The South Guard Revised

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

nemaara
Developer

The South Guard Revised

Post by nemaara »

Hi everyone, I've been working on a revision for TSG. It includes mostly streamlining the gameplay, making the merfolk a bit more useful, and dialogue improvements (which have already been reviewed/committed). I'm looking for some feedback on the revised gameplay, whether or not it might be too difficult for new players, and playtesting for bugs. I've tested hard mode already, so ideally others can test normal/easy to see if there are problems.

You can get the revised version of TSG from the add-on server. ^_^
gnombat

Re: The South Guard Revised

Post by gnombat »

This add-on doesn't actually appear to be working - I can see "The South Guard Revised" in the list of campaigns, but when I launch the campaign, I think it's just displaying the mainline campaign? (It starts with "During the reign of Haldric VII, the land of Wesnoth was peaceful...")
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

gnombat wrote: November 9th, 2018, 5:04 pm This add-on doesn't actually appear to be working - I can see "The South Guard Revised" in the list of campaigns, but when I launch the campaign, I think it's just displaying the mainline campaign? (It starts with "During the reign of Haldric VII, the land of Wesnoth was peaceful...")
You're right, I forgot to change a definition in the _main file. :doh:

Here's an updated _main.cfg file (replace the one in the addons/The_South_Guard_Revised directory) that should fix the problem. I'll be able to upload a fixed version in a few hours.

Edit: oops, I screwed up more than I thought. Please just wait a little bit for the fixed version, it seems that I also forgot to set the paths correctly for the maps on the addon version.
Attachments
_main.cfg
(2.64 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

I released a fix, it should use the new (revised) version now. Please let me know if there are any more bugs. :whistle:
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

In the last scenario, the enemy team has no units.
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Should be fixed now.
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Post by max_torch »

Can you make a log file of things that are changed from the original? This would make it easier to compare since I haven't played the original TSG for some time
gwen42

Post by gwen42 »

Just played this one last night. I like the map revisions, where they were made. The mermen became useful in several of them, which was a nice change. I do have a random question, though, which has nothing to do with maps.
Spoiler:
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

gwen42 wrote: November 27th, 2018, 1:35 am
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

gwen42 wrote: November 27th, 2018, 1:35 amMaybe I imagined it?
Maybe you have it confused with another campaign? Sir Gerrick's portrait is also used for an bad guy in the Soldier of Wesnoth UMC where you mostly play as bandits.
gwen42

Post by gwen42 »

The_Gnat wrote: November 27th, 2018, 6:53 am
gwen42 wrote: November 27th, 2018, 1:35 am
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Nope...
BTIsaac wrote: November 27th, 2018, 10:55 am
gwen42 wrote: November 27th, 2018, 1:35 amMaybe I imagined it?
Maybe you have it confused with another campaign? Sir Gerrick's portrait is also used for an bad guy in the Soldier of Wesnoth UMC where you mostly play as bandits.
I think that is the case. :lol:
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

max_torch wrote: November 26th, 2018, 4:24 pm Can you make a log file of things that are changed from the original? This would make it easier to compare since I haven't played the original TSG for some time
I can do that, might take a little time though. :roll:

Regarding the other questions/comments:
Spoiler: