4p - Lotus Fields, mappack

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

eurydike

4p - Lotus Fields, mappack

Post by eurydike »

I have made a multiplayer mappack on the add-on server called "Lotus Fields". It contains maps for 4 players with two 2 player teams. The maps are inspired by Isar's Cross, but I have to say they've not achieved the same quality in terms of gameplay. In this thread I'd like to try and get feedback for how to make the maps more playable and on anything.

Currently there are 4 maps. Note about the "tree of life" map, the teams are paired as diagonal corners rather than adjacent sides.
atra_hasis_cross.png
lotus_fields.png
rusalka_vale.png
tree_of_life.png
Eagle_11

Re: 4p - Lotus Fields, mappack

Post by Eagle_11 »

Atra hasis cross: Those villages are way too near each other, the map could use a lengthening at northeast-southwest by like 1-5 tiles.
Lotus fields: this one looks interesting as it seems to have decent water ways for amphibian usage.
tree of life: The villages are lined up perfectly symetrical north-south, it could use some slight asymetry. Sylvan wouldnt able to fight seeing everywhere is open,try converting some of those central tiles, atleast some of the flowers to forest.
rusalka: obvious drake map.
applies to all of them: Chasm is an serious advantage for drakes, consider something else for those tiles. Try adding small lakes, swamps so amphibian/swimmer units would able to use for jumping between waterways.
eurydike

Re: 4p - Lotus Fields, mappack

Post by eurydike »

Eagle_11 wrote: August 29th, 2018, 6:12 pm Atra hasis cross: Those villages are way too near each other, the map could use a lengthening at northeast-southwest by like 1-5 tiles.
Lotus fields: this one looks interesting as it seems to have decent water ways for amphibian usage.
tree of life: The villages are lined up perfectly symetrical north-south, it could use some slight asymetry. Sylvan wouldnt able to fight seeing everywhere is open,try converting some of those central tiles, atleast some of the flowers to forest.
rusalka: obvious drake map.
applies to all of them: Chasm is an serious advantage for drakes, consider something else for those tiles. Try adding small lakes, swamps so amphibian/swimmer units would able to use for jumping between waterways.
Thanks for feedback. Villages are indeed very close in Atra Hasis' Cross, figuring out how to fix this problem is difficult. Tree of Life map does indeed have a feel of atrificial symmetry, but it's in part intentional. I'm not sold on that Rusalka Vale is definitely advantageous for Drakes, but there are some sand hexes which could be changed to something else if that does seem to be the case indeed.. I'll try and figure out something with the cross map for the next version. And maybe look into evaluating Rusalka for Drakes. I'll also look into the prospect of adding further swamp hexes. Thanks again..
eurydike

Two new maps

Post by eurydike »

odinscross.png
memorial.png
Odin's Cross is very heavily emulated from Isar's Cross and I think it's probably too similar. Memorial is perhaps too large. Any comment's on these?