Steam discussion boards

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Daravel

Steam discussion boards

Post by Daravel »

I recall this being discussed before, back in the greenlight thread I think.

The Steam discussion boards are already becoming fairly active and several of them are questions or bugs/issues. I think the consensus before was that the Steam boards weren't going to be used by the dev team. But it might be worth putting up a sticky thread directing people who want to make their own content, ask a question, report a bug and such to come to these forums. Otherwise people may just think you've done a 'ditch-and-run' on Steam (purely because they don't know this forum exists).

We should also be making it as visible and accessible as possible for people who might get involved to get, well, involved.
UnwiseOwl

Re: Steam discussion boards

Post by UnwiseOwl »

The way to do this would probably be a pinned topic directing people to the forum.
PINNED: Wesnoth Community

Thanks for your interest in Battle for Wesnoth.

Our development team does not monitor the steam community pages, so the best way to interact with us is through our existing forums (link), where you'll find forums for bug reports, gameplay feedback, technical help, art resources, and everything in between.

Or you could check out our discord (link).

See you there.
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.
Crushmaster

Post by Crushmaster »

UnwiseOwl wrote: May 2nd, 2018, 11:15 pm The way to do this would probably be a pinned topic directing people to the forum.
PINNED: Wesnoth Community

Thanks for your interest in Battle for Wesnoth.

Our development team does not monitor the steam community pages, so the best way to interact with us is through our existing forums (link), where you'll find forums for bug reports, gameplay feedback, technical help, art resources, and everything in between.

Or you could check out our discord (link).

See you there.
This is a great suggestion. Any chance we'll see it added soon? Lots of people are interacting and they really need something to direct them.
Godspeed, random person!
NeedGod - User:Crushmaster
Computer_Player
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by Computer_Player »

I think it would also be imperative to have Guides up in the guides section. The current (and only) extant one is usable at the moment, but I know we can do better (especially with how to guide new players). We can also put up some advanced strategies / walkthroughs (or link them the good ones here? be careful though since many are outdated).

Don't have time at the moment, but yeah. I think this is needed.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

It’s worth noting that guides on Steam are usually produced by the community, not by the game publisher/devs. So yeah, you can do pretty much anything you want in that regard.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.