2p_-_Howling_Ghost_Badlands-Autospeichern12.gz
(49.65 KiB) Downloaded 669 times
2p_-_Hamlets-Autospeichern14.gz
(31.19 KiB) Downloaded 621 times
Druid

Re: Dragon Tournament – Polish edition 2017

Post by Druid »

---------------------------------------------------------
Games in time limits additional (quarter-finals)

11 February, 2018 - Sunday
9:00 (UTC + 1)
abhijit ( -1 point) vs Weiming_Liu ( -1 point)
Danniel_BR ( -1 point) vs Ammazzalepri ( -1 point)
GROUP E
1. Krogen - points 22 (played games 8 )
2. Oook - points 20 (played games 7 + 1 winning w/o )
3. igorbat99 - points 17 (played games 7 )
4. plk2 - points 16 (played games 8 )

5. Ariu - points 14 (played games 7 + 1 winning w/o )
6. Solymos-HUN - points 13 (played games 6 + 1 winning w/o )
7. pe_em - points 11 (played games 6 + 1 winning w/o )
8. abhijit - points 10 (played games 7 + 1 w/o - he did not appear on the appointed match)
9. Weiming_Liu - points 0 (played games 2 + 5 w/o - he did not appear on the appointed match)

GROUP F
1. Waifu - points 22 (played games 8 )
2. Mint - points 18 (played games 8 )
3. ElderofZion - points 18 (played games 8 )
4. Dauntless - points 17 (played games 7 )

5. Maboul - points 15 (played games 6 + 1 winning w/o )
6. Danniel_BR - points 5 (played games 5 + 2 w/o - he did not appear on the appointed match)
7. shortcat - points 5 (played games 6 + 1 w/o - he did not appear on the appointed match )
8. MasterBao - points 5 (played games 5 + 2 w/o - he did not appear on the appointed match)
9. Ammazzalepri - points 1 (played games 3 + 4 w/o - he did not appear on the appointed match)
Games in time limits additional (quarter-finals)
19:00 (UTC + 1)
igorbat99 ( 3 point) vs Weiming_Liu ( -1 point)
Dauntless ( 3 point) vs Ammazzalepri ( -1 point)
Solymos-HUN ( 3 point) vs pe_em ( -1 point)
MasterBao ( -1 point) vs Maboul ( 3 point)
Danniel_BR ( -1 point) vs shortcat ( -1 point)
------------------------------------------------------
The short explanation
------------------------------------------------------
Game with the name "Dragon Tournament - the list " will be hosted. Password : DT 2017qf . You must appear there on time - referee will be waiting there for you to check your presence.
- if only 1 player will come - they will get 3 points,
- if only 2 player will come - they play the match,
- both absence - they get penaluty -1 point.

Semi-finals - tomorrow everything will be known. ;)
Maboul

Post by Maboul »

Tournament is almost finished for me. Druid, time for me to make a few remarks for the next tournaments you'd organize.

1/ You're a bit too strict with your appointments. You should really ask players who are obviously not playing anymore to check if they're willing to come and play their games. It could avoid unnecessary appointments. But it seems this is not what you want, Weiming_Liu said he resigned but you still asked Solymos to come on friday 9h00, menacing her of -1 point (that's the rule), unnecessary...
As a result, you put the mess in GROUP A, Solymos was supposed to be 2nd and me 3rd, and we (group A) all agreed to keep the result as it was supposed to be. You make an arbitrary decision that swaps Solymos and me. So i've been in group F and Solymos in group E with the result we know now, she's qualified with 16pt while i'm not with 18pts...

2/ There isn't a perfect rule to sort players with equal points. Result of direct match is a way,Sonneborn–Berger score (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonneborn ... rger_score) is another, depending of the rule you choose, result is different. Unfortunatly for me, the rule you chose isn't the one that fits best to me here ;) (being the only one who beats the first of the group doesn't help me much). Though, all these rules have been made because in most tournaments it's not possible to play more games. This is not really the case here, it's still possible to try to sort players with extra games, moreover in a 2nd qualification phase where there are mainly strong players (and we all see group F was particularly full of strong players...)

3/ I'm here to play good games (good maps with good factions), unfortunatly, I played very few good games in this tournament :( . It's always difficult to select maps and avoid bad matchups. This game is well known to be badly balanced and some maps can be really awful. You should really consider the map ranking (viewtopic.php?f=15&t=43622&start=60#p613676) made by the ladder council. BTW tournament proposed a rule of 1 remake ability before turn 4 per round, not the best rule but it raises the chances to avoid an ugly matchup.

No despair, no anger, I'm still thanskful for the time you spent organizing this tournament and hope you'll understand I just want the future tournaments to be better.

As a last word, I will pray the magic Wesnoth and ask for extra games to sort group F. I'm sure Mint and ElderofZion won't be satisfied by this request. I will share this french proverb:
"To vainquish without risk, one triumphs without glory" ;)
But i have not much hope about this request...
abhijit

Post by abhijit »

Thank you for the tournament, Druid.

It was nice to be a part of it, and I will still follow it as an observer.

Maboul has brought forward some good points.

The walkover rule has produced some unfortunate results. Solymos with 2 wins gets through whereas plk2 with 4 is left out. If such a rule must exist, then I request for future tournaments, you + your team(if needed) decide the time and date for all the games in the rounds.

not just in the late stages, where some players who have no hopes to qualify just don't appear on time. This hurts others who could've qualified.

The players who don't appear in 2 consecutive games can be disqualified and their points can be given to the opponents.

As for the matchups, maybe we can all vote before the tournament, as to which matchups will not be allowed.

Again, thank you for the hard work you have done. I enjoyed the experience.
Winner of The Alternate Frontier
plk21

Post by plk21 »

Thx Druid for this amazing tournament and organisers too. The tournaments is something what wesnoth needs and make it more popular! Looking already for next polish tournament. Guess the wildcards are expended^^
Krogen

Post by Krogen »

I agree with Maboul's first point. If a player resigns the remaining matches, it's just a waste of everybody's time if the opponent has to appear anyways. By the way if a player does that, every match he played should be nullified in that round. Look at plk2. He played with Weiming_Liu and lost, while everybody just got a free win against him. If he wouldn't have been so diligent to play, he would've qualified. So basically he is punished for being more active than the others. (It's unfair to me too, since i actually had to beat Weiming_Liu unlike the others, but whatever.)

About equal points, well, im fine with the current solution if it's just two players. I think they should only play extra games if at least three players are involved and direct results can't decide.

Moderate mappack reform would be the best change ever. Don't get me wrong, i don't want to add the extremely new maps, especially not the ones i made. But some of the best maps aren't part of the current pack and been around since RBY.

About the imbalanced matchups: Well, there is no really good solution for that. There is an agreement in some cases, like Loyalists vs Knalgans or Drakes vs Undead. But this is a free game, everybody can have their own opinion. I don't want to force mine on anyone. So we can't vote about this, we can't say that 20 out of 30 players said X matchup is the worst so that should be banned. Because what about the other 10? The BTW, before turn 4 decision is a bit better, but not the best for my taste. A player can just do a saurian rush, and if the opponent is not Loyalist, he can just ask for a remake without risk. I have an idea that might work for future tournaments:
The Veto Rule
This means that when a player applies to the tournament, next to the ladder nick and nationality, tells which matchup he/she uses the veto against, and also which is the preferred side. And if that matchup comes up anytime during the tournament for the said player, it has to be remade, but only if the player who used the veto gets the side he/she thinks has the disadvantage.
Example: X player chooses the Y matchup with A faction and B faction. X player doesn't want to play it with the A faction. So if the matchup comes up, but X player got the B faction, it goes on, no remake.
Of course it should be optional. If someone doesn't like the idea, fine, then they shouldn't live with the opportunity. Wait, i can see the next counter argument:
"I think this whole rule is bs, yet my opponent can just veto a matchup i might like and want to play."
No, because the veto would only work if both players used it. So those who totally refuse the idea will never have to suffer because of it. Overall, it would only work if both players decided at the start of the tournament that they like it and would like to use it.
Of course it's not a perfect proposition, since it only takes care of one imbalanced matchup. But at least that one is selected by the everyone for themselves. And noone's opinion is forced on anyone.
This goes to everyone who wants to organise a 1v1 tournament in the future, i think it's a very player-friendly solution.

And let me say that im grateful too to the organiser. I enjoy this tournament even more than the previous one.
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." - Tywin Lannister
Druid

Post by Druid »

Thank you for all the comments. ;)
@Maboul I am very happy when players such as you are signing up for the tournament. I will miss you in the semi-finals, but You know the rules.
Maboul wrote:...1/ You're a bit too strict with your appointments. ...
It depends on the players. I just like to finish what I start. 8)
@abhijit The game "Battle for Wesnoth" is not perfect, but it allows to release a lot of emotions as I see. Many good players have not made it to the semi-finals, I hope that in the next tournament it will be better. ;)
@plk2 The pleasure is all mine. :)
@Krogen A lot of good ideas, but I do not know if we should write about them in the rules. In my opinion, this should be a gentleman's deal. I will think about it.

No new game records added. It's time for the semifinal. :D

GROUP E
1. Krogen - points 22 (played games 8 )
2. igorbat99 - points 20 (played games 7 + 1 winning w/o )
3. Oook - points 20 (played games 7 + 1 winning w/o )
4. Solymos-HUN - points 16 (played games 6 + 2 winning w/o )

5. plk2 - points 16 (played games 8 )
6. Ariu - points 14 (played games 7 + 1 winning w/o )
7. pe_em - points 10 (played games 6 + 1 winning w/o + 1 w/o - he did not appear on the appointed match)
8. abhijit - points 10 (played games 7 + 1 w/o - he did not appear on the appointed match)
9. Weiming_Liu - points 0 (played games 2 + 6 w/o - he did not appear on the appointed match)

GROUP F
1. Waifu - points 22 (played games 8 )
2. Dauntless - points 20 (played games 7 + 1 winning w/o )
3. Mint - points 18 (played games 8 )
4. ElderofZion - points 18 (played games 8 )

5. Maboul - points 18 (played games 6 + 2 winning w/o )
6. Danniel_BR - points 4 (played games 5 + 3 w/o - he did not appear on the appointed match)
7. shortcat - points 4 (played games 6 + 2 w/o - he did not appear on the appointed match )
8. MasterBao - points 4 (played games 5 + 3 w/o - he did not appear on the appointed match)
9. Ammazzalepri - points 0 (played games 3 + 5 w/o - he did not appear on the appointed match)
EXPLAINS
GROUP E
2. igorbat99 - points 20
3. Oook - points 20
match: igorbat99 vs Oook won igorbat99 - all clear
4. Solymos-HUN - points 16
5. plk2 - points 16
match: Solymos-HUN vs plk2 won Solymos-HUN - all clear

GROUP F
3. Mint - points 18
4. ElderofZion - points 18
5. Maboul - points 18
match: Mint vs ElderofZion won Mint, Mint vs Maboul won Mint, ElderofZion vs Maboul won ElderofZion - all clear

Thank you to all who fights to the end." Show must go on!"

-----------------------------------------------------------
The semi-finals

Krogen (Hungary) vs ElderofZion - (Poland) ( 0 : 0 )
Waifu (Germany) vs Solymos-HUN (Hungary) ( 0 : 0 )
igorbat99 (Russia) vs Mint (Australia) ( 0 :0 )
Dauntless (Czech Republic) vs Oook (United Kingdom) ( 0 : 0 )
The semi-finals:
- will be played in the time interval from the date 12 February 2018 until 28 February 2018. (Basic term to 12-25 February 2018. Additional term: 26-28 February 2018.),
- played on the following maps: Sulla’s Ruins, Howling Ghost Badlands, Silverhead Crossing, Fallenstar Lake, Delta Sablestone – choosen alternatly between players. When the third match has to be played, map must be selected randomly (the addition: International Tournament: Polish Edition),
- played to 2 wins,
- We play with 360 sec timer (360/300/360/0).
Maboul

Post by Maboul »

Druid wrote:@Maboul I am very happy when players such as you are signing up for the tournament. I will miss you in the semi-finals, but You know the rules.
I'm happy to have signed up, I will miss the semi-finals too ;)
Druid wrote:No new game records added. It's time for the semifinal. :D
No magic this time. I had to try :whistle:

Anyway, I'll be glad to watch and comment all the good games that are coming 8)
I wish good luck to the semi-finalists, hope they will play higher games and make a good show for the crowd :)
Druid

Post by Druid »

Maboul wrote:...No magic this time. I had to try :whistle:
If there were groups ... - then who knows. ;)
igorbat99

Post by igorbat99 »

(pick of Mint) igorbat99 won over Mint at sulla's ruins. Classic grunts rush got bogged down in rebels. Insane luck saved them, villae grabbing give a hand, accuracy of grunts won the game. WP, GG.
Attachments
2и_-_Руины_Суллы_Ход_22.gz
(41.65 KiB) Downloaded 581 times
Druid

Post by Druid »

The semi-finals

Waifu (Germany) vs Solymos-HUN (Hungary) ( 0 : 0 )
igorbat99 (Russia) vs Mint (Australia) ( 1 : 0 )
Solymos-HUN

Post by Solymos-HUN »

gg
i luck
Sv the best
Free SV
Attachments
2p_—_Sulla’s_Ruins-Automatikus_mentés14.gz
gg
(42.92 KiB) Downloaded 620 times
Druid

Post by Druid »

The semi-finals

Waifu (Germany) vs Solymos-HUN (Hungary) ( 0 : 1 )
The semi-finals will be played in the time interval from the date 12 February 2018 until 28 February 2018. (Basic term to 12-25 February 2018. Additional term: 26-28 February 2018.)
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Good evening,

I am submitting the replay of game 1 vs Oook.

map: SIlverhead crossing (Oook pick)
matchup: Drakes P1 (me) vs Orc P2 (Oook)
result:
Spoiler:
next game: February 20, around 10/11 pm GMT+1
Attachments
2018_DT_QF_Oook.gz
(24.79 KiB) Downloaded 565 times
Druid

Post by Druid »

The semi-finals

Waifu (Germany) vs Solymos-HUN (Hungary) ( 0 : 1 )
Dauntless (Czech Republic) vs Oook (United Kingdom) ( 1 : 0 )
The semi-finals will be played in the time interval from the date 12 February 2018 until 28 February 2018. (Basic term to 12-25 February 2018. Additional term: 26-28 February 2018.)
It's time to draw the final pairs. Each participant of the tournament can have his share in it. I invite to the server on February 22 at 19:00 . Game with the name "Dragon Tournament - final " will be hosted. Password : DT 2017 . There we will get to know the magic number. What did I come up with? We will count. ;)
Order of couples to draw:
1 winning - Krogen (Hungary) vs ElderofZion - (Poland)
2 winning - Waifu (Germany) vs Solymos-HUN (Hungary)
3 winning - igorbat99 (Russia) vs Mint (Australia)
4 winning - Dauntless (Czech Republic) vs Oook (United Kingdom)