The Golden Age

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Don_Lazlo

Re: The Golden Age

Post by Don_Lazlo »

Hey ForestDragon!

I really enjoyed playing with TGA, I think it is one of the most exciting MP era. Are still working on it?
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Don_Lazlo wrote: April 20th, 2018, 8:30 am Hey ForestDragon!

I really enjoyed playing with TGA, I think it is one of the most exciting MP era. Are still working on it?
Glad that it's of interest to you! I have abandoned the era for a while, but if you have suggestions, feel free to share them. I can probably implement them in my spare time.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Don_Lazlo

Post by Don_Lazlo »

ForestDragon wrote: April 20th, 2018, 11:45 am Glad that it's of interest to you! I have abandoned the era for a while, but if you have suggestions, feel free to share them. I can probably implement them in my spare time.
I'd be happy to play with it in the new 1.14 version, but at the moment it is not available on the 1.14 add-on server. What should be done to make it available? I would gladly help, if it is something I can manage without prior experience with add-ons.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Don_Lazlo wrote: April 22nd, 2018, 11:26 am I'd be happy to play with it in the new 1.14 version, but at the moment it is not available on the 1.14 add-on server. What should be done to make it available? I would gladly help, if it is something I can manage without prior experience with add-ons.
the issue is that I uploaded the add-on on the old 1.13 add-on server (the one being shut down), and haven't installed the recent versions. I'll probably try to upload it sometime during May.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
ghype

Post by ghype »

last time installed TGA i had issues with some unit since your era used the same unit id as existing ones. since ever then i have TGA outside my add-ons folder. that though was some time ago... is it still the case or fid you fixed the unit ids?

cuz i loved to play TGA sprites in wesnoth and they were a lot of help for my art too. it would be a shame if i could play TGA properly. looking forward for 1.14 to get it again.
Don_Lazlo

Post by Don_Lazlo »

ghype wrote: April 22nd, 2018, 9:44 pm last time installed TGA i had issues with some unit since your era used the same unit id as existing ones. since ever then i have TGA outside my add-ons folder. that though was some time ago... is it still the case or fid you fixed the unit ids?

cuz i loved to play TGA sprites in wesnoth and they were a lot of help for my art too. it would be a shame if i could play TGA properly. looking forward for 1.14 to get it again.
I had some problems too, I think there was a non-existent unit, Drake Alchemist. That can be corrected easily I think, I have tinkered with a few files until it worked :P
But that was an older version indeed.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

ghype wrote: April 22nd, 2018, 9:44 pm last time installed TGA i had issues with some unit since your era used the same unit id as existing ones. since ever then i have TGA outside my add-ons folder. that though was some time ago... is it still the case or fid you fixed the unit ids?
Could you give me a general list of such units? (I honestly forgot a lot about the era after abandoing it for a while)
ghype wrote: April 22nd, 2018, 9:44 pmcuz i loved to play TGA sprites in wesnoth and they were a lot of help for my art too. it would be a shame if i could play TGA properly. looking forward for 1.14 to get it again.
I'll probably upload it somewhere around the 1.14 release
ghype

Post by ghype »

i had an important orocia game when my ancient lich created oos since its id was overwritten. after that i stopped using TGA.
before i have not encountered other bugs.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

ghype wrote: April 23rd, 2018, 3:02 pm i had an important orocia game when my ancient lich created oos since its id was overwritten. after that i stopped using TGA.
before i have not encountered other bugs.
the issue is caused by the fact that TGA adds a TGA-exclusive ancient lich duplicate to add a lich-to-ancient-lich advancement. the oos is caused by the fact that this duplicate is TGA-exclusive.
ghype

Post by ghype »

but why duplicate? wouldn it be safer to create a unique ID for that duplicat?

was it fix / will be fixed tho?
with TGA would mean i could never properly use ancient liches again?
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

ghype wrote: April 23rd, 2018, 4:52 pm but why duplicate? wouldn it be safer to create a unique ID for that duplicat?
it does technically have a unique id. by ""duplicate" I mean it's identical in all ways except the ID. I should've clarified that.
ghype wrote: April 23rd, 2018, 4:52 pmwas it fix / will be fixed tho?
with TGA would mean i could never properly use ancient liches again?
I'll try to fix it, but first, quick question: were the ancient liches in your case leveled from dark adept line units recruited with the TGA era (it's important since those are duplicates too)
ghype

Post by ghype »

no. the oos originated from RE - Undead (Ageless) which came from RE dark adept.
players mentioned it could be from TGA. after deinstalling TGA the error was gone.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

ghype wrote: April 23rd, 2018, 6:30 pm no. the oos originated from RE - Undead (Ageless) which came from RE dark adept.
players mentioned it could be from TGA. after deinstalling TGA the error was gone.
Unfortunately, I have no idea what could've been the exact cause of the issue, and I'm rather lazy, so there's unlikely to be a bugfix in the foreseeable future.
damiak

Post by damiak »

Hey i am sorry is there no chance of TGA ever returning to wesnoth?
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

damiak wrote: May 17th, 2020, 8:18 pm Hey i am sorry is there no chance of TGA ever returning to wesnoth?
Well, I kinda abandoned wesnoth for now, and porting TGA to the current version would require changing a decent amount of code, so having it return is relatively unlikely. If someone else willing to maintain the project, it would be pretty neat, but otherwise it'll probably just stay in 1.12. Still, glad to see people at least still care about the era.