Afterlife -- survival and race maps

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Afterlife -- survival and race maps

Post by Ravana »

I saw one khthon match, it is free xp for opponent.
adramolokh

Post by adramolokh »

Ravana wrote: May 19th, 2018, 12:08 pm I saw one khthon match, it is free xp for opponent.
Yeah, I saw that in my match as well. They weren't the best testing choice. I'll try a match with a few other factions at a later date.
ghype

Post by ghype »

so back to one of my initial thoughts.
I think afterlife should have 80% xp settings by default. the map is not very long and not big either. In fact the map is pretty small. comparable to isars.
usually maps with these two attributes have less then 100% xp.

however, I maybe it is too late to do a change now. people might have got used to this
ghype

Post by ghype »

for some reason the clones aint appear like statues anymore. they lost the statue cover and the grey-ish cover.

just wanted to leave this here.
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-06-08 01.21.49.png
vasya
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by vasya »

ghype wrote: June 7th, 2018, 11:26 pm for some reason the clones aint appear like statues anymore. they lost the statue cover and the grey-ish cover.
Indeed you're right. The behavior changed some time ago (for 1.14+ only). AI units are indestructible now instead of being "petrified". This allows you to hover them, seeing their potential movement.
If I'd knew how to apply the "gray" thing additionally, I'd do it.
ghype

Post by ghype »

was that necessary ? i mean if you want to see the units you can check the original. but I guess it is now able to see how far they move without having to count the hexes manually.

however, this is getting very unclear which units are clones and which not if you are lets say loosing and the enemy has much ore spawns OR you playing against a swarm faction. attached another image to demonstrate the issue. and well, these two case do not happen rare.
Spoiler:
vasya
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by vasya »

Whoa, it took quite some time to fix it all. The non-trivial part was to remove the "grayscale" image modification when copies start to move.
But it's done now. Starting from version 1.3.7, you get both "grayed out" fresh copies and the ability to hover units to see their hex movement.
vasya
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by vasya »

Thanks for raising attention to this!
ghype

Post by ghype »

Thank YOU for the efforts^
Saratos

Post by Saratos »

Hey there, thanks for making this map, it's really fun!

Found a little bug today, posted it on the Ageless thread already, but thought I would toss it on here as well. It has to do with the "Hex" ability from the unit "Witchdoctor" in the "Natives" faction. It is carrying over to the spawned units. I have a screenshot here -
hex bug afterlife.png
Hope this helps, all the best!
ghype

Post by ghype »

this is not the only ability. I think "bleeding" and any other status changing non-default ability will be copied too.
but I guess in order to fix this, vasya'd have to collect all those abilities and filter those out. thus would probably very tedious searching for ALL of them.
maybe inside ageless would be enough.
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

After the next turn we got a message "No free space to place a copy" and we both lost, that should be fixed somehow I think.
Afterlife powtórka.gz
(58.08 KiB) Downloaded 449 times
Saratos

Post by Saratos »

I don't know when the last update was applied, but it broke the map for me with the settings I was using. Game started out with a Lua error, then the computer's sides got their own units from different factions with full blown stats. I really love Afterlife and Would really like to see this fixed so I can continue to enjoy the way I used to! Thanks for an awesome map!

Full set of mods I had on was:
- Unity magic, extended option
- Reign of the Lords Advancements (the 'modification' checkbox, not the 'Era' drop down selection)
- Plan Unit Advance
- Custom map settings: 50% xp, Fog of War off, Vil gold 3, unit support 2

Also will attach an image of the Lua error here:
Untitled.png
vasya
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by vasya »

Hi. @Elder2, regarding "no free space" end of game. Well this is generally how Afterlife works in case of space being used up. It cannot continue normally. It cannot sanely choose which units to copy, and which not to. So it falls back to saying that the overflooded side has lost. In multiplayer game, the lost side should have "you lost" message, but the winning side should have "you won" message. Not really reproducible if you open replay locally though as all side will be considered local (controlled by you).
vasya
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by vasya »

Saratos: the problem is supposedly with some other add-on (modification) that changed internal team names of the map. Probably changed visible ones as well. The map is designed to have "East" and "West" team names. I'll take a look to see if I can work-around this and not rely on team names anymore.
Thanks for the feedback!