2:48 am I havent started the game over for a while but when I did and finally got the whirlwind ability it would not work. it acted like the normal attack. any idea what is going on or was whirlwind changed?
I need more information on this. A save file or a description how did you come to that dysfunct whirlwind. When I tried it right now, it was working. Plus, whirlwind isn't exactly a bug-prone thing.