The Three Sisters Saga (SP campaign for 1.14)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Konstantine

Re: The Three Sisters Saga (SP campaign for 1.14)

Post by Konstantine »

Cool, I'll take a look tonight when I get home from work, it may not be necessary then for you to prepare anything else, I'll write back once I've had a look.

See you later!

Konstantine

P.S.

I noticed you have a few campaigns, I'm going to download those as well and take a look in the near future
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Please do that. For the sake of us players as well. xD
Konstantine

Post by Konstantine »

Excellent, thanks for pointing me to the relevant directories Argesilao, I found the dialogue and also the scenario descriptions, you don't need to provide me with anything else, I have all I need there.
I'll copy the files and make changes to the text only, once done I'll pass them to you. If the new text then meets your approval you can just replace the old files with the new, I'll be very careful to insure only dialogue is altered and nothing else.
I'll need some time on this, preferably till the end of the weekend when I can work undisturbed.
I'll be in touch soon, have a great day
K
Konstantine

Post by Konstantine »

Konrad2 wrote: August 6th, 2018, 10:22 am Please do that. For the sake of us players as well. xD
Hi Konrad2
Will do! I like Wesnoth not only as a game, but as an example of what a group of people from all over the world can accomplish, each contributing in their own fashion. This campaign really intrigued me, and it will be a pleasure to help, even if it's such a small thing like writing some lines.
Argesilao

Post by Argesilao »

Konstantine wrote: August 6th, 2018, 3:33 pm Excellent, thanks for pointing me to the relevant directories Argesilao, I found the dialogue and also the scenario descriptions, you don't need to provide me with anything else, I have all I need there.
I'll copy the files and make changes to the text only, once done I'll pass them to you. If the new text then meets your approval you can just replace the old files with the new, I'll be very careful to insure only dialogue is altered and nothing else.
I'll need some time on this, preferably till the end of the weekend when I can work undisturbed.
All right! Time isn't a problem for me. :)

Bye

Argesilao
Konstantine

Post by Konstantine »

Argesilao wrote: August 6th, 2018, 6:06 pm
Konstantine wrote: August 6th, 2018, 3:33 pm Excellent, thanks for pointing me to the relevant directories Argesilao, I found the dialogue and also the scenario descriptions, you don't need to provide me with anything else, I have all I need there.
All right! Time isn't a problem for me. :)

Bye

Argesilao
Hi Argesilao,
I sent you a PM with the dialogue edits, along with some other relevant info, the English is native now, though I did purposely keep some eccentricities to make the characters sound more exotic, especially Vaniria, who should definitely not sound like she's from new York.
I'll get to the rest of the text found elsewhere now. Have a look and let me know if you got the file ok.
Have a great day
K
Konstantine

Post by Konstantine »

Hmm. I did some more testing and I am seeing instances where the apostrophe is causing the dialogue to end prematurely, I'll revise and test it then send it again
Argesilao

Post by Argesilao »

Hi everyone!

I just uploaded the 3.2.0 version of the campaign.

what is change:
- Thanks to the Konstantine's hard work, texts and stories in english are now definitely more understandable.
- Balanced the difficult in some scenarios, now a bit more difficult.
- Some little graphics improvements.
- Its available the italian translation.
- fixed a couple of errors

That's all.
Have fun!
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

I just played this all the way through in 3 days, it was so much fun!
The Tirigaz raid was beatable but then i didnt have enough gold to beat the final scenario, so i went back and did it the Greenbay Siege instead.

A couple of minor resource spelling corrections:
02_Greenbay.cfg
change loyalist.ogg to loyalists.ogg
10a_The_Tirigaz_raid.cfg
change Ragged to ragged

You used "nereids" as the name of the friendly water units instead of "merfolk" which is used in mainline. I actually like that better, but im wondering where you got the word? Also, both nagas and nereids do not use terrain very well so they get killed easily.
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

tr0ll wrote: October 4th, 2018, 3:13 pm You used "nereids" as the name of the friendly water units instead of "merfolk" which is used in mainline. I actually like that better, but im wondering where you got the word? Also, both nagas and nereids do not use terrain very well so they get killed easily.
In the Italian transation, Merfolk are translated as "Nereidi", which in English becomes precisely "Nereids". This was a pretty much forced choice, because in Italian Merman becomes Tritone and Mermaid becomes Sirena: had we followed this rule, the Merman Triton would've become "Tritone Tritone" and the Mermaid Siren "Sirena Sirena". Instead of such absurd translations, we've got "Nereide Tritone" (which means Nereid Triton) and "Nereide Sirena" (which means Nereid Siren).
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
Argesilao

Post by Argesilao »

tr0ll wrote: October 4th, 2018, 3:13 pm The Tirigaz raid was beatable but then i didnt have enough gold to beat the final scenario, so i went back and did it the Greenbay Siege instead.
Maybe a balance error? What level of difficulty did you play?
tr0ll wrote: October 4th, 2018, 3:13 pm A couple of minor resource spelling corrections:
02_Greenbay.cfg
10a_The_Tirigaz_raid.cfg
change Ragged to ragged
Fixed! Thanks for the feedback :)
tr0ll wrote: October 4th, 2018, 3:13 pm Also, both nagas and nereids do not use terrain very well so they get killed easily.
I know! I have to learn how to use better the ai :hmm:
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

Argesilao wrote: October 4th, 2018, 7:10 pm
tr0ll wrote: October 4th, 2018, 3:13 pm The Tirigaz raid was beatable but then i didnt have enough gold to beat the final scenario, so i went back and did the Greenbay Siege instead.
Maybe a balance error? What level of difficulty did you play?
Normal.
TTSS-The Tirigaz Raid replay.gz
won with low profit
(73.68 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
Argesilao

Post by Argesilao »

@tr0ll
I saw your replay; apart from bad luck in the first rounds, with many missed attacks to the ships, I think you should have concentrated more efforts on destroying ships, which is the real goal of the scenario, to finish first and get more gold for the last scenario; are about 32 gold pieces for every turn saved and for every side, that means almost 100 gold pieces for the good guys (humans, drakes and nereids).

The real title of the scenario should be "Fast and Furious" :lol:
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

hmm good point thanks!
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I'd like to raise the same issue, but on 'hard'. My team has combined about 550 gold, while the undead have 1100 gold combined and the orgres and trolls have 600 gold combined.
Attachments
TTSS-The Red Shores of Boresild-Auto-Save11.gz
That's where I threw the towel.
(121.24 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
TTSS-The Red Shores of Boresild-Auto-Save1.gz
(72.81 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
TTSS-The Tirigaz Raid replay.gz
(56.24 KiB) Downloaded 335 times