The Reign of the Lords

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

The_Gnat

Re: The Reign of the Lords

Post by The_Gnat »

Lordlewis wrote: April 26th, 2018, 7:57 am Nice, but is it out on the 1.13 add-on server yet? It stills says version 9.0.0 on the online version of the add-on server...
No the 1.13 add on server has now been locked I believe. I have uploaded it to the 1.14 server, which is used by 1.14 betas (1.13.12+ ).
ghype wrote: April 26th, 2018, 9:00 am the konrad line turned out very nice
Yes definitely thanks to you and LordLewis! I really appreciate both of your help!
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

The real question is should I wait for 1.14 or get the latest version right now so I can play the new reign of the lords update... :hmm:
But the advancement line for Konrad looks really nice. :D
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
Vulpine

Post by Vulpine »

Awesome! But on the 1.12 server it still says it's on version 9.0.0... I'm downloading it now to see if you just forgot to change the number, and... it doesn't look like it. Currently it appears to be unchanged.
One foot in my mouth, and one in the grave; that's the way I like it, and that's the way it'll stay.
[shameless_advertising]
Also the author of Elvish Incursion, a short little prologue.
[/shameless_advertising]
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Vulpine wrote: April 26th, 2018, 2:43 pm Awesome! But on the 1.12 server it still says it's on version 9.0.0... I'm downloading it now to see if you just forgot to change the number, and... it doesn't look like it. Currently it appears to be unchanged.
No I didn't update 1.12, I probably should because I would have to assume that a lot of people will still be using it.

(expect an update in around an hour)
ghype

Post by ghype »

so i just wanted to try my first campaign using this mod but i wasn not able to select any mods. like none at all.
not sure if its problem with this mod or or my 1.13.14
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

ghype wrote: April 26th, 2018, 8:10 pm so i just wanted to try my first campaign using this mod but i wasn not able to select any mods. like none at all.
not sure if its problem with this mod or or my 1.13.14
Currently the mod is not included as a modification but instead is available as a download. There is nothing in the add-on which would have any effect to any other modifications so I don't know why you would not be able to select any. :hmm:

If you download the Reign of the Lords Default Unit Advancement add-on then the modification will work in all the campaigns you play. (NOTE: do not play Legend of the Invincibles it does not work with this add-on).

The reason it is included as a add-on not a mod is because it changes things quite a bit (every unit's advancements are changed) which can cause problems if it is just turned on and off as a modification would be. If it still doesn't work once you download the add-on send me a screenshot of what it looks like.

Also I have uploaded the add-on to the 1.12 server now!
ghype

Post by ghype »

ah ok i see. thanks for clearing this up. havnt been much on 13.14 yet. mostly on 12.6..
Vulpine

Post by Vulpine »

The_Gnat wrote: April 26th, 2018, 8:26 pm Also I have uploaded the add-on to the 1.12 server now!
:shock: :D :D :D 8)

The forums totally need a celebration smily!
One foot in my mouth, and one in the grave; that's the way I like it, and that's the way it'll stay.
[shameless_advertising]
Also the author of Elvish Incursion, a short little prologue.
[/shameless_advertising]
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Vulpine wrote: April 26th, 2018, 9:25 pm
The_Gnat wrote: April 26th, 2018, 8:26 pm Also I have uploaded the add-on to the 1.12 server now!
:shock: :D :D :D 8)

The forums totally need a celebration smily!
Thanks you i appreciate that! :Awesome:
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Just wondering, is there a way to change how much xp a mainline unit needs to advance? Because the great mage needs less xp to advance than the arch mage needs to advance to the great mage, also if it is possible I think there may have to be a few xp changes to a few level 4 units such as the grand marshal.
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
ghype

Post by ghype »

u could always define new unit.cfg 's which are identical to the default one , just with different xp.

but i am not sure if Gnat already did that and just forgot to adjust the xp
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Yes I have redone the units in campaigns so that they have proper xp (for example see the unit database).

But it is very possible that I missed something. Could you say where exactly the error occurred? (SP or MP, using debug, normal gameplay, etc.)

Thank you!
ghype

Post by ghype »

I am not sure if this is the right place to post it, but there seems to went somewthing wrong with Garak from UtbS.
his original sprite was replaced with the one which was supposed to be lv4. and cannot advance either
Spoiler:

also, can I continue the campaign with this error? or should i wait till it was patched?

also also, he has 1000xp lol:
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Anything else planned for reign of the lords? Or is there going to be another break for a future update or something?
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
DoctorCalm

Post by DoctorCalm »

Ok I created this account just for this
1. Awesome mod
2. My Li'sar seems to go full potato after becoming High Princess - 1 HP, 1 MP, 0/500 XP and somehow lvl 0 :D . Tried advancing her through debug but nothing happened (actually I unlocked Arch Princess description but nothing changed to base unit), so I wandered if fix is coming.