Creep War

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elder2

Re: Creep War

Post by Elder2 »

Vasya, remove that auto select leader feature, it doesn't just autoselect my leaders but also enemy ones. And even if it did only select mine it still would be annoying. Its an annoying and redundant feature.
vasya
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by vasya »

ElderofZion, you're right, that feature was rather annoying. I removed it altogether, nothing is selected anymore, not even your own leader.
Currently I work on configuration options for Creep Wars. A lot has been done already, but it'll mostly get visible only in the next wesnoth version when it'll be released..
My add-ons: CreepWars, berserk_limiter, Afterlife.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Consider changing poison value in creep war - early turns it could be less than 8, and later could be higher.
vasya
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by vasya »

The problem with "poison" ability is that it's global to all units. Which would make attacks of any ghouls/wolfs/assasins stronger: https://wiki.wesnoth.org/AbilitiesWML#T ... als.5D_tag
Regeneration, by contrast, can be made per-unit. IDK what to do best about it, it seems a bit strange to alter poison globally. What do you think?
vasya
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by vasya »

I think it's time to stop hijacking this post and move to a separate thread instead.
After all, Creep Wars [Dev] has diverged significantly already.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=47655
WurmD

Post by WurmD »

How cool that this is still going strong years from its creation :D

Trivial bug report: The starting intro mentions a FAQ in the "Help", but no FAQ is visible
EDIT: Found it! Right click on hero XD
Trihook

Post by Trihook »

I've been playing creep wars for years, here are some of my thought on it:
Some maps let you block the guard with positioning, some others do not. This is cool, tho it would be nice if one could buy something that affects this.
Would be cool to buy 1 turn immunity for the guard also.
Would be nice to be able to upgrade the guard defences from 50% to 60% as well as to buy some resistances for it.
In very long games, it's possible to get so many movement points to be able to reach the guard from spawn (rarely but it happens), might be a good thing to cap it at 12 maybe.
Some sort of restart vote, as a lot of times we will restart because someoen got a trash unit, which takes time.
More maps, we played them all a million times.
Some way to upgrade/choose creeps.
Not sure if this was fixed, but there is some dwarf from ageless era that drops runes on the ground, this can destroy the shop.
Also berserk is op and we usually restart if someone gets it.
Some units can fly out of the map, this is usually op.
Maybe add some sort of semi guard, that is similar to the normal ones, but when you kill it you get 50 gold or something. Basically a one off gold boost if you manage it, prolly somewhere in the mid close to the base.
vasya
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by vasya »

@Trihook, just in case, if you're referring to the latest version of Creep Wars (for wesnoth 1.16+), this would be the better forum page for that: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=47655 (you can just copy there, no problems as far as I'm concerned)
Trihook

Post by Trihook »

thanks, didn't know there was another thread, this was the first hit on google.