Android 1.12 support thread

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

alep
Android Port Maintainer

Re: Android 1.12 support thread

Post by alep »

doomdan75 wrote:Hi Alep,
I have a Samsung galaxy s6 running Android 7.0 and recently it's developed a problem, now whenever I try to access local play it tells me there's an "unterminated quoted string at <unknown>:5" and goes back to main menu.
I currently have version 1.12.6-45
Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall from scratch? If this does not work, you can try the 1.13.8 release from my previous post.
Trayanee

Post by Trayanee »

Thanks a lot for a new version. 1.13.8 works faster for me and is stable overall.

Minor issue I have is the resolution. On my FullHD phone I am used to setting Wesnoth to 800x450 for better UI visibility in startup options and it works fine. In new version however, such a setting puts black bars on both sides and game remains 4:3 with probably 800x600. Next 16:9 ratio step at 960x540 still has bars but much narrower and its quite ok. Higher resolutions work fine but I cant see much of the UI then.
wingsfalcon

Post by wingsfalcon »

Android 5.0.1 succsesfully installation and play multiplayer game but need to instal new key board to fixerror key board bug
gnomius

Post by gnomius »

Hey, just FYI, BFW appeared on Pocket Tactics:

http://www.pockettactics.com/guides/poc ... n-android/

I just left a comment saying what is the difference between Alep's version and the previous one, as they seemed to be confused.
MeerlyDapper

Post by MeerlyDapper »

Hey, I'd like to ask a quick question. Could you make it so that the in game cursor follows an external mouse without the need to hold down left click? This would make the experience much better and the controls whilst using an external mouse + Keyboard on your device much easier and actually function correctly! Thanks for considering this!
garryjoshi

Battle for Wesnoth Not Working on Android Oreo

Post by garryjoshi »

Hi, I've been playing the WesNorth game on my Note 8 for a while now. It was running just smooth on Android Nougat however today I received the Android Oreo update and now whenever I am trying to open the game it is only displaying a white blank screen at the startup. Please help!!

Update: I have managed to resolve this error. Must be some compatibility issue or similar. What I did was uninstalled the game > restarted my phone > reinstalled it and there you go!!! The game is working just smooth once again <3
Garry Joshi x Tech Enthusiastic & Gaming YouTuber.
Tutuapp ShowBox Tutuapp
Sesto

Post by Sesto »

Hi everyone,

Like i posted on the Ideas section, I made a prototype of a companion app.

The purpose of the app is to load a saved game, to show all the units in the game and the informations about them and to write some notes (general note or directly on the characters) that can be seen as strategic notes (for example, if you’re far from pc and you want to write a reminder for when you’ll use the game)

IT’S A PROTOTYPE AND A CLASS ASSIGNMENT so it can have bugs or be incomplete: the aim of the project is to evaluate the major functionalities and the usability of the app.

In the app there are 2 fixed save games of 2 scenarios of the first campaign, and the map is only a screenshot of the game (again, it’s a prototype). The app doesn’t save the state so when you close the app all the changes willl be deleted.

I would appreciate it very much if you could try the app and answer a few questions, below there is the link where you can download the apk and the link for the questionnaire. Before answering the questions you will be asked to achieve some simple goals.

link apk (only for Android >= 5.0) https://drive.google.com/open?id=1czp4j ... paZr5oDHhZ

link questionnaire: https://goo.gl/forms/45hWJhN4f3ywXUk73

If you want you can make a video of you using the app, and send it to my e-mail: alessandrosestini92@gmail.com

Thanks for the help!
Cziwochel

Post by Cziwochel »

Hi,

I have a problem. When I open the app it starts properly, I can see downloading setting etc. but when I click "start game" it crash. What is intresting game ran well previously, but I thought that always appearing downloading sreen is a bug, so I reinstalled it and then the crush problem has started. I'm using Xiaomi redmi note 4, Android 7.0
Comharder

Post by Comharder »

Hi :)
First of - thanks for porting this to android! That's awesome!

- My device is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 - GT-P3110
- Android-Version is 4.1.2
- I'm using the 1.12.6-45 Version of Wesnoth Android
- When I try to Install any packages (Core package, Music package, etc.) I get the message: "Failed connecting to http://sourcefourge.net/projects/wesnot ... p/download". I have the same problem with the Legacy version. And yes, my internet connection works, else I wouldn't have been able to install the app at all. I've tried to manually download the packages. But that only makes the program clean the folders and afterwards it tells me about the connect failure again.

Edit: It worked after rooting and installing LineageOs. Problem not solved I guess but it works now. Thanks again for the port!
Izero

Post by Izero »

What command line commands are available to use in the android version?

Do any of the debug commands work?

Just curious.
RolfDhew

Post by RolfDhew »

All of them worked exactly like the windows\mac version as far as I can remember.
Izero

Post by Izero »

RolfDhew wrote: April 20th, 2018, 8:53 pm All of them worked exactly like the windows\mac version as far as I can remember.
Really? I couldn't get any of them to work at all. I honestly cant even see the command line when I open the keyboard. Is there a certain way to make them work..?
RolfDhew

Post by RolfDhew »

What resolution are you running your game on? Perhaps it is getting cut of? I am running mine on a tablet though
RolfDhew

Post by RolfDhew »

Did you press the command line hotkey? afterwards one can type debug and use it like normal
RolfDhew

Post by RolfDhew »

Can you see the normal chat bar when you press the chat hotkey?