Carved in Stone 0.8.0 [SP Dwarven Campaign for 1.13]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

IIIO_METAL

Re: Carved in Stone 0.8.0 [SP Dwarven Campaign for 1.13]

Post by IIIO_METAL »

Thank you! I replaced "Hero" with the latest version according to your advice.
Creator of "Mountain Witch" & "Castle of evil spirit"
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

Hey,

it's actually been so long that I played this campaign that it felt almost new to me - I had great fun, especially with the hero units (though they are a little overpowered once they get some AMLAs) until scenario 5, as explained below!

Considering I'm playing very casual and still sometimes beat scenario events, not to mention the time limits, to the finish line, the campaign feels a little too easy right now.
General notes:
Scenario 1: Swallowed up by the Earth:
Scenario 2: Orcish Land:
Scenario 3: Old 'Friends':
Scenario 4: Under the Stars:
Scenario 5 is (somewhat) broken for me: only Uthain spawns and has his part of the opening dialogue and the aforementioned error message is shown when the victory conditions show up. As I can recall my other heroes manually, the scenario is still playable though.
Correction: Nothing except the Yeti is spawned and he is of side 2 (ally). I can still trigger the dialogue event by moving into the south-eastern cavern and finish the scenario accordingly. If my heroes had any move-to event, it did not trigger (meaning: should Uthain have been my first unit into that cave that scenario would have been unwinnable, as I would not have had enough time, to get him back to that tunnel).

As I have no idea what is at fault here (and don't have the WML knowledge or time to fix it myself right now) and don't know when my next session will be, I'll stop here. When I next find time I'll read through the files for the remaining dialogues for scenario 5 onwards.
Spoiler:
Edit: PS: The introductory post on the first page is not showing a picture anymore (simply says "image").
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
ekeron

Post by ekeron »

Hi,

I like your campaign so far even if I've only just started playing. :)

However, I think I found a bug. In the second scenario at turn 18, there's a bug apparently. "<Invalid WML found> [animate_unit] is missing flag"
Completed official campaigns: ToTB, AOI, TSG, HttT, Liberty, HoT
Completed unofficial campaigns: The Amaranthine stone, Bad moon rising part 1, Ooze mini campaign
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

It is fixed now, but you need the newest version of Heroes then
elzorrovega

Post by elzorrovega »

Hello Kwandulin,
My compliments for the campaign Oath of Allegiance!

I am playing the campaign Carved in Stone ver 1.3.1 with iPad Wesnoth version 1.14.1. I replayed the entire campaign because the second last version of the iPad application erased all the saves and the current version did not bring back all the scenarios.
I placed a screenshot of the VML error: animate unit is missing flag I get when I finish Under the Star scenario.

I have tried to go back to various turns to see if I can clear the error by taking different actions but no luck. Vetur does not tell about the quest and the caracter Uthain proceeds to next scenario without any enemies. I know this because I played these scenarios some two weeks ago.

Elzorrovega
0FC36EB8-CDAE-46FF-8607-066530B1D462.jpeg
elzorrovega

Post by elzorrovega »

Hi,

False alert!

I realized that I did not update Heroes.

Maybe the latest Heroes allows me to get the staff that is on the top of the map.
-Falcon

Post by -Falcon »

In the second scenario where you fight outlaws it is said that you can recruit bear riders yet I do not see any bear riders in the recruit list.

My version of BFW is 1.14.1
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

Heyho,

decided to try your fix (thanks for the quick work! :) ) and finish the campaign. I copied the comments from my last post for scenario 5 but complemented them with anything else that came up. Continued in the usual style.
Scenario 5: Frost Tunnel:
Scenario 6: Lands of Fire and Ice:
Scenario 7: The March:
Scenario 8: Earth's Maw:
Phew, once again, this comes later than intended, but at last I'm done (all hail the "save draft" function) :)

Cheers!

PS: reverse feedback: As I am always switching something up, when feeding this stuff back, feel free to hit me up with what would be especially useful or doesn't really help (e.g., mentioning the file lines), if anything bugs you in particular.
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

Thanks! Story / text revisions are very welcome. I do not plan to make any big changes regarding _scenario gameplay_ anymore, though.

I'll prepare an update that includes your suggestions!
justapoise

Post by justapoise »

In the Frost Tunnel scenario, I took the flaming sword with the loyal merman but I don't see that It got the flaming sword equipped.
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

Oh, right, it only changes blade attacks to fire.
On a sidenote, I shipped an update to CiS, that includes text changes as suggested by Whiskeyjack. Thanks a ton!
komischerkerl

Post by komischerkerl »

Hey,
just started playing your carved in Stone campaign and had a lot of fun with it, but now i'm stuck in the Lands of fire and ice scenario. i started it a few times but had no chance reaching the fleeing boss. so is there either something i have to unlock in the scenarios before or is it just really hard or is it that i'm just not good :D
tryed it with different types of units . With wolfes and bear rides i came close, but then the griffons appeared and hold me back .

would be nice geting some help
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

So I noticed Uthain's portrait changes to what I assume is an outdated version when he gets his bear mount.
I also agree with the comment on the frost tunnels. Unless you know what's coming, it's impossible to win with the turn limit.
boyoyoy

Post by boyoyoy »

Hi,
here is written it is the feedback for version 1.13, but on 1.14, i'm still send here so I'll say it here:
There is an unwalkable overlay at x=13 y=8 in 02_Orcish_Land.map. I makes no sense to me, that is is there :?

boyoyoy
Still thinking about, if I should think about what I should think about...
Zuzeca

Post by Zuzeca »

komischerkerl wrote: September 26th, 2018, 12:21 pm Hey,
just started playing your carved in Stone campaign and had a lot of fun with it, but now i'm stuck in the Lands of fire and ice scenario.
tryed it with different types of units ...

would be nice geting some help
Same here.

I have no idea how to be fast enough. Even without fighting is is almost impossible to catch up.
What are we missing?