Swamplings for 1.14

Review and rate user-made single and multiplayer campaigns and scenarios.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

octalot
General Code Maintainer

Re: Swamplings for 1.12

Post by octalot »

I'm not volunteering, as I also don't have time, but I think this campaign's maintenance should be delegated to someone with time to test it. Otherwise we'll be in a cycle of reporting errors and getting new versions with just those errors fixed.
Dugi

Re: Swamplings for 1.12

Post by Dugi »

Nobody else is going to do it. If I don't do it, it won't be done. Now, hand me the error reports.
tribes55

Re: Swamplings for 1.14

Post by tribes55 »

In scenario one, when you have a unit to 25,19 an event triggers that gives you two wolves. An error kicks that say "[animate_unit] is missing flag.
I imagine this causes the rest of the event to be invalidated, too.

Version 1.14.4, most recent Swamplings version, too.

Edit: this same error triggers with the Misris event.

Edit: included a SS of an error that occured in scenario 2, when I was told to retrieve a poison by going to a hut.
Attachments
bug report..png
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Thanks for the report. I have fixed those errors.

I just learned that the author was activating a non-existent animation to turn a unit towards some other unit.
tribes55

Post by tribes55 »

Thank you! Now I can hop back into it. :)
Byron

Post by Byron »

Thank you, Dugi.
Byron

Post by Byron »

I don't know how to make a screen shot, & I'm not sure I've done the attachment correctly. either, but the last scenario won't load. If you load the attachment it might show you the message as it appears in game.

Condition 'as_int>=0' failed at src\gui\core\canvas.cpp: 1041 in function 'dimension_validation'.
Extra development information: Image 'units/trumpeter-rope.png', x=36.

S-Full Circle.gz
(22.59 KiB) Downloaded 644 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I will have a look at it.

EDIT: I have fixed the problem. Thanks for the save file, it did help me.
Byron

Post by Byron »

Your efforts were successful, Dugi. I was able to complete the campaign. Thank you.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

BFW 1.14.5

A few image errors. I believe someone said that newer versions of BFW automatically add "leader", and it looks like maybe nozoc as well? Just changing, for example, "ellipse-leader" to "ellipse" worked for me.

20181017 13:27:27 error display: could not open image 'misc/ellipse-hero-leader-top.png'
20181016 14:44:17 error display: could not open image 'misc/ellipse-leader-leader-bottom.png'
20181016 14:52:56 error display: could not open image 'misc/ellipse-nozoc-nozoc-top.png'

For the following, I have those files installed, but not under .../transparent/ (i.e. I have portraits/nagas/myrmidon.png, but there is no portraits/nagas/transparent directory).

20181016 18:29:57 error display: could not open image 'portraits/nagas/transparent/myrmidon.png'
20181016 21:27:53 error display: could not open image 'portraits/orcs/transparent/grunt-6.png'

Couple minor things I noticed in Meet_Mister_Blydd. First, the objectives say Kennison has to live "if recruited", right after he is automatically recalled. Also, I found the objectives a bit unclear in that you don't actually have to "Stop Sergeant Mugwyn", "Defeat enemy leader (Francois)" is enough.
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

white_haired_uncle wrote: October 17th, 2018, 6:31 pm BFW 1.14.5

A few image errors. ...
I have fixed them all.

Should I upload it for everyone to update or should it better wait till I find something more important?
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Dugi wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 8:58 pm
white_haired_uncle wrote: October 17th, 2018, 6:31 pm BFW 1.14.5

A few image errors. ...
I have fixed them all.

Should I upload it for everyone to update or should it better wait till I find something more important?
Might avoid seeing the same reports twice if you upload even minor changes.

But then, not everyone has a decent internet connection.

If I were developing/maintaining, I'd probably use a version convention where the last number after the last period denoted only cosmetic changes and put a description of that in the campaign notes that show up in the add-on server.
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
Byron

Post by Byron »

I noticed some minor things that I didn't think were that big of a deal, so I didn't bother you with them. For instance, when you meet the troll, whoever finds him dies, no matter how tough they are. It didn't use to be that way, but I couldn't decide if that was the original intent, or a bug. In other words, was that a bug, or the correction of a previous bug?

My vote, for what it's worth, is that you update.

Update / explanation: At the time, I was more concerned with just being able to play the campaign, again.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

white_haired_uncle wrote: October 24th, 2018, 12:45 am
Dugi wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 8:58 pm...
Might avoid seeing the same reports twice if you upload even minor changes.

But then, not everyone has a decent internet connection.

If I were developing/maintaining, I'd probably use a version convention where the last number after the last period denoted only cosmetic changes and put a description of that in the campaign notes that show up in the add-on server.
I am only making minor changes. I am not developing the add-on. And most people have no idea what version numbers mean and decide to update based on different criteria.

I have uploaded it because of the dread bug Byron announced after your last post.
Byron wrote: October 24th, 2018, 1:25 am I noticed some minor things that I didn't think were that big of a deal, so I didn't bother you with them. For instance, when you meet the troll, whoever finds him dies, no matter how tough they are. It didn't use to be that way, but I couldn't decide if that was the original intent, or a bug. In other words, was that a bug, or the correction of a previous bug?

My vote, for what it's worth, is that you update.

Update / explanation: At the time, I was more concerned with just being able to play the campaign, again.
I have fixed it and uploaded the update.

I don't know what was the problem, but the code was quite obsolete, so I replaced that whole part.
commandeur

Post by commandeur »

Thanks go Dugi for keeping this campaign alive. The humor and story are lots of fun.

I came here to report an image error that comes up at the start of Hammerheads and prevents the scenario from loading. "Image doesn't fit on canvas."
Condition 'as_int >=0' failed at /Users/vic/src/wesnoth/wesnoth/src/gui/core/canvas.cpp:1041 in function 'dimension_validation.' Extra development information: Image 'portraits/orcs/grunt-6.png', x = -73.

I'm playing version 1.2.0h of the Swamplings on an iPad.

HammerheadsError.png