Custom Campaign 2.2.0 for Wesnoth 1.17/1.18

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Re: Custom Campaign 2.0.2 for Wesnoth 1.13

Post by SigurdFireDragon »

Version 2.0.2 is up.

Setup Scenario Changes
Added Setup Scenario command 'Clear Recall'
The unit_type id is now displayed in the Create Unit dialog, to better distinguish between units with identical image and language names
Instructions for the toggles have been added in Scenario Objectives
Default state for all toggles is now indicated by a --------
Labels of toggles when active have been expanded to make clearer what they are doing
'Keep side as is' no longer shows as an option when in the Setup Scenario, it has been replaced by 'Quit to Titlescreen'
The setup scenario now loops when you end turn, to allow working on multiple factions more quickly.
Messages will now display if the Setup Scenario is launched improperly. (previously, they just ended in defeat with a blacked out screen)
Some minor cleanups

Other Changes
Code cleanup
A side's starting income is now displayed properly in the modification faction selection menu.

Thanks to picard65, vee100, & ArcdeSeel for feedback.
Co-Author of Winds of Fate
My Add-ons: Random Campaign, Custom Campaign, Ultimate Random Maps, Era of Legends, Gui Debug Tools
Erfworld: The comic that lead me to find Wesnoth.
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Re: Custom Campaign 2.0.3 for Wesnoth 1.13

Version 2.0.3 is up

Changes:
Fix crash occurring when handling large numbers of units in the Add/Remove or Create Unit commands
Add an option to cancel Add/Remove or Create Unit commands

EDIT: if you are still having trouble with large numbers of units, try clearing the cache in BfW Preferences. That should solve things.
My Add-ons: Random Campaign, Custom Campaign, Ultimate Random Maps, Era of Legends, Gui Debug Tools
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Custom Campaign 2.0.4 for Wesnoth 1.13

Version 2.0.4 is up.

Changes:
Significant user interface improvements
Create Unit & Add/Remove Unit right-click commands now use a custom dialog that allows filtering units by race. It also provides information on the highlighted unit, just like the Recruit menu does.
The various commands to edit units on the map (Set Traits, Set Role, etc.) have all been placed under a single right-click menu option: 'Edit Unit'.
Other:
Use new implementation of stone wall terrain and sconce overlay for the Custom Campaign Scenario
Slight changes to the instructions displayed in the Custom Campaign Scenario in the objectives
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Re: Custom Campaign 2.0.6 for Wesnoth 1.13/1.14

Version 2.0.6 is up for BfW 1.13.12

Changes in 2.0.5
Have Create Unit command make units with random gender when applicable
Fix bug where generate name can enter an endless loop
Remove note about loading speed now that unit_type tables are faster

Changes in 2.0.6
Have faction last used time not update when in the setup scenario
Nikitaw99

Post by Nikitaw99 »

Would it be possible to add a search field for the "Create Unit" menu, like the one in the "Create Unit" debug command?
screenshot.png
Hello world!
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

It should be. Though I'm not sure if I'd need to make my create unit look more like the debug version to get it to work. It's not a priority currently, but I may do it at some point if it seems simple enough.
Magnus_Leblanc

Post by Magnus_Leblanc »

i cant download it with the game , do you have a link for a dowload
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Re: Custom Campaign 2.0.6 for Wesnoth 1.14

If you're having trouble with the in-game add-on download, it can be found here http://addons.wesnoth.org/1.14/
wkwalker333

Post by wkwalker333 »

I have noticed that certain abilities on some units do not get save when using Custom campaign.

Eg. Eagle 11 's outlaw ranger's split fire is dropped. Era of Magic's destroyers obliterater's all around is dropped as well as the EoMa Summorner's air god all-around is also dropped.
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

wkwalker333 wrote: September 11th, 2018, 2:51 am I have noticed that certain abilities on some units do not get save when using Custom campaign.

Eg. Eagle 11 's outlaw ranger's split fire is dropped. Era of Magic's destroyers obliterater's all around is dropped as well as the EoMa Summorner's air god all-around is also dropped.
Works for me.
I tested the Abaddon (L4 of the Obliterater) and all around was working. even surviving having a non EoMa era selected, quitting bfw & doing a cache purge. Same with Outlaw Ranger Splitfire. tested on local games in mp
I'm on BfW 1.14.4+dev Win 7 x64, with EoMa 3.2.0, Default + Outlaws 1.3.4, & Custom Campaign 2.0.6

What versions are you running? It's possible there was a bug in 1.14.4, with a fix being available when 1.14.5 is out.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

another issue with this was reported in the world conquest II thread. where this mood caused wesnoth to crash, the crash itself will be fixed in 1.14.5 though but it will still give a lua error then and probably not work as intended.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

gfgtdf wrote: September 15th, 2018, 1:03 pm another issue with this was reported in the world conquest II thread. where this mood caused wesnoth to crash, the crash itself will be fixed in 1.14.5 though but it will still give a lua error then and probably not work as intended.
Thanks for pointing this out

I should have made it clear in the description for Custom Campaign that it's not guaranteed to work with campaigns that aren't Random Campaign. (It's currently in there, but you have to read between the lines. ('Replaces a side's units', not directly stating general campaign support, etc)) I'll clarify the modification description for the next version of Custom Campaign.
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Re: Custom Campaign 2.0.7 for Wesnoth 1.14

Version 2.0.7 is up

Changes:
Replace deprecated helper.set_wml_tag_metatable with wml.tag
Clarify in the description that mp campaigns may not work
max_405

Post by max_405 »

Im experiencing a problem with one of my factions, when i try to recall it tells me "you currently cant recall on the highlighted location" even though my leader is in the keep.
the faction i try to recall with is a faction the AI used as my ally, and then after we won the scenario, i was unable to recall any surviving units, the leader is about to level up too, and i tried adding another leader to see i the problem was with that leader in especific. also, something to note is that formerly that faction had a second leader that could recruit some unique solders, of which none survived the scenario.
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

max_405 wrote: December 28th, 2018, 8:45 pm Im experiencing a problem with one of my factions, when i try to recall it tells me "you currently cant recall on the highlighted location" even though my leader is in the keep.
the faction i try to recall with is a faction the AI used as my ally, and then after we won the scenario, i was unable to recall any surviving units, the leader is about to level up too, and i tried adding another leader to see i the problem was with that leader in especific. also, something to note is that formerly that faction had a second leader that could recruit some unique solders, of which none survived the scenario.
Welcome to the forums. :)

I'll need more information for me to figure out what's going on.
What would be most helpful is to launch the 1p - Custom Campaign Scenario, select the faction that you are having problems with, and then make a save and either pm it to me or post it here. Along with that, the names of the leader units in question so I can more easily find what I'm looking for in the save file.