Tell me a good youtube channel for Wesnoth

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

yozeye

Tell me a good youtube channel for Wesnoth

Post by yozeye »

I like to watch gameplays on youtube, but all I found of this game are awful.

Gamers recruit all units instead of recalling experienced ones, send kamikaze units to attack random enemies unprotected, do not take any advantage of terrain, recruit mermaids to fight in forests, let damaged units to die...

I cannot find a good player. Can you please, me tell me any good gamer with campaigns in youtube?
Bitron
Developer

Re: Tell me a good youtube channel for Wesnoth

Post by Bitron »

Well, it's not on youtube and not in video-format either, but Inky has a few great and detailed LPs here in the forums, from the campaign Dead Water as an example.
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

Mine XD
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Post by max_torch »

in the mainline campaigns gameplay feedback section of this forum, there are players who post a replay in each of the scenarios. you can try watching those.
yozeye

Post by yozeye »

Bitron wrote:Well, it's not on youtube and not in video-format either, but Inky has a few great and detailed LPs here in the forums, from the campaign Dead Water as an example.
It is interesting. I'm reading it.
ElderofZion wrote:Mine XD
I'm no mague. How can I find your campaigns?

There is no ElderofZion user in youtube. Searching your name I found SkyVioletShadow's channel, but it doesn't have campaigns.
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

Look for NekisBrutalWesnoth on youtube. He did over 100 videos with commentary about the strategy. He only used matches between good players, and if they made a mistake, he pointed it out. A lot of the games were his too, so he could tell you exactly what he was thinking at each point. They are from an older version of BfW, but the strategy is still just as valid.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

You should have looked at my profile.

Though I only uploaded replays, playing through campaigns is not nearly as popular as replays and even if sb uploaded it then there is absolutely no guarantee anybody will be interested in it.

Also, even playing through the shortest campaigns would take like... 1-2 hours? That is a lot of time, for a video at least.
adramolokh

Post by adramolokh »

While I agree with the above recommendations of NekisBrutalWesnoth and ElderofZion's channels (linking for ease of access), I've also found numbertwelve's playthrough of The Amaranthine Stone to be rather interesting. NT's by no means perfect, so it might drag, and it's a livestream with ten parts, so the entire thing is about twenty hours. Watch it if you have a lot of time, I suppose.
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

I think if there was a lot of interest I could probably do a simple run through the shortest campaign I know - Story of the Wose. Also the fact that nobody has suggested doing any run through a campaign on my channel means that it probably wouldn't be very popular, by not popular I mean like 5 views.

Actually it doesn't need to be a lot, just some, does anyone here want it? It would probably be like a hour or 2, I don't know really, with playing very fast you could easily get under 1h but not if you want to play on hard...
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

@ElderofZion: If you want to do videos of campaigns, I would propose to do one video per scenario (for really long ones maybe even cutting it in two), not one per campaign. This is easier to watch in several pieces.

(I might watch it, and even comment on some of the strategy.)
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

On the server also I got support from some, I think I will do it hopefuly in the near future.
Fafnir

Post by Fafnir »

Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

Ok, I did record it. So, any thoughts? Is this of good enough quality to be uploaded as a campaign gameplay video? Also, watching without music at your own risk, I recorded no sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg10FmqyuDg
Shiki
Developer

Post by Shiki »

Hard to say, the video is unavailable.
Try out the dark board theme.
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

I sent the link, it should be available.