Help Map editor Units?

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tribes45

Help Map editor Units?

Post by tribes45 »

I'm using the map editor and i notice you can select where you wan't spawn units at.
How do i make units in the map editor?

Msn message me at Tribes45@hotmail.com
Pm me
Or just leave a comment!

Thaml you for your time!
"In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons." -Herodotus
"Two things are infinite, the universe and Human stupidity. Although, I'm not sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Help Map editor Units?

Post by Iris »

You simply don't.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

Then how?
"In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons." -Herodotus
"Two things are infinite, the universe and Human stupidity. Although, I'm not sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

To be more precise, you have to call up the map using a scenario cfg and code the unit generation coordinates and specifications in the cfg, not in the map. The editor only deals with terrains; anything more complicated has to be done with WML.

I'm not the person you want for WML help, though. I don't really know any of it besides some basic knowledge of what is possible within its boundaries.
Kapoue_II

Post by Kapoue_II »

You probably want an entire scenario file for that I'm afraid. My suggestion is simple: Learn WML. Its not that complicated, the wiki claims to be outdated but in practice its almost entirely fine, and it lets you do much cooler stuff than simply generating units.
Although obviously, it does that to. Try downloading "A Simple Campaign" and modifying that using the wiki.
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

Guys thanks for your help i really apercaite it. But i might still have some more questions? How do i get to the wiki?
Brilliand

Post by Brilliand »

Click the "Create" link near the top o this page (right next to the "Forums" link), then scroll down to the bottom and click on "WML Reference."
You are a Dark Adept: you dimmerse yourself in the dark arts...potentially with great rewards....
-JW's personality quiz
LienRag

Post by LienRag »

Is that still true?
The map editor seems to have some scenario features, but I don't even understand how one can load an existing scenario (the option doesn't appear on the File menu).
So how to work on a saved scenario?
Or am I missing something?
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

LienRag wrote: October 13th, 2018, 2:08 am Is that still true?
The map editor seems to have some scenario features, but I don't even understand how one can load an existing scenario (the option doesn't appear on the File menu).
So how to work on a saved scenario?
Or am I missing something?
It's still true. Even so there has been new features in the map, the map is just part of a scenario.
So in your scenario "Myfirstscenario.cfg" you will reference to your edited map.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
LienRag

Post by LienRag »

Thanks.
But if I put units in the map, where are the information about the units saved?
In the .cfg or in the .map?
And how to open then together then?