Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Konrad2 »

That sounds cool. :D You might want to add ghostlike/ethereal and fae/spiritual. ^^
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I have published a new version. Changes:

Code: Select all

Added 5 new items
Demons now have evil titles behind their names
Updated the Skeletal Dragon to use the new sprite, with custom animations
Updated Orcish Nightblade to be closer to the newly added mainline one
Fixed a lot of lesser bugs, mostly compatibility problems with 1.14/code]
Graemewf

Post by Graemewf »

Hi there, just enjoying Wesnoth on iPad and when playing LotI using the latest iPad release, after quitting and restarting the game and loading one of the saved scenarios the major protagonists and other loyal characters disappear from the game. I have done the recent add in update but still the same issue. Using iPad 4 mini.

Thanks

G
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

Hey, just an idea. If you're adding titles for strong units, wouldn't it make more sense for units to get their titles when the "aware of legacy possessed" advancement is picked? At that point, they could get a title based on their legacy (ex: "the lightbringer"/"the bright" for legacy of light, "the swift"/"the tireless" for legacy of the free, "the shunned"/"the outcast" for legacy of exile, "of the cold north", etc).
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

If we go along with that idea I'd prefer that the legacy thing 'unlocks' a additional part of the title, instead of making up 100% of the title. The legacy doesn't decide what kind of person they were in this life, it just adds another set of abilities. Like, a Shadow Prince being called 'the Cruel' unlocking legacy of light is called 'the cruel lightbringer' (or something like that, it would probably be easier if the new title is always added before or after the old title. A new adjective would probably best, so the titles are somewhat compatible.)
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

I thought of something along the lines of each legacy having a different version for each unit group. Sure the legacy doesn't define who they were up until that point but that is where the unit becomes a real badass and starts taking names.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Graemewf wrote:Hi there, just enjoying Wesnoth on iPad and when playing LotI using the latest iPad release, after quitting and restarting the game and loading one of the saved scenarios the major protagonists and other loyal characters disappear from the game.
You gave me way to little info. Which scenario? Was it a start scenario save or an autosave or was it saved at some turn? Can you upload that save file? Furthermore, I don't have an iPad, so if it's an iPad-only problem, I can't do anything about it.
BTIsaac wrote:I thought of something along the lines of each legacy having a different version for each unit group.
There might be 10 unit groups, there are about 10 legacies, that would lead to 100 combinations. Addressing each one of them specifically is not very doable. In this case, I'd prefer to stick with Konrad2's idea.
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

Dugi wrote: July 21st, 2018, 9:20 am There might be 10 unit groups, there are about 10 legacies, that would lead to 100 combinations. Addressing each one of them specifically is not very doable. In this case, I'd prefer to stick with Konrad2's idea.
Only 100 titles at most and probably not even that much. Some unit groups could use the same title for a legacy, and some legacies can have a universal title that's the same for all unit groups.
Thantonous

Post by Thantonous »

Graemewf wrote: July 19th, 2018, 6:23 pm Hi there, just enjoying Wesnoth on iPad and when playing LotI using the latest iPad release, after quitting and restarting the game and loading one of the saved scenarios the major protagonists and other loyal characters disappear from the game. I have done the recent add in update but still the same issue. Using iPad 4 mini.

Thanks

G
I am having same problem I also 80 percent of time can not even get campaign to load.

Thantonous
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

BTIsaac wrote: July 21st, 2018, 10:51 am
Dugi wrote: July 21st, 2018, 9:20 am...
Only 100 titles at most and probably not even that much. Some unit groups could use the same title for a legacy, and some legacies can have a universal title that's the same for all unit groups.
There would not be many variations then and it would be hard to find out something meaningful for odd combinations, like a goblin with legacy of kings.

Actually, I have implemented a solution to this elsewhere earlier, but all implementation is in C++ and it was not a trivial algorithm. Implementing that in lua would be a challenge (doing it in WML sounds completely unthinkable).
Thantonous wrote: July 21st, 2018, 6:53 pm
Graemewf wrote: July 19th, 2018, 6:23 pm...
I am having same problem I also 80 percent of time can not even get campaign to load.

Thantonous
So it is probably an iOS problem, can you report it to the iOS maintainer? Btw, what does it say when it does not load?
jimis

Post by jimis »

I've been playing Battle for Wesnoth for about 15 years (with long breaks included), and I just made an account to say: Thank you!

I discovered Legend of the Invincibles by chance when I tried a test run of Wesnoth 1.14 (after years away from Wesnoth), and I was immediately addicted. This is such an amazing campaign, being so long with solid storyline, extending the gameplay in unthinkable ways for the game engine, it is apparent that great effort has been spent. It could be a game on its own!

Congrats and keep it up!
musicc

Post by musicc »

I have another idea. Prevent class with the skill of same legacy. For example, legacy of light and Celestial Messenger? Majority of legacy of light is part of Celestial skill tree. Can you make it so that if you already of the skill for that class, you will not need to learn it?
BTIsaac wrote: July 19th, 2018, 8:27 pm Hey, just an idea. If you're adding titles for strong units, wouldn't it make more sense for units to get their titles when the "aware of legacy possessed" advancement is picked? At that point, they could get a title based on their legacy (ex: "the lightbringer"/"the bright" for legacy of light, "the swift"/"the tireless" for legacy of the free, "the shunned"/"the outcast" for legacy of exile, "of the cold north", etc).
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@jimis
Thank you!

@musicc
It's intentional that some legacies are useless to the one who gets it. What I might do is to alter the Celestial Messenger or Legacy of Light so that they would give less similar bonuses.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

Especially in that case, I don't think that's possible without totally altering the nature of one of the two, as healing and illuminating are central aspects of both identities. Taking them away from CM just wouldn't fit and I don't think changing LoL so strongly because of one unit would be adequate.
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

The Prophet unit can also gain that legacy. I think it would make more sense to make the redundant advancements stack in some way.