Abandoned Add-ons - Need Maintainers - Open to Anyone

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Daravel

Re: Abandoned Campaigns - Need Maintainers - Open to Anyone

Post by Daravel »

octalot wrote: May 2nd, 2018, 10:03 pm Wow, thanks for this. I've just updated the Guide_to_UMC_content, archiving all the parts that were only for 1.12. The data for 1.12 was last updated in November, the data for 1.13/1.14 was added yesterday.

The program for updating the WML might be wmllint - it definitely helps, but a lot of the warnings have to be fixed manually.
So the wiki is/was just a list of the add-ons that were on 1.12 (now 1.14). Is it just campaigns and eras?

Yes, that was it. I have done some WML (back in 2012 it turns out) and I never got to grips with it then.
If someone can confirm that WMLllint will highlight most, if not all, the errors - then it will at least be start - most of them will be the same error and I can flood the wml workshop when I'm not sure. I don't know how effective I would be at manually debugging 5 year old campaigns :)
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Your list has Ageless Hotfix, which I admittedly mislabeled as era, instead of Ageless Era, which is on 1.14. There are also several cases where 1.10 era moved to 1.12 as modification.

I believe this list would be more useful in google docs where everyone can suggest changes (including which addons to begin with).

That program is wmllint, but it doesnt have everything. As far as I know, it mostly helps when some paths are renamed. But certainly not most errors, that would take playtesting.
Daravel

Post by Daravel »

Ravana wrote: May 2nd, 2018, 10:16 pm Your list has Ageless Hotfix, which I admittedly mislabeled as era, instead of Ageless Era, which is on 1.14. There are also several cases where 1.10 era moved to 1.12 as modification.

I believe this list would be more useful in google docs where everyone can suggest changes (including which addons to begin with).

That program is wmllint, but it doesnt have everything. As far as I know, it mostly helps when some paths are renamed. But certainly not most errors, that would take playtesting.
Thanks for the comments. I'll look at moving it onto Google docs tomorrow - as you mention, there are going to be numerous errors. I essentially labelled all the cases where the titles matched, deleted all the duplicates and did a quick scroll through to pick up cases where an '_' or similar was added, making the name slightly different.

I vaguely recall in one of the releases there being some notes indicating how the WML had changed and what the maintainers needed to do. Would checking the release notes be the most effective way of getting up to speed on what needs to change? Am I right in thinking that there are going to be two main types of error when porting:
- Incorrect syntax arising from a change in WML code
- WML code that has now been changed or removed, or interacts with the engine differently.

The first being solved by reconciling the old WML with the new methods.
The second from playtesting and seeing where it crashes
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

Hi, Daravel. You can delete Danse Macabre and Story of the Wose from your list, I already uploaded them to 1.14 add-ons server (I am their current maintainer). About "Aventures of Knighthood", I am porting it to 1.14, my progress is on GitHub: https://github.com/konecnyjakub/Adventu ... Knighthood. About my own campaign For Power, I will eventually get to upload it to 1.14, I just have no idea when.
I would offer to help with porting some other campaigns but I no longer have enough free time to do so (mainly due to my new full-time job). Anyway, thanks for collecting the list, it is really useful for the community.
Daravel

Post by Daravel »

James_The_Invisible wrote: May 3rd, 2018, 7:08 pm Hi, Daravel. You can delete Danse Macabre and Story of the Wose from your list, I already uploaded them to 1.14 add-ons server (I am their current maintainer). About "Aventures of Knighthood", I am porting it to 1.14, my progress is on GitHub: https://github.com/konecnyjakub/Adventu ... Knighthood. About my own campaign For Power, I will eventually get to upload it to 1.14, I just have no idea when.
I would offer to help with porting some other campaigns but I no longer have enough free time to do so (mainly due to my new full-time job). Anyway, thanks for collecting the list, it is really useful for the community.
Thanks, I have removed Danse Macabre. I don't think Story of the Wose is on the list, perhaps it was already on 1.14 when I made it.

If you can't help with porting, you might be able to help me learn how to do it. I've never done it before and I fear that I'm going to get caught up on lots of little bits. I've made a thread in this forum and on the wml workshop.
szopen

Post by szopen »

The campaign "A New Order" is not maintained. WHoever would want to take over, has my full blessing.
"Even when the Slav is gay the effort is often evident" -- P. R. RADOSAVLJEVICH
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

szopen wrote: July 26th, 2018, 2:40 pm The campaign "A New Order" is not maintained. WHoever would want to take over, has my full blessing.
I'd like to port ANO to 1.14, I just don't have too much time right now. I'll try to get started on it in the next month or so, unless someone else would like to port it instead of me.
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

Someone brought up Fate of a Princess, and i believe that one isn't maintained either. Does anyone know anything about that one?
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

BTIsaac wrote: July 26th, 2018, 5:19 pm Someone brought up Fate of a Princess, and i believe that one isn't maintained either. Does anyone know anything about that one?
I've checked the version I have on BfW 1.12 and it hasn't been updated since June 2016 so it would appear to be abandoned?
Elder_Mage_Hendrick

Post by Elder_Mage_Hendrick »

I did not understand on how to transfer my ownership on to or maintain "Fate of a Princess". Can someone please tell me in a different way how I can maintain Fate of a Princess.

P.s Sorry if this is the wrong forum to be asking this.
Crelanu was once the Elder Mage master of Delfador (not the main master) and Delfador was once my Elder Mage master. Also since Crelanu and Delfador was once Elder Mages and Delfador was my Elder Mage master that make me "Elder Mage Hendrick" so that means I am now a Elder Mage.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

This is exactly the place to ask.
Elder_Mage_Hendrick

nemaara wrote: July 26th, 2018, 4:32 pm
szopen wrote: July 26th, 2018, 2:40 pm The campaign "A New Order" is not maintained. WHoever would want to take over, has my full blessing.
I'd like to port ANO to 1.14, I just don't have too much time right now. I'll try to get started on it in the next month or so, unless someone else would like to port it instead of me.
I have also had a look at A New Order, If you want to I can help you port it to 1.14.
Crelanu was once the Elder Mage master of Delfador (not the main master) and Delfador was once my Elder Mage master. Also since Crelanu and Delfador was once Elder Mages and Delfador was my Elder Mage master that make me "Elder Mage Hendrick" so that means I am now a Elder Mage.
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Elder_Mage_Hendrick wrote: September 22nd, 2018, 9:26 am
nemaara wrote: July 26th, 2018, 4:32 pm
I have also had a look at A New Order, If you want to I can help you port it to 1.14.
I've already ported it and am currently maintaining for gamebreaking bugs in it.
Elder_Mage_Hendrick

Elder_Mage_Hendrick wrote: September 18th, 2018, 6:59 am I did not understand on how to transfer my ownership on to or maintain "Fate of a Princess". Can someone please tell me in a different way how I can maintain Fate of a Princess.

P.s Sorry if this is the wrong forum to be asking this.
I feel like lots of people who know the answer to my question have seen this post but did not reply to it.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

This thread is about abandoned campaigns, so by uploading it you become its owner/maintainer.