Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

nachkar

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by nachkar »

Replaying a Loti campaign with 1.14, few things :

- like moony, i noticed that since advancement is delayed to start of turn, sometimes advancing does not regen the unit to full (and sometimes it does o_O).

- I don't know whats causing it, but I'm often getting double damage. Litteraly double, my troops seem to randomly double their base damage. As an example, if a Destroyer has 39-4, it'll sometimes be 78-4. Tooltip reads : "base damage 39 // with specials 78"... on troops that has no gear whatsoever. It's happenned since the very first scenarios of chap6. Makes the game pretty easy by the way, explosive fireball from duelist wiz... with x2 base damage? lol ^^'
Lastly, this bonus seems to come and go, might be related to time of day?

- small bug/display missing : using the Unrepenting Bow (distant attack+hit and run) on a skel archer, and combat preview sometimes does not display chances to hit nor ennemy counterratack (even though its #x0 cause of distant attack, I just get an empty black hex).
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

nachkar wrote: May 28th, 2018, 12:38 pm - like moony, i noticed that since advancement is delayed to start of turn, sometimes advancing does not regen the unit to full (and sometimes it does o_O).
Interesting. Save file of no heal plz?
nachkar wrote: May 28th, 2018, 12:38 pm - I don't know whats causing it, but I'm often getting double damage. Litteraly double, my troops seem to randomly double their base damage. As an example, if a Destroyer has 39-4, it'll sometimes be 78-4. Tooltip reads : "base damage 39 // with specials 78"... on troops that has no gear whatsoever. It's happenned since the very first scenarios of chap6. Makes the game pretty easy by the way, explosive fireball from duelist wiz... with x2 base damage? lol ^^'
Lastly, this bonus seems to come and go, might be related to time of day?
Were there any units nearby? There are quite a few specials that allow adjacent units to deal more damage.
nachkar wrote: May 28th, 2018, 12:38 pm - small bug/display missing : using the Unrepenting Bow (distant attack+hit and run) on a skel archer, and combat preview sometimes does not display chances to hit nor ennemy counterratack (even though its #x0 cause of distant attack, I just get an empty black hex).
Save file plz. Might be a wesnoth thing though.
nachkar

Post by nachkar »

- For the no heal on lvlup while defending, need to remember to load the turn before/recreate situation/save, will do that as soon as I get another case >_>

- For the bow it'll have to wait till I can get my undead recalls again later in C7 cause its stuck on one of those ><

- For double damage here's an example (Last Survivors save) : look at the destroyer's tooltip. Fun thing is, if i unequip his mace, the thing dissapears and damage goes back to normal. Even if he then goes to castle/reequips the mace, it lists a normal 54-3 (wheras bugged its 107-3).
I also did spread out all troops to prevent buff influences.
So far its happenned on that guy, on lethalia, on duellist wizard, and efraim too. Others maybe but those 4 for certain. Will provide more saves when it happens

Edit : found a savefile for the bow, and another example of "double damage" (Apologies save) : the bow thing wasnt as bad as I thought, the only thing missing is its chance to hit. Check out the duelist wizard north too, he has double damage steroids on(tooltip sayw "with specials" and dmg is doubled).
Also it seems that changing ANY ITEM fixes it (i removed gloves for test)
Attachments
LotI2-Apologies Turn 8.gz
(417.3 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
LotI2-Last Survivors Turn 2b.gz
(420.33 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
nachkar

Post by nachkar »

Sorry for double post but other post was getting cluttered anyways.

Here's a savefile with an example of lvl-up bug. If you end turn there the gryphon rider should get attacked on all sides by spectres and if lucky enough lvl up (and then not get healed, and die shortly after or the next turn)
Attachments
LotI2-Tundra-Auto-Save15.gz
(486.88 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
NotDatGuy

Post by NotDatGuy »

So I'm back on wesnoth after a many,many year hiatus. And lets just say its good to be back. Now I've come across this campaign and seems to me that this is more than a worthwhile experience. But before i dive into this massively awesome campaign I'm wondering if Its stable enough for a solid playthrough on 1.14. Or should i try to find a previous version of wesnoth (1.12?). To bad steam doesn't have retro versions, making it a touch more difficult to roll back my version. I'd just hate to get a hundred scenarios in just to realize that something didn't trigger properly or that my play gets gimped or bugged somehow.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@NotDatGuy There probably is some bugs. This campaign is huge, so I don't think anyone has done a complete playthrough yet. I have a few reported bugs, but none of them seem too bad so far. You will need to use the GitHub version though, not sure if that is possible on steam.
Xara

Post by Xara »

I played github version to the middle of chapter 2(Darkness Closing In). No bug except for incompatibility with SP mods. The major problem is that Wesnoth 1.14 seems to have introduced performance problem, especially when you fight in a 80x80 map with hundreds of units.

I would recommend the 1.12 version of LotI. Because it's proven reliable and there is no new content in the 1.14 version anyway.
It pronounces Sha'ha, not Zara.

Feedback Thread of my Add-ons
NotDatGuy

Post by NotDatGuy »

If there's no new content ill just dig up BfW 1.12 and use that version if its more stable. Pretty crazy that this games still getting updated hard enough to push mods out of date after so many years.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

Heh, I think the incompatibilities have been accelerating recently. This mod is full of version dependent code, so it should be 1.12-1.14 compatible, until someone find time to start cleaning up (won't be me until I've finished my exams).
NotDatGuy

Post by NotDatGuy »

Might be worth waiting a bit to put in that effort anyways. Since dropping on steam I imagine 1.14 will get a bunch of patches (already a couple). If not a 1.15 release. Although after 15 years what could there possibly be left to fix. Not that I'm complaining, its awesome to see such a classic still getting love from the devs.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

The patches won't change anything significant, and 1.15 is the next series of dev releases. Wesnoth is still being actively developed with new features, and will still be changing even if we wait.
darcon

Post by darcon »

Any luck fixing my save? can you take somones char that has already changed into a litch and import it into my save?
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@darcon Try this.
LotI1-Meeting of the Ancients.gz
(249.41 KiB) Downloaded 305 times
I have no idea what was wrong with your save, except that the recalling was completely broken. Your Leth is still wrong though. When did you last update from the GitHub version? And could I have a Toxic Sun save file? Thanks.

@nachkar Interesting. There must be some special that is being applied and then not recalculated when removed. Might be a wesnoth bug. It'll take a while to track down in any case.
Gyndur

Post by Gyndur »

I do not know if this has been already fixed but looks like portrait for female prophet is not done correctly. Should be prophet+female.png instead of mage-light+female in unit file. And i also moved picture itself to core portraits for me to work correctly.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@Gyndur Thanks, it's been updated.