World Conquest II

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tekelili

Re: World Conquest II

Post by tekelili »

@ghype: I have done a quick test with Alien_Era modification and used default era, I did not detect your bug. It would be helpfull if you can test removing all your modifications and add_ons (I mean put them aside in a folder for a moment or so), and then test adding one by one. As bug arises at scenario2, you shoould activate in WC II config DEBUG "yes" to add an option that directly end scenario 1 when is used with rightclick.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

i justz tried this (again) in 1.13 (after locally fixing the issues i meantioned eariler), and noticed that your dialogues break since the default sides color are no longer integer but strings ('red', 'blue' etc.) so the can no longer be used so index that wml array.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
ghype

Post by ghype »

so i took ur advice and deactivated all my current mods for - and as it seems the bug mp bug for the eladers is caused by the ageless era.
i palyed on different eras and there was no such bug.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Ageless in non-rpg configuration adds quick to leaders that have less than 5mp during prestart. I expect you could counter that by using object so that change is applied even after unit is rebuilt.
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

When hosted with Alien Era in WC 2p if the host is not playing he does not become an observer but is assigned a side of the "third" player which does not get a turn and is hidden, also the color of it (seen eg when the host types) seems to be random and different for every player. I am fairly certain it is a bug and is not intended.
ghype

Post by ghype »

ElderofZion wrote:also the color of it (seen eg when the host types) seems to be random and different for every player.
Just do add, the color giving to that host is not random. In the players and observers perspective it is green, as in the 3rd - missing - player side.
But in the hosts perspective, who does not play, it is red as in the color for ai/player 1.
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

hi Tek
please give the calculation for the gold at the end of a map. how much is carry to next map? is the number of turn a parameter in the calculation?
thanks.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Will this be ported to 1.14? I can also do that, but I thought I'd ask here first (in particular whether you have any local changes)
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

ok so it seems like someone else uploaded a compleley broken version of this to the 1.14 addon server, i'm not really motivated to deal with the possible mess that arises from this, so i won't work on this in the near future.
wuxiangjinxing

Post by wuxiangjinxing »

gfgtdf wrote: May 10th, 2018, 1:15 pm ok so it seems like someone else uploaded a compleley broken version of this to the 1.14 addon server, i'm not really motivated to deal with the possible mess that arises from this, so i won't work on this in the near future.
This project provides one of the most challenging but also charming campaign for Wesnoth players. I guess since the original author may not continue working on this project, if you can upload a new version that can work in 1.14 it would be pretty precious.

Also please don't worry about the broken version. We shall be able to report to the server manager or at least we can rename our addon so there shall not be any conflicts.
ghype

Post by ghype »

I agree with wuxiangjinxmig.

WC II was one other big element of 1.12 server. It would be too bad if that would get lost.
There are certain players who only played that campaign and they likely will never migrate to 1.14 if it only works on 1.12

If the current upload is broken, can't it just be taken down?
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

If someone has investigated this and found it against the rules, reporting procedure is described in addon server rules post. Based on what you say, rule 11 might apply for this situation.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

hmm when i port this, i'm considering removing the 'custom terrain' modification and adding it directly into the maps wml code, afaik the main reason for the custom terrain modifications was that that way people don't need to download the addon (if that modifications is not used) but in 1.14 the client will automaticialyl download all needed addons. any opinions?
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

hello,
please port it in 1.14. thanks in advance.
for the custom terrain, i always enable it, like that only people who have downloaded and know the add-on can join. do as you think the easy way.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

ok i aksed the server staff to delete the old addon and uploaded a fixed version (version 0.6.9), pleas let me know if tere are still bugs left, i did not test all the scenarios (each possible scenario used a unique random map generation code, and some of them are not tested yet)

I also set require_scenario=yes even though its is techncialyl not needed to make sure all players update their local version as soon as possible.