Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

dabber

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by dabber »

jimis,
Preserved lich advancement is not 20%, but the 5% + extra that Dugi described.

On updating your version, it depends how comfortable you are with github. Sounds like you aren't super familiar with it, so I suggest fetching from github into another directory, then copying that into the game directory. Maybe you even backup your existing LotI directory tree to a third directory first.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

jimis wrote: October 28th, 2018, 7:25 pm
Dugi wrote: October 22nd, 2018, 9:58 pm...
Nice hack!

I am diff'ing the two "Delly" Lichs in my savegame and noticing the differences. AFAICT the only difference is that one is post-advancement, and the other is pre-advancement, might be because the unit had just (AMLA) advanced. The "backup_amla" advancement exists in both, and I see no "dummy_amla".
The expanded uni type never makes it into a savegame file. It can be created using debug mode, but don't continue playing with it, it will cause more errors.
jimis wrote: October 28th, 2018, 7:25 pm
Dugi wrote: October 22nd, 2018, 9:58 pm...
So if I give the usual "faster" advancement (1 extra MP) to a preserved lich, it will increase its max XP by 20%? I believe this is what I'm noticing, and since the XP of the lich was already very high, this increase was very noticeable. Giving the "faster" (or other usual) advancement several times at this stage, increases the max XP way too much.
Any advancement normally available to preserved liches or demigods uses their experience progression, no matter how common it looks. Only those added by legacies and items work add 20%.

jimis wrote: October 28th, 2018, 7:25 pm BTW how do you suggest I install the git-master version of your campaign in Wesnoth? Just remove the standard add-on and checkout your github repository directly inside the "1.14/data/add-ons" directory?
I created the repository from the folder directly inside the "1.14/data/add-ons" directory. So I suggest you to simply erase the add-on's folder and replace it by the repository clone. It will conveniently miss the version file, making it different from other add-ons updated by wesnoth.
gwen42 wrote: October 29th, 2018, 4:18 am I now have a replay where this happens.... The upgrade happens at turn 6. Lethalia levels up when the orcs attack, then loses the health when her turn starts.
My game crashes when I try to load it.
dabber wrote: October 29th, 2018, 2:16 pm Bug report: In scenario chapter 8 10_Ruins_of_Wesnoth, the spawning demon leaders have no traits.

Its possible I reported this one a long time ago, so I created a Github bug to track it. Maybe it was fixed and I don't have the proper update, but I'm playing with differences from the github version that I haven't properly merged.
Just for reference, it's being discussed here. Please don't discuss it in this thread, I would have a mess in it.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Dugi wrote: October 29th, 2018, 9:33 pm
gwen42 wrote: October 29th, 2018, 4:18 am I now have a replay where this happens.... The upgrade happens at turn 6. Lethalia levels up when the orcs attack, then loses the health when her turn starts.
My game crashes when I try to load it.
My game can load it and I can confirm the bug. I also noticed the same thing happening to Phillip (that loyal Shadowalker/Duellist).
Of course I have no idea why it happens, so I can only describe the process.

It's an enemies turn -> your unit levels up (AMLA) -> it's full life -> the hp return to the value before the level up -> your turn starts -> the unit (more or less properly) advances (you are probably choosing the advancement) and has full hp -> the hp return to the value before the (last) level up
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Konrad2 wrote: October 29th, 2018, 10:25 pmIt's an enemies turn -> your unit levels up (AMLA) -> it's full life -> the hp return to the value before the level up -> your turn starts -> the unit (more or less properly) advances (you are probably choosing the advancement) and has full hp -> the hp return to the value before the (last) level up
Aha, during the enemy's turn! Now I was able to replicate it.

EDIT: Fixed in the github version. I found out that the unit wasn't really advancing during the enemy turn, but was marked as advanced so that you were prompted with the advancement window afterwards.
lhaire

Post by lhaire »

Dugi wrote: October 25th, 2018, 2:58 pm
iridium137 wrote: October 25th, 2018, 5:26 am Here's another save file with the loyal unit problem. In the recall list, there's a loyal poacher called Cethoc. If you recall him, the income drops from +2 to +1.
Yeah. I have found the cause and fixed it. Manipulating his inventory can fix it before I release the incremental update.
dabber wrote: October 25th, 2018, 4:40 am Yup, that's a bug in the unit file. When adding marksman, the file says replace instead of append. It should say

Code: Select all

[set_specials]
mode=append
{WEAPON_SPECIAL_MARKSMAN}
[/set_specials]
Where it is? I could not find any occurrence of mode=replace in Predator.cfg or amla.cfg. The shooting insanely precisely advancement appends the weapon special as it should.
lhaire wrote: October 24th, 2018, 10:11 pm ...
Currently, I'm using the Predator but I've tried just about every bow possible including no bow at all. Doesn't matter what I try now, I can't get those abilities back :(
If the stuff dabber wrote is true, it can't be fixed retroactively without giving me the save file for editing.
The save file is attached
LotI2-River_Styx_Turn_1.gz
(2.24 MiB) Downloaded 296 times
dabber

Post by dabber »

lhaire, it is easier to edit a save in between scenarios than a turn 1 scenario.
iridium137

Post by iridium137 »

Where is the github version?
jimis

Post by jimis »

Dugi wrote: October 29th, 2018, 9:33 pm Any advancement normally available to preserved liches or demigods uses their experience progression, no matter how common it looks. Only those added by legacies and items work add 20%.
I believe I'm seeing a bug then, since my Delly insists on adding 20% to her max XP after AMLAs. I'll do a bit more research on it since I've modified my savegames previously, so it could be that something is wrong.

Thanks for all the info!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I have made a Halloween update featuring a few new undead themed items and three new playable undead units. Enjoy!
dabber

Post by dabber »

The enemy is not supposed to be able to strike back against a whirlwind attack. Is there any known bug there? I am sometimes getting hit when using whirlwind, particularly if my first swing misses. I have mucked around with a lot of stuff, including whirlwind, but I thought the only code that mattered for this was the value=0 apply_to=opponent and I haven't changed that.
dabber

Post by dabber »

Dugi,
I think your Infernal Knight should adjust some of his amlas. Firecast and/or explosive should be gained via bonus attacks, instead of modifying the main attack. That way the bonus attack can be clearly weaker while adding those bonuses without hurting damage on enemy turns. And make explosive subtract attacks without subtracting damage, because high damage is the whole point of explosive.

I think the Demilich needs some other amla set that makes him more interesting. He's kinda an Ancient Lich with flight now. I suggest a set of darkness amlas (darkens, improved, great) or a set of Despair amlas (10, 20, 25). Or do something wacky with the dodge line like 2%, 2%, melee struggle, ranged struggle, 2%, mockery, 2%, 2%, 2%, 2%.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

lhaire wrote: October 31st, 2018, 12:13 am
Dugi wrote: October 25th, 2018, 2:58 pm ...
Here it is. Manipulate their inventories to get their attacks recalculated:
(2.32 MiB) Downloaded 343 times
If it was the scenario named LotI2-River_Styx.gz instead, it would be easier to edit.
jimis wrote: October 31st, 2018, 2:56 pm
Dugi wrote: October 29th, 2018, 9:33 pm...
I believe I'm seeing a bug then, since my Delly insists on adding 20% to her max XP after AMLAs. I'll do a bit more research on it since I've modified my savegames previously, so it could be that something is wrong.

Thanks for all the info!
At some maximum experience, it can happen to have add the same amount to maximum experience as 20% would add.
dabber wrote: October 31st, 2018, 6:25 pm The enemy is not supposed to be able to strike back against a whirlwind attack. Is there any known bug there? I am sometimes getting hit when using whirlwind, particularly if my first swing misses. I have mucked around with a lot of stuff, including whirlwind, but I thought the only code that mattered for this was the value=0 apply_to=opponent and I haven't changed that.
I think that value=0 apply_to=opponent is enough to do the trick, but some modifications can surely override it. There was a weapon special that made units retaliate when they were missed and this retaliation isn't prevented by whirlwind.
dabber wrote: October 31st, 2018, 7:38 pm Dugi,
I think your Infernal Knight should adjust some of his amlas. Firecast and/or explosive should be gained via bonus attacks, instead of modifying the main attack. That way the bonus attack can be clearly weaker while adding those bonuses without hurting damage on enemy turns. And make explosive subtract attacks without subtracting damage, because high damage is the whole point of explosive.

I think the Demilich needs some other amla set that makes him more interesting. He's kinda an Ancient Lich with flight now. I suggest a set of darkness amlas (darkens, improved, great) or a set of Despair amlas (10, 20, 25). Or do something wacky with the dodge line like 2%, 2%, melee struggle, ranged struggle, 2%, mockery, 2%, 2%, 2%, 2%.
It does make sense to replace the damage penalty packed with explosive for attacks penalty. Same applies to Elder Mage. I have altered the current version on the server without bumping the version number. If you have already updated but you don't want to miss this change, uninstall the add-on and install it back.

You however don't seem to understand the mechanics of firecast. There is no need for a bonus melee attack and it's beneficial if there is only one fireball attack.

The idea behind Demilich was to give him higher resistances and lower hitpoints (making drain more useful). He also has dodge upgrades but weaker spellcaster upgrades. The movement is only the most visible difference.
Enin

Post by Enin »

Hello!
I really like your campaign!

Sorry, but i can't speak English.

i found one bug.
Level up Zombi Rider...
First thing is... have Traits... second have legacy! :D
And i see Zombie Rider race not Undead, Zombie Rider Human. :)

And one more time! I really like your campaign!!!
lhaire

Post by lhaire »

LotI2-River_Styx.gz
(650.07 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
Dugi wrote: October 31st, 2018, 9:26 pm
lhaire wrote: October 31st, 2018, 12:13 am
Dugi wrote: October 25th, 2018, 2:58 pm ...
Here it is. Manipulate their inventories to get their attacks recalculated:

If it was the scenario named LotI2-River_Styx.gz instead, it would be easier to edit.
Here is the other save file you were looking for