Merging an ally's recall list into your own

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
MathBrush

Merging an ally's recall list into your own

Post by MathBrush »

In my Dunefolk campaign I'm writing, you fight with an AI ally in Scenario 2. In Scenario 3, at the very beginning, this ally dies. I'd like to merge their recall list from Scenario 2 with the player's own.

How can I do this in WML?
Drake Campaign: A Fiery Birth | Knalgan Alliance Campaign: Drunkards, Dwarves, and Doubloons | Dunefolk Campaign: Asheviere's Shadow | Northeners Campaign: Goblin's Glory | Undead Campaign: Shakespeare's Ghost | Rebels Campaign: Santa Must Die
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Merging an ally's recall list into your own

Post by Ravana »

I expect changing side of those recallable units will do that.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

First a couple of questions:
- What version of Wesnoth are you using?
- Normally an AI side has no recall list. Did you already make the AI side have a recall list by using the MAKE_AI_SIDE_PERSISTENT and RECALL_AI_SIDE macros?
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

you don't need MAKE_AI_SIDE_PERSISTENT or RECALL_AI_SIDE just use persistent=yes in your side definition. In 1.12 this works unless you are writing a multiplayer campaigns where carryover is borken for some if a side is skipped in a certain scenario does not appear in a certain scenario. (have a side with id=Ravana in scenario 1 and 3 but not in scenario 2 will erase the carryover data from that side in scenairo 2 in 1.12 in a multiplayer campaign. the mainline mp campaign LoW also suffers from this bug in 1.12 ). This bug was fixed in 1.13. though where it should also work in multiplayer campaigns.

ftr, RECALL_AI_SIDE was removed in 1.13
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
MathBrush

Post by MathBrush »

Thanks for the help! I’m using 1.13.10. It sounds like hanging their sides right before the scenario is over would do it. How do I do that in wml? I searched but can’t find it.
Drake Campaign: A Fiery Birth | Knalgan Alliance Campaign: Drunkards, Dwarves, and Doubloons | Dunefolk Campaign: Asheviere's Shadow | Northeners Campaign: Goblin's Glory | Undead Campaign: Shakespeare's Ghost | Rebels Campaign: Santa Must Die
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

a lua implementaion woudlo look like this:

Code: Select all

for i,u in ipairs(wesnoth.get_recall_units({ side = old_side})) do
  u:extract()
  u:to_recall(new_side)
end
the u:extract() might not be needed but i would not rely on that.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

I distinctly recall that AI sides having recall lists worked even in 1.10, and if I recall correctly, I didn't even need the macro.

Anyway, in order to do this, I think the following WML should work:

Code: Select all

[modify_unit]
    [filter]
        side=2
    [/filter]
    side=1
[/modify_unit]
That should transfer side 2's recall list over to side 1. (According to StandardUnitFilter, unit filters prefer units on the map but also match them on the recall list.)
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.