Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Heindal

Story for the Halloween Update

Post by Heindal »

Forgot to add the Storyline for the new add-on version:
Teaser.jpg
And here a little teaser for the little horror story featured:
Teaser2.jpg
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
profyverya

Re: Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Post by profyverya »

It's good. What about translations? Is it possible?
Creator of The World of Death RPG, maintainer of Soldier of Wesnoth
Heindal

1.16.6.1 Strange Legacy

Post by Heindal »

Hi everybody or everypony,

I made a new version fixing a nasty typo which had something to do with a 'dessert' :P and corrected all white error messages. I've also added the ability to place pumpkins with a right click. Furthermore I've highly increased the random awards in the "support expedition" mission given by the traders guild. I'm quite happy that I could solve all these problems before halloween. Enjoy version 1.16.6.1.

@profyverya,

Hi profyverya,

thanks. It will be hard to translate. I'm using a lot of flexible "variables" within texts.
Ok, the "Firesword" could be a "Firesword" in Russian or any other language too, but it would be better to translate it.
For this you need to go into the source code and change it, or replace Firesword by a flexible variable.

Considering that I have around 300 different items (consumeables, weapons, shields, armors, helmets, rings, shoes, amulets, ingredients, furniture, skills etc.) this would be a lot of work to change that to a flexible variable. So far I've never seen any add-on where the translation worked properly.

Nevertheless I will test with a po file and once I've come to a result (such as translating one part correctly) I will share this file and you can start translation. Unfortunately I don't have time in the next few days.

Kind regards

Heindal
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
profyverya

Post by profyverya »

Bug: Game crashes, when trying to enter the Capital City
profyverya

Post by profyverya »

I fleed from mission with Scarecrow and teleported to the King, but I have not enough fame to pass the guards.

Post by 1234 »

There seems to be an odd bug that occurs when i try entering dungeons. Those being the cave and the castle (near the swamp), where they don't spawn anything or any entities, and creates an error with certain texts (will try to get a screenshot if possible). Is there a way to fix it, without restarting my game? (also i played the RPG part using undead and necromancer, so i REALLY,REALLY don't want to restart).
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

@1234 Undead Necromancer? Smart move ;). Thanks for reporting: there is indeed a problem with all Infinite dungeons :oops:. Nah, you don't have to restart. I have always a trick up my sleeves to save you. You can save yourself with a greater teleportscroll. You don't have one? No problem:
Spoiler:
profyverya: Capital City crash bug: as I wrote before, this happens when there is a random spawned monster-nest spawned on Capital City and you still enter the city. The only thing to prevent this, is to prevent that the monster-nests are spawned on the city tiles (or turn it in into some kind of new mission - monsters in the city or something. Yeah - fleeing from the scarecrow brings you back to where you started the mission. Usually this is the inside the kings realm. You still can leave on 25,20 the place and try the mission again, as long there is halloween.

1.16.6.2 I fixed the random and infinite random dungeons. Randomdungeons, banditcamps, randommonsternests will no longer be spawned on city tiles as well infinite dungeon tiles. It might still occur on villages, but this is just a little annoyance and will not break your game. Just leave the village and you are fine to enter whatever has spawned there. I credited mik3art and added the so far highly experimental option to follow Johns Storyline in the RPG Path (ever wanted John to be an elf - just try this one) --> it so far worked fine for the first missions. Repaired orc race - they can now take a class and get your bonus ;).

Post by 1234 »

@Heidal, thanks for the info but i could just grind it out. Also what is the best way to earn money? I just do random missions for the capital, work at the tavern earning 350 gold per 1 stamina, or make stuff and sell them. Also my brother and myself would like to give you our thanks for creating such amazing mods.
profyverya

Post by profyverya »

Снимок экрана от 2018-11-04 20-09-41.png
Typo: "This furniture allows you to craft own SMELLS" (maybe, spells?)
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Thanks 1234 for your nice words and I'm glad that this bug hasn't ruined your work. I still don't know what caused it, it was probably a recent update by the games core -,-.

There are many ways to earn gold and many ways you can take to make profit. The best way to earn gold is trading, it unfortunately doesn't give any experience except for successful "haggling" and some achievements based on gold and sold goods. You can combine trading with missions of the traders guild to make some extra money and experience. The beginner mission in capital city (rat hunting) are worth it, if you decide to be a fighter! As you get a lot of experience for killing rats and are rewarded with a lot of gold, this is the best mix of getting experience and gold.

However some people just do singing in the taverns, or pickpocket, treasurehunting or hunting for caverns or dungeons to get cool items to keep or sell.
It depends on what you like. One of the best buildings to make gold is the diamond mine in the south, however be prepared to be raided by greedy bandits.

@profyverya yes that's intended, not.

Post by 1234 »

@Heindal, while trying to do the quest for helping the tarders (the last mission) the first time, I manage to kill the boss and left the doors alone, a text popped up telling me such that "some of them would like to join you" or something along that line. Then i chose to leave bu it didn't prompt that the quest is completed, i did it the second time and this time I killed EVERYTHING, all the enemy entities (it was a torture) yet after the text that came up after killing the boss , after leaving it was still considered not completed.
profyverya

Post by profyverya »

Снимок экрана от 2018-11-05 17-37-33.png
I have found one very strange random dungeon. there are no npc in it and it has too small map available.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

@1234 usually its all about killing the boss in these random missions. I've even tested this mission and it worked :hmm:. You will should get 3 fencers for this mission, which can be summoned as mercs (check if you have them). It's probably the hardest mission and the worst enemies you can get, except maybe for the giant spiders. You should be able to leave the dungeon, even so a mission is broken.

@profyverya it's a random map after all, so the entrance was placed in the lower left corner, blocking the exits. As you can destroy walls with picks and bombs you will have to "bomb" your way free in that case. It happens from time to time.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Starting in save7, I went to the HH, then Cityguard. Chose spooky north. When I got to 'leave' to go back to midland, I bumped into someone and a duel began.

There was no duel. I ended up in the NW mountains where I couldn't move.

A few other random notes:

tutorials crafting and equipment: than -> then

Does that tutorial labelled in dark blue say 'effects' maybe? I can't read it.

consumables tutorial: annother -> another

Make a Living "With the time" -> "In time"

At home, I went to the place you claim achievements. It told me to kill some flies and I'd get an achievement or something. I killed them, got nothing.

Temple of Holy Light "to valuable" -> "too valuable".

Tavern "drunk to much" -> "drank too much"

Description for buying oven says workbench.
Attachments
TSL-Strange Legacy - Trader-Auto-Save1.gz
(2.09 MiB) Downloaded 286 times
TSL-Strange Legacy - Trader-Auto-Save7.gz
(827.75 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

white_haired_uncle wrote: November 6th, 2018, 9:49 pm Starting in save7, I went to the HH, then Cityguard. Chose spooky north. When I got to 'leave' to go back to midland, I bumped into someone and a duel began.

There was no duel. I ended up in the NW mountains where I couldn't move. See save1.

A few other random notes:

tutorials crafting and equipment: than -> then

Does that tutorial labelled in dark blue say 'effects' maybe? I can't read it.

consumables tutorial: annother -> another

Make a Living "With the time" -> "In time"

At home, I went to the place you claim achievements. It told me to kill some flies and I'd get an achievement or something. I killed them, got nothing.

Temple of Holy Light "to valuable" -> "too valuable".

Tavern "drunk to much" -> "drank too much"

Description for buying oven says workbench.
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.