The Reign of the Lords

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lordlewis

Re: The Reign of the Lords

Post by Lordlewis »

Strange, it doesn't happen for me. Or is it only through advancing does this happen? Not sure if it's just your computer or something...
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
DoctorCalm

Post by DoctorCalm »

Nope, I tried advancing because it didn't work out normally, but whatever, made her invulnerable through console and finished game without her :P
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Lordlewis wrote: May 9th, 2018, 10:18 am Anything else planned for reign of the lords? Or is there going to be another break for a future update or something?
Currently I don't have anything planned. I am playing wesnoth more now so not as much time coding but in my free time I have been working on developing more the campaign the Rulers of Irdya. It has currently 1 scenario but it is a pretty long one with lots of dialogue heroes, weapon items and etc. It is available to be downloaded on the 1.14 server but stay tuned for a really great new update soon that changes the first scenario's win objectives and makes it really interesting! :D

Unfortunately due to lack of time I doubt the full campaign will be finished for a long time but I have plans for the next two or three scenarios in the next month or two. :)
ghype wrote: May 8th, 2018, 6:45 pm I am not sure if this is the right place to post it, but there seems to went somewthing wrong with Garak from UtbS.
his original sprite was replaced with the one which was supposed to be lv4. and cannot advance either
Spoiler:

also, can I continue the campaign with this error? or should i wait till it was patched?
also also, he has 1000xp lol:
Well actually after what we discussed I made no actual changes to the UtBS Quenoth Elves because I thought it would be good to wait to see what the dev's do. So the 1000xp is not my fault :P but the image is a small mistake I made leaving the new image with the same name as the old so it overrides accidentally. I will fix that but it has no effect to the actual code of the scenario.

So yes I would say it is fine to continue the campaign but might be worth posting this issue as a bug to the developers because I had nothing to do with it :)
DoctorCalm wrote: May 9th, 2018, 7:46 pm Ok I created this account just for this
1. Awesome mod
2. My Li'sar seems to go full potato after becoming High Princess - 1 HP, 1 MP, 0/500 XP and somehow lvl 0 :D . Tried advancing her through debug but nothing happened (actually I unlocked Arch Princess description but nothing changed to base unit), so I wandered if fix is coming.
Thank you very much it is always good to hear that people like the add-on! :D As for Li'sar I don't know what that issue is caused by and personally I did not encounter that problem. :hmm: :doh:

Hmm... I would love to fix this issue and apologize that the campaign didn't work for you. Do you have any other add-ons installed, perhaps one of them has some interference? Also what version of wesnoth are you using?
ghype

Post by ghype »

The_Gnat wrote: May 12th, 2018, 8:56 am

So yes I would say it is fine to continue the campaign but might be worth posting this issue as a bug to the developers because I had nothing to do with it :)
now that i think of I dont think the 1000xp is an error. i guess it is wanted that he wont lv up but instead make use of his ability "teaching" , which re-distributes his xp to adjacent units. which btw I think is an amazing ability
FelixMage

Post by FelixMage »

Downloaded and took a look at it, so far it does seem like a nice mod right up my alley, I will try it out some more and see how well it really feels gameplay wise.
With that said, some of the unit descriptions do have some pretty obvious mistakes in them.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

FelixMage wrote: May 22nd, 2018, 7:01 pm Downloaded and took a look at it, so far it does seem like a nice mod right up my alley, I will try it out some more and see how well it really feels gameplay wise.
With that said, some of the unit descriptions do have some pretty obvious mistakes in them.
Thank you! :D Yes it is a great mod especially for longer campaigns as it is very fun to play with the high level units.

As for descriptions there are some errors (and some have just not been done yet) because I have unfortunately not had time to go through them all.

If you see any in particular that need improvement you can suggest some changes or replacements! :) I always appreciate help on making the add-on better!
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

I know it's been a while since the last post here and such, but some of the units look like they may need some changes. Such as the Goblin prime being almost as powerful as the Goblin polearm. Wouldn't it be cool if there was a level 5 in the leadership line for wolf heart? Also the oath sworn seems a little over powered with the devoted attack. Why do the wose shamans gain so little health?
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Lordlewis wrote: August 5th, 2018, 2:51 am I know it's been a while since the last post here and such, but some of the units look like they may need some changes. Such as the Goblin prime being almost as powerful as the Goblin polearm. Why do the wose shamans gain so little health? Also the oath sworn seems a little over powered with the devoted attack.
Yes it definitely has been a while so I think it would be great to release another update! I will change those units that you mention. :D
Lordlewis wrote: August 5th, 2018, 2:51 am Wouldn't it be cool if there was a level 5 in the leadership line for wolf heart?
Yeah great idea! 8) Would you like to draw a sprite for it?

I will try to add a few new units as well and hopefully release a new version sometime soon! And if you see any other imbalances or mistakes please let me know!!! :D
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Good to hear! :)
I was wondering if we could use the old level 3 sprite of the oath sworn. Also it shows (for me) that there are two dunefolk races, one for the default and one for the add-on, not sure if it's just me...
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Lordlewis wrote: August 5th, 2018, 7:06 am Good to hear! :)
I was wondering if we could use the old level 3 sprite of the oath sworn.
Good idea, but I think it would probably need to be made slightly larger than before so it looks like a proper advancement.
Also it shows (for me) that there are two dunefolk races, one for the default and one for the add-on, not sure if it's just me...
Yes that was a mistake, it should be pretty easy to fix though.
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Is there going to be a new faction in the next update? Like desert elves or something, and will the desert units get added to the campaign.
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Also, you can't use this era in the legend of Wesmere. Every time a unit advances into a Reign of the Lords unit it will be deleted when the scenario ends. It has something to do with the recruit and recall units for each leader, as the LOW-macros shows what category each elvish unit goes into.
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
donkihote

Post by donkihote »

Hello,
i have an issue with this addon, before i start a campaign first i need enter MP games because, most of the addones arent in the list, but this one nor even appear after that :S. i use the lastes update of wesnoth
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

That means you are not supposed to use it for campaigns. Being able to use it after going to MP is bug.
donkihote

Post by donkihote »

Please read the addon's details....
over that id like to decide how i like play, but thanks for the advice... :)
and as moderator u should help fix the bugs, and arent supposed to know "better" how one should enjoy this game...
specially when some addon what need to be bugged this way are more for SP not for MP, just like this one...
more variety, makes the game more colorful and enjoyable, the creators shouldnt limit this just because some have a faith how others have to play...