After the Storm 0.10.18.1 [Wesnoth 1.14.x & 1.15.12+]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Would you play untested versions of IftU and AtS on Wesnoth 1.15.4+?

Poll ended at August 29th, 2020, 5:32 am

nah
10%
yee i can play on the latest wesnoth dev release
50%
i can play on wesnoth dev releases but no guarantees im going to be updating every time a new one comes out
10%
am big brain and can play on the wesnoth dev branch from git, who needs binary packages
10%
what the heck is wesnoth 1.15
20%

Total votes: 10

newfrenchy83
Code Contributor

Re: After the Storm 0.9.17 [Wesnoth 1.12]

Post by newfrenchy83 »

And sorry for the late after_the_strom scenario translated
Attachments
fr.zip
Translation of ats 95%
(373.33 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
newfrenchy83
Code Contributor

Post by newfrenchy83 »

Spoiler:
If you re not play ats 3 don't read this spoil.
Ford

Post by Ford »

I recently completed AtS and I think i found some bugs.
Before that, however, I want to say that your campaigns are really great. I completed them three times already, and I think it's one of the best if not the best campaigns ever made to Wesnoth. Story, dialogues, maps, scenarios, units, cutscenes (the one after dueling deathbringer!), everything is impressive.

So, the first bug is with the "protection" ability. This bug happened when Ergea was using that ability on 3-level ghost. I also cheked it later and it always worked the same. Without this ability, that ghost shuld have 70% restistance to cold, but with Ergea it turned to 50%. I think it's because that ability can only raise it to 50%, but I don't think it should actually reduce it.
Also, the mission objectives in "Destiny 2" (that last big surface battle in episode 3) are bugged. They should change after defeating Sisters and after destroying Mal Barth, but they only change for blue side, remaining the same for red side. Also, after defeating all leaders except Barth, Ergea repeated exactly the same words she said after defeating Sisters. Also, I don't know if that intended, but you can make defending against drones in that scenario much easier simply by sending Anya alone against them. She won't die, and can kill a lot of them and distract even more, making it easier for her army to hold position (although it not very hard to hold anyway, at least on medium).
And please, forgive me any mistakes I made, I'm not native English speaker.
newfrenchy83
Code Contributor

Post by newfrenchy83 »

i download fr.po in ethea project and begun to corrected the aproximative translation.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

I'm checking the replay for AtS Ep. 3 Destiny - part one. There's a glowing crystal something at (49,15) but I was unable to see, let alone reach it.
Now I found it… wow? It's a very cryptic revelation. But 100% completion is 100% completion.

I'm still stuck at Destiny Part 2 in any case - I had to finish university and such IRL and when I came back I found the transition from progressively smaller parties stuck in underground corridors to one huuuge field battle with two armies a bit too much. I will need to do something about this.

Also, a proper bug: there are many units (Chaos Sharpshooter, the Shaxthals' Turret) that are at their maximum level but still have their experience points marked in light blue as if they could be promoted to something else.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Sadaharu wrote: July 11th, 2018, 1:31 am Also, a proper bug: there are many units (Chaos Sharpshooter, the Shaxthals' Turret) that are at their maximum level but still have their experience points marked in light blue as if they could be promoted to something else.
In the Turret’s case, it’s intentional (for reasons I do not remember at this time). The Sharpshooter is an oversight. Do you know of any others?
Ford wrote: June 19th, 2018, 2:49 pmSo, the first bug is with the "protection" ability. This bug happened when Ergea was using that ability on 3-level ghost. I also cheked it later and it always worked the same. Without this ability, that ghost shuld have 70% restistance to cold, but with Ergea it turned to 50%. I think it's because that ability can only raise it to 50%, but I don't think it should actually reduce it.
I’ll take a look, although I’m not really sure that’s something I can fix without removing the ability entirely.
Ford wrote: June 19th, 2018, 2:49 pmAlso, the mission objectives in "Destiny 2" (that last big surface battle in episode 3) are bugged. They should change after defeating Sisters and after destroying Mal Barth, but they only change for blue side, remaining the same for red side. Also, after defeating all leaders except Barth, Ergea repeated exactly the same words she said after defeating Sisters.
I already have a fix for the latter bug, just stuck waiting for the next release. The former is something Inky had already told me about, but even though I did manage to reproduce it, I couldn’t figure out the cause or why it didn’t come up during my own playthroughs.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

shadowm wrote:In the Turret’s case, it’s intentional (for reasons I do not remember at this time). The Sharpshooter is an oversight. Do you know of any others?
The Lumeril Glyph units that form a barrier around Hemérilyel in Destiny — Pаrt 1 E3S8B, I've just found… honestly, I've been keeping a log but I hadn't read it for weeks so the mental index one builds when doing it is now a bit rusty. It's coming back bit by bit.

Minor typos in Breakdown E3S8C:
Spoiler:
Oooh, (also spoiler tags for this):
Spoiler:
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Spoiler:
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Spoiler:
Also, far more harmless: Is it just me or do Shaxthal drone units change colour all the time?
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

shadowm wrote: July 11th, 2018, 2:35 am (which is also why none of the characters introduced in AtS have portraits).
Well I did offer to help out with that, but that was before I agreed to do the demons for Nemaara.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Sadaharu wrote: July 11th, 2018, 4:13 am Also, far more harmless: Is it just me or do Shaxthal drone units change colour all the time?
Their exoskeleton changes colouration depending on how long they’ve been exposed to sunlight. The bluer Shaxthal units dwell almost exclusively underground, while the bright brown units have spent the most amount of time in the surface.
IftU S22B wrote:Only fully matured Shaxthals can properly survive the desert heat. The final phase of their maturation process requires their exoskeleton to be gradually exposed to sunlight for small periods of time. It is because of this that all Shaxthal hives are required to have unobstructed surface exits.
newfrenchy83
Code Contributor

Post by newfrenchy83 »

I posthere my last translation with all aproximate translations read and corrected. 187 chain remain to translate.
Attachments
fr.zip
Last translate
(374.56 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
newfrenchy83
Code Contributor

Post by newfrenchy83 »

fr.zip
(390.74 KiB) Downloaded 325 times
ats translate 96% 125 chain to translate. Chain reorganized in order
newfrenchy83
Code Contributor

Post by newfrenchy83 »

For thw bug in protection ability that because filter_base_value not within code for exclude resistance greater than 50%. I post a PR in ethea project but shikadiqueen had already before she ignore the PR in her project other what .po files. You can put this
[filter_base_value]
less_than=50
In abilitie protection in you're copy of naia project.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

I’m not ignoring it, I’m just caught up in other things at the moment, hence I haven’t released a new IftU update either.