Wesnoth 1.13.10 (1.14 beta 2)

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ancestral
Inactive Developer

Re: Wesnoth 1.13.10 (1.14 beta 2)

Post by ancestral »

mattsc wrote:I guess that last line was aimed at me, ;) so I've done some more digging and found that the crash originates in file_dialog.cpp#L96 when called from file_dialog.cpp#L493.

I have no idea what to do about this, but the comments in the lines above that saying that "No, we don't really need to worry about it." are maybe not correct? It also might confirm that this is some sort of a problem with the locale, as was previously mentioned by somebody (maybe Celtic_Minstrel?).

I hope that somebody who actually knows C++ can take it from here.
IIRC it may have been the locale library? My attempts to build it and make it compatible have failed, but it seemed like either you Matt or maybe CelticMinstrel had working lib that didn’t cause the crash.

If someone can build a good replacement lib I’d be grateful since I have not had luck myself.
Wesnoth BestiaryPREVIEW IT HERE )
Unit tree and stat browser
CanvasPREVIEW IT HERE )
Exp. map viewer
mattsc
Inactive Developer

Post by mattsc »

ancestral wrote:IIRC it may have been the locale library? My attempts to build it and make it compatible have failed, but it seemed like either you Matt or maybe CelticMinstrel had working lib that didn’t cause the crash.
Yeah, I did think that I had it working when compiling myself, but the crash now happens with my own build (of current master) too and I have not changed anything about the libraries. So at least for me that does not seem to be have been the reason.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Im just wondering is game still updating? Much time passed since 1.12.6
World's best Ale!
Tad_Carlucci
Inactive Developer

Post by Tad_Carlucci »

1.13.11 which was supposed to be 1.14 RC1 was due out last week.

It has been postponed indefinitely due to a major bug in the add-ons client-server operation. This bug is being actively worked on and, once squished, I'd expect 1.13.11 to come out shortly afterwards. There is no estimate on completion, but the bug as been isolated and work is progressing, so I doubt it will be months, but it might be a couple more weeks to complete the code and do some alpha testing.
I forked real life and now I'm getting merge conflicts.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Cool, thanks for explaining :)
World's best Ale!
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

I'm still of the opinion that the problem lies not in the code but in the libraries. If my theory is right, then someone who custom-built all of Wesnoth's dependencies would most likely not have the problem. I don't have the time to test this theory though, and even if I did my Mac is too old for it to mean much.

That said, if I recall correctly, the iOS build does use entirely custom-built dependencies, so it's also possible the problem lies elsewhere. Even so, I can't see anything in the Wesnoth source code that would cause the crash.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hello all. I talked with Pentarctagon and after consideration came up with some price changes for somemany level 2 units. The reason i did this is because while creating a new era Reign of Heroes (with level 2 recruits) i encountered significant pricing imbalances (for example the extreme price of the elvish ranger). I found the prices of level 2's to be considerably different between factions and so many units required changing. Since 2nd level units are rarely recruited it is understandable that little testing was originally put into balancing their prices. I believe these new prices will help balance the AoH, but the main reason i worked on this is to balance my own era in which I have already made these price adjustments.

The only thing that needs further consideration is the outlaws, as they were quite under priced but often deserving of their cheap prices. I slightly increased the price of a few outlaws, where it was statistically legitimate to do so.

Thank you for taking the time to look at these changes. :D I know all you developers already have plenty to do so if you do not have time to make these changes now that is understandably.
Changes
MISC
Drake Flare -> decreased by 1 to 34 - (compared to Elvish Captain, Drake Warrior, Orcish Ruler)
Fire Drake -> decreased by 1 to 34 - (compared to Red Mage, Elvish Ranger, Longbowman, Orcish Crossbowman
Gryphon Master -> decreased by 2 to 35 - (compared to Dragoon, Elvish Scout, Goblin Knight)
Saurian Soothsayer -> increased by 2 to 29 - (compared to Elvish Druid, White Mage)
Ogre -> decreased by 2 to 31 - (compared to Pikeman, Orcish Warrior, Swordsman, Drake Arbiter, Dwarvish Steelclad)
ELVES
(the previous high price of the elven units marksman,ranger and hero,captain proved in many matches a clear unbalance when fighting the northerners, loyalists and other underpriced factions)
Elvish Hero -> decreased by 2 to 30 - (compared to Swordsman, Javelineer, Orcish Warrior, Drake Warrior, Pikeman, Revenant, Drake Thrasher)
Elvish Marksman -> decreased by 7 to 34 - (its previous price was obscene for a level 2 unit 15gold higher then its rivals) (compared to Longbowman, Orcish Crossbowman, Boneshooter, Thunderguard, Fire Drake, Qatif-al-nar)
Elvish Ranger -> decreased by 8 to 33 - (compared to the Shadow, Elvish Marksman, Longbowman, Trapper, Boneshooter, Orcish Crossbowman, Dwarvish Pathfinder, Outlaw)
Elvish Sorceress -> increased by 1 to 35 - (compared to Red Mage, White Mage, Fire Drake)
Elvish Druid -> decereased by 2 to 32 - (compared to Saurian Soothsayer, White Mage, Elvish Sorceress)
HUMANS
Red Mage -> decreased by 4 to 36 - (compared to Elvish Sorceress, Fire Drake, Drake Flare, Qatif-al-nar)
White Mage -> decreased by 4 to 36 - (compared to Elvish Druid, Tabib, Saurian Oracle)
Dragoon -> decreased by 2 to 32 - (compared to Elvish Rider, Goblin Knight, Goblin Pillager, Sky Drake)
Knight -> decreased by 4 to 36 (the knight and lancer are still more expensive than all other scouts)
Lancer -> decreased by 5 to 35
Lieutenant -> decreased by 4 to 31 - (compared to Elvish Captain, Drake Flare, Drake Warrior, Orcish Ruler, Javelineer)
Heavy Infantryman -> decreased by 3 to 32 - (compared to Troll, Elder Wose, Drake Arbiter, Drake Thrasher, Dwarvish Runesmith, Faris) (taking into acount slow movement)
Swordsman -> increased by 2 to 27 - (compared to Elvish Hero, Elvish Captain, Dwarvish Steelclad, Drake Warrior, Revenant, Drake Thraser)
Pikeman -> increased by 2 to 27 - (compared to Elvish Hero, Drake Arbiter, Orcish Warrior, Dwarvlsih Steelclad, Revanant, Drake Thraser)
Javelineer -> increased by 3 to 28 - (compared to Elvish Hero, Drake Arbiter, Swordsman, Pikeman, Dwarvish Pathfinder)
Bandit -> increased by 3 to 26 - (compared to Swordsman, Elvish Hero, Drake Thrasher, Revenant, Orcish Warrior)
Rogue -> increased by 4 to 28 - (compared to Shadow, Orcish Slayer, Monawish, Duelist, Saurian Skirmisher, Dwarvish Pathfinder)
KHALIFATE
Saree -> decreased by 2 to 35 - (compared to Dragoon, Elvish Rider, Sky Drake)
Ghazi -> decreased by 7 to 31 - (he has both marksman and slows which are considerable skills but his attacks are weak enough to not merit him a 12 gold higher price then the Orcish Warrior and Pikeman) (also considering Dwarvish Steelclad, Swordsman, Dwarvish Stalwart, Drake Arbiter)
Mudafi -> decreased by 9 to 29 - (he has neither marksman, nor slows, nor good defenses, nor considerable resistances, and his high price is entirely un-justified, that is why he has the largest price decrease of any unit) (compared to Pikeman (who also has firststrike and similar stats), Troll (who has the significant regenerates ability), Dwarvish Steelclad, Orcish Warrior, Javelineer, Drake Arbiter, Heavy Infantryman)
Monawish -> decreased by 2 to 33 - (his weak attack is justified because he is a skirmisher just like the Rogue, Duelist, Saurian Skirmisher, but he is also slower than normal skirmishers and so is comparable to the Elvish Ranger and Drake Warrior - all of which have lower prices)
Qatif-al-nar -> decreased by 5 to 30 - (compared to Orcish Crossbowman, Fire Drake, Longbowman, Red Mage, Dwarvish Thunderguard, Drake Flare, Trapper, Drake Warrior)
Muharib -> decreased by 2 to 33 - (compared to Dwarvish Pathfinder, Javelineer)
zaimoni

Post by zaimoni »

Looks like Multiplayer "Local Game" is down for campaigns: cannot start Legend of Wesmere. "Error: The selected game has no sides!"

1.13.8 could do this fine, so this is a regression.
Tad_Carlucci
Inactive Developer

Post by Tad_Carlucci »

zaimoni wrote:Looks like Multiplayer "Local Game" is down for campaigns: cannot start Legend of Wesmere. "Error: The selected game has no sides!"

Works fine for me using 1.13.10+dev current master. I seem to recall something about this being fixed a while ago.
I forked real life and now I'm getting merge conflicts.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Tad_Carlucci wrote:
zaimoni wrote:Looks like Multiplayer "Local Game" is down for campaigns: cannot start Legend of Wesmere. "Error: The selected game has no sides!"

Works fine for me using 1.13.10+dev current master. I seem to recall something about this being fixed a while ago.
This, perhaps?
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
revolting_peasant

Post by revolting_peasant »

Can someone link to the new terrain graphics in this version (and possibly also to what they were replacing)? I'm particularly interested in the "directionalized gate".
Shiki
Developer

Post by Shiki »

I think there is no link, but you can have a look at them in the map editor.
The old gates aren't listed in the map editor anymore, but the old gate codes are still valid for backwards compatibility (at least for the time being)
They was previously one code for them, and it was determined automatically in which direction the gate showed.
It seems that there are issues with the automatic direction determination not being the desired one.
Now are there three codes, one for each direction, like it's the case with bridges.

Besides the rusty and wooden gates, there are many new castles and encampments for elves, undead, merfolk, trolls and maybe more, I also recall an new embellishment being added.
Try out the dark board theme.
revolting_peasant

Post by revolting_peasant »

Can someone make sure this version is pushed to the Wesnoth Devel Releases PPA?
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

I don't believe anyone on the Wesnoth project is responsible for how any distro packages the game, but it doesn't look that that PPA has been updated in a fair while either.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

The last version there is 1.13.8 which was released moths ago (more precisely in May). 1.13.9 was not announced so it is practically just 1 release behind. Though, I would also like to have the latest version available on Ubuntu.