World Conquest II

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gfgtdf
Developer

Re: World Conquest II

Post by gfgtdf »

Uploaded version 0.7.3 which fixed that one.

Poor version 0.7.2 lasted less than day on the addonserver...

EDIT: i didn't mark versions 0.7.2 and 0.7.3 as incompatible so even if you have version 0.7.3 installed it might happen that you join a game that uses version 0.7.2 or 0.7.1 older, so better check it if you want to make sure that you are not effected by this bug.

EDIT2: you are did already start a campaign these changes will only effect units that were recruited after the first new scenario after you loaded the game so it'S better to load from the last turn of the previously scenario than from the first turn of the old scenario. Also since version 0.7.2 wocopedia can tell you the 'real' version currently used becasue the version number in the objective3s menu is just the version in which the campaign was started.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

hello,
i post only about bugs :oops:
the herald armour should change the alignment to lawful. my leader stayed to liminal.
i dont check for the terror disguise (chaotic alignment).
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

SatHyre wrote: August 2nd, 2018, 4:18 pm hello,
i post only about bugs :oops:
the herald armour should change the alignment to lawful. my leader stayed to liminal.
i dont check for the terror disguise (chaotic alignment).
uploaded version 0.7.4
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

Hello,
Another bug : picking the gold doesn't add 70 gold.
My version is 0.7.4.
Why others players didn't see that?
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

uploaded version 0.7.5 to fix the gold issue, note that this will reapply only when new map is loaded so if you for example just started the final map and wanted to pick gold, you have to load from the last turn of the previous map to fix this issue for the final map.
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

Hello,
What is new in 0.7.6?
A little difference between 0.7 and 0.6 : in 0.6 when you pick item, you got a new one next map.
Of course, picked item doesn't reappear in the list of next maps. If you pick feeding for example, no feeding anymore in next maps.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

0.7.6 had a minor fix for an error when you picked up a training in a bonus point but had all your training maxed, I don't think this can really happen unless you cheated so I didn't announce it, also it sets the minimum compatible version to 0.7.4 so you can no longer join games with the gold invest bug.

Will invest the item invest bug. I'm currently not home so it might take a few days.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Hey gfgtdf,

would it be possible to get a confirmation message before taking an Item? It's kinda annoying that you have to maneuver around items laying on the ground since every unit that steps on the instantly takes the Item.

Greetings,
Paulomat4
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

uploaded version 0.7.7 to fix the invest item list not growing issue.
Paulomat4 wrote: August 28th, 2018, 9:02 am would it be possible to get a confirmation message before taking an Item?
I think that would quite easy to implement, one just needs to add a message conformation message somewhere here https://github.com/gfgtdf/World_Conques ... s.lua#L112 , i'd like to hear some other opinions before this is done though.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Well i thhink I spoke with SatHyre as well about that, could be that I'm wrong here though. And at least the two other players in my match yesterday agreed and I don't really see a downside in this I must say :)
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

Hello,
The choice to take or not the item is a good idea.
Another bug : if you change your colour to AI's colour, there are 2 sides in same colour. If I am red and change to black, side 5 would be red instead of black.
Noella

Post by Noella »

Hello.

Would like to report a bug.
Had a heroic red mage with the -50% xp book, but when it was supposed to advance, it just went back to 0 xp red mage. (I believe it gained hp, I'm not 100% sure though). Played on the latest version
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

hmm no idea what could have caused this do you have a savefile? also, did you use other modifications ?

EDIT: actually, that's probably a bgu in the 'preset advancement' option will be fixed in the next update until then, you can workaround by manualyl unsetting the units advancement after the unit advances.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

No objection in a week so i'll put the pickup confirmation dialog in.

Uploaded 0.7.8 which adds the pickup confirmation dialog, it also fixed the following bugs:

- Fix ai side color when player changes colors.
- Fix item drop message.
- Fix bug in preset advancement
Graypaws11

Post by Graypaws11 »

I am continually running into a bug;

On the Volcanic scenario, on Grand Marshall difficulty, 1P WC2, I am unable to progress to the next scenario. Killing the last enemy leader, using debug to next_level, nothing works. Using Custom Campaign mod w/ Reign of Lords units. Also had Reign of Lords Advancement mod on, and Campaign Drop Mod.

Not exactly sure whats going on, as if the mods were causing issues I doubt I'd have been able to make it to Volcanic. After winning via debug or killing last leader, Wesnoth crashes. Every time I try.
Attachments
WC II 1p - Scenario 4 - Volcanic Turn 43 Error.gz
(429.97 KiB) Downloaded 414 times