[DONE] Request for Trailers (1.13/1.14)

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Re: Request for Trailers (1.13/1.14)

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

My personal opinion, for what it's worth, would be to just leave the dunefolk in the trailer as they currently are (though if a nice extra portrait is found and approved, I would be okay with that too, but I don't really feel qualified to approve any specific portrait).
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

On the one hand I love the roc portrait, on the other I think that if you are selling the game (for the hefty price of USD 0.00, but you're still doing it on Steam, so there are legal terms and conditions) you'd better only use graphics that will actually be available to those who acquire, download and play the game.
Celtic_Minstrel wrote: April 29th, 2018, 10:11 pmThe only thing I don't really like about it is showing a shot of editing WML in a text editor... I don't think that really belongs in a trailer.
Na, man. People should see how the game is customised.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Kasdel,
We won't be able to use a youtube link for Steam trailer, we'll need to be able to upload a 1080p file. Just needed to get that out there so you were aware.

Please, carry on. :)
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

I feel like the text overlays throughout the trailer could use transition effects (if possible) and outlines — the latter would be especially welcome at the end, where some white text shows up on a bright background, thus becoming hard to read. Otherwise it’s pretty cool! (My only other concern was the text editor shot looking completely out of place, which everyone has already pointed out.)

By the way, if you need help converting the unit sprites to use the red team colour instead of the icky raw magenta, you can send whatever files you need recoloured to me and I can take care of the rest.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Kasdel

Post by Kasdel »

Magenta has feelings too... But yeah, beetlenaut took care of that already, thanks for the help though :)

Yeah, I figured a youtube link wouldn't suffice. I'll send the video file separately when its done.

I'll omit the roc portrait, then.
Kasdel

Post by Kasdel »

The trailer is done. Exporting it now. :)
I tried to fix all issues as best as I could.

EDIT: The link for the video: https://ufile.io/7dn6n

Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Kasdel wrote: April 30th, 2018, 10:34 pm The trailer is done. Exporting it now. :)
I tried to fix all issues as best as I could.

EDIT: The link for the video: https://ufile.io/7dn6n

At about 1:14 maybe the text you're quoting from the lore could be in italics, to differentiate it from the subtitles/narration at the bottom. But, yes, I know it's late and that's about it, really… it's gorgeous. Can't wait to start posting the video once it's officially on Steam.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

It’s looking amazing! Great work! :D
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

This looks great! To confirm, do we have your full permission to use this on Steam, our main YouTube channel (it'd be best if we kept all our vids together), and in other areas such as the homepage? And how would you prefer to be credited, both on YouTube and in the credits file?

Oh, and is that ufile link to the final 1080p render?
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
Sudipta

Post by Sudipta »

Wow!! It's perfect. This is truly beautiful. I mean the first version was already superb but this one is way more classy. If that trailer doesn't draw in players, i don't know what will. The new faction showcasing with both sides attacking is great. Including that scene from TLU just makes it even better.

All-Around Amazing
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Playing Wesnoth since 2010, still there is so much left to play
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

There have been several trailers in the past, but this is the best.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
Kasdel

Post by Kasdel »

Wow. :D I'm completely astonished by all the amazing compliments. Thanks so much, everyone! It's an honor to contribute to the epic project that is Wesnoth.

For more than six years I've played this game every so often and accompanied the development. It thaught me a bit of English, programming, pixel art, and was one of the things that helped spark my love for fantasy and video games. Now, it's going to Steam. It's reaching a bigger audience and spreading its wings. Wesnoth has come so far. The community, the team, the dedication of all involved is beautiful. I look forward to the future.

That ufile link is the 1080p render, yes.

I did try to see if I could use italics, but the font doesn't have an italic version, and slightly slanted letters wouldn't be the best fit.

You have my full permission to use this trailer, yes. You can credit me as Pedro Caseiro, which is my real name.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

The trailer is now up on the Steam store page. :)
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I like it.

EDIT: I'm excited for the release, even though I have no idea what kind of changes will be made. xD
skeptical_troll

Post by skeptical_troll »

Kudos from me too, this looks awesome! Hope it attracts hordes of players :)