1.14.3/4 MP server login error && Add-ons repo access error

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
chol

Re: 1.14.3/4 MP server login error && Add-ons repo access error

Post by chol »

Pentarctagon wrote: July 26th, 2018, 12:43 pm To enter your username and password manually, you would unselect the option in Preferences > Multiplayer > Save password locally (encrypted). If that option was already not selected, then the connection error was happening before the server requested your username+password.
Thank you for this suggestion -- this did the job.
Courious, though, that a fresh new sub-version installs from steam/cmake/tarball)/ppa get old settings. More disturbing is that credentials problem results in connection error reports ..
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

shadowm wrote: July 31st, 2018, 9:40 am The only thing we have is an automatic IP ban on a certain number of repeated login attempts within a small amount of time, but that expires after 60 minutes and results in a very visible message stating you’re temporarily banned from the server when you successfully connect to it.
To demonstrate, upon attempting to connect too many times in a row:
Screenshot_20180801_054221.png

And after returning to the main menu and trying again with stored credentials:
Screenshot_20180801_054259.png
(I may have had outdated information on the ban duration. And also this is still completely irrelevant for the add-ons server.)
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

chol wrote: August 1st, 2018, 9:36 am
Pentarctagon wrote: July 26th, 2018, 12:43 pm To enter your username and password manually, you would unselect the option in Preferences > Multiplayer > Save password locally (encrypted). If that option was already not selected, then the connection error was happening before the server requested your username+password.
Thank you for this suggestion -- this did the job.
Courious, though, that a fresh new sub-version installs from steam/cmake/tarball)/ppa get old settings. More disturbing is that credentials problem results in connection error reports ..
It doesn't make sense that credential issues will result in a connection refused error. You need to connect to send credentials. There might be some explanation for the mp server but the addon server doesn't even have anything to do with the mp server credentials at all.

I see that you connected successfully on july 26th to the mp and addon server. Before that there is nothing in the server logs which is consistent with not being able to connect.

Are you still able to reproduce the issue? Log output from wesnoth --log-debug=network would be interesting.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
Tad_Carlucci
Inactive Developer

Post by Tad_Carlucci »

language clarification: having nothing in the server logs is consistent with a report of connection failures.
I forked real life and now I'm getting merge conflicts.
chol

Post by chol »

Recently I installed the latest 1.14.4 - steam client sucessfully - and got access to MP-server and add-ons-server.
Now I updated my development instance from 1.14.3 also to 1.14.4 (cmake) and got same restriction of access as stated in the beginning of this thread .. even on my 1.14.4-steam client ..
wtf is going on ..???
Even a new registered account cannot get to MP-server nor add-ons-server ..