Creep Wars addon

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

vasya
Multiplayer Moderator

Re: Creep Wars addon

Post by vasya »

eurydike: I must unfortunately acknowledge that I don't have time with serious game changes ATM. A whole new category with exclusive items definitely sounds serious.

I guess if you have energy to implement it, a fork would be the way to go.:)
(That doesn't contratict with map development possibilities we discussed on IRC -- those are still considered if it's easy enough to add them / if they are original and well-designed.)
Sordolax

Post by Sordolax »

Hey there,

not sure if this is the place to report creep war bugs, but we have a problem with healing guards in version 1.1.2 The gold is substracted when buying the "Guard healing" but neither the north nor the south guard is healed. Hope this report helps you, please ask if I can be of any further help.
vasya
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by vasya »

Sordolax, big thanks for the report! Fixed in version 1.2.0. Please update)
Sordolax

Post by Sordolax »

thank you, works like a charm. I like the new update as a whole. :D
Encore22

Post by Encore22 »

Hello there, thank you for creating this game, me and my friend have been playing it together and had a lot of fun.

I don't know if you are taking feedback any more, but what I would like to see changed in the game are some kind of comeback mechanic (maybe +gold for a hero kill when you are behind on gold), right now I don't believe I have seen a single comeback after a poor start.

Some kind of way to boost your accuracy would be nice as well.
Trihook

Post by Trihook »

I've been playing creep wars for years, here are some of my thought on it:
Some maps let you block the guard with positioning, some others do not. This is cool, tho it would be nice if one could buy something that affects this.
Would be cool to buy 1 turn immunity for the guard also.
Would be nice to be able to upgrade the guard defences from 50% to 60% as well as to buy some resistances for it.
In very long games, it's possible to get so many movement points to be able to reach the guard from spawn (rarely but it happens), might be a good thing to cap it at 12 maybe.
Some sort of restart vote, as a lot of times we will restart because someoen got a trash unit, which takes time.
More maps, we played them all a million times.
Some way to upgrade/choose creeps.
Not sure if this was fixed, but there is some dwarf from ageless era that drops runes on the ground, this can destroy the shop.
Also berserk is op and we usually restart if someone gets it.
Some units can fly out of the map, this is usually op.
Maybe add some sort of semi guard, that is similar to the normal ones, but when you kill it you get 50 gold or something. Basically a one off gold boost if you manage it, prolly somewhere in the mid close to the base.
Some way to buy defences, but not so that every hero ends up having 70% everywhere.