[Complete] Dragon Tournament – Polish edition 2017

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Druid

Re: Dragon Tournament – Polish edition 2017

Post by Druid »

Hello
clmates wrote:Hi Set me in the reserve list also clmates from Spain Thanks
@clmates - 26 games on LADDER - that's enough for the main list. You definitely want a reserve list ?
@Semler Position number 31. ;)

Change of rules.

Old:
7. Players who would like to participate:
- will be divided into two groups – A and B
- will play on random maps (the addition: International Tournament: Polish Edition).
In groups we play with everybody one on one (every player should play one duel with each other). From both groups 8 players with the highest amount of points advance to the play-off phase (16 players in total). If in the end of the group phase players have equal numer of points, result of a direct match between them decides about their standings. When this solution does not settle who is supposed to advance ( example: three players have equal number of points and direct matches do not allow to decide who is supposed to get higher rank) decides the amount of points in the Polish Ladder. Link: http://www.rankinggraczybfw.republika.pl/ranking.html
After changes:
- will be divided into four groups – A, B, C and D
- will play on random maps (the addition: International Tournament: Polish Edition).
In groups we play with everybody one on one (every player should play one duel with each other). From each groups 4 players with the highest amount of points advance to the play-off phase (16 players in total). If in the end of the group phase players have equal numer of points, result of a direct match between them decides about their standings. When this solution does not settle who is supposed to advance ( example: three players have equal number of points and direct matches do not allow to decide who is supposed to get higher rank) decides the amount of points in the Polish Ladder. Link: http://www.rankinggraczybfw.republika.pl/ranking.html

Old:
9. There will be two groups in the quarter-finals – C and D.
GROUP C: A1, B2, A3, B4, A5, B6, A7, B8,
GROUP D: B1, A2, B3, A4, B5, A6, B7, A8.
Where letter describe the player's group from elimination phase and number stands for position, on which player has ended in their group
After changes:
9. There will be two groups in the quarter-finals – E and F.
GROUP E: A1, C1, B2, D2, A3, C3, B4, D4,
GROUP F: B1, D1, A2, C2, B3, D3, A4, C4.
Where letter describe the player's group from elimination phase and number stands for position, on which player has ended in their group

Old:
11.1 Semi-finals pairs are created in the following way: C1-D4, D1-C4, C2-D3, D2-C3.
After changes:
11.1 Semi-finals pairs are created in the following way: E1-F4, F1-E4, E2-F3, F2-E3.
Does anyone have anything against it ?
Last edited by Druid on November 27th, 2017, 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NanRage

Post by NanRage »

Good morning,

And you will not play Mr. Druid?
NanRage

Post by NanRage »

I told clmates players list was closed, my error, he definitly wanted to play, I whatsapp him to answer you.

Salut.
Druid

Post by Druid »

NanRage wrote:Good morning,And you will not play Mr. Druid?
You tempt fate. :doh: I'll be the judge. ;)
Only for new closed (players without a history of multiplayer).
clmates

Post by clmates »

Hi

Yes, please, if there is still option to be in the main list, I want to.

Thanks
Best regards

clmates
Druid

Post by Druid »

clmates wrote:Hi Yes, please, if there is still option to be in the main list, I want to. Thanks
Position number 32. ;)

Change of rules.

Old:
- will be divided into two groups – A and B
In groups we play with everybody one on one (every player should play one duel with each other). From both groups 8 players with the highest amount of points advance to the play-off phase (16 players in total). If in the end of the group phase players have equal numer of points, result of a direct match between them decides about their standings. When this solution does not settle who is supposed to advance ( example: three players have equal number of points and direct matches do not allow to decide who is supposed to get higher rank) decides the amount of points in the Polish Ladder. Link: http://www.rankinggraczybfw.republika.pl/ranking.html
After changes:
- will be divided into four groups – A, B, C and D
In groups we play with everybody one on one (every player should play one duel with each other). From each groups 4 players with the highest amount of points advance to the play-off phase (16 players in total). If in the end of the group phase players have equal numer of points, result of a direct match between them decides about their standings. When this solution does not settle who is supposed to advance ( example: three players have equal number of points and direct matches do not allow to decide who is supposed to get higher rank) decides the amount of points in the Polish Ladder. Link: http://www.rankinggraczybfw.republika.pl/ranking.html

Old:
9. There will be two groups in the quarter-finals – C and D.
GROUP C: A1, B2, A3, B4, A5, B6, A7, B8,
GROUP D: B1, A2, B3, A4, B5, A6, B7, A8.
After changes:
9. There will be two groups in the quarter-finals – E and F.
GROUP E: A1, C1, B2, D2, A3, C3, B4, D4,
GROUP F: B1, D1, A2, C2, B3, D3, A4, C4.

Old:
11.1 Semi-finals pairs are created in the following way: C1-D4, D1-C4, C2-D3, D2-C3.
After changes:
11.1 Semi-finals pairs are created in the following way: E1-F4, F1-E4, E2-F3, F2-E3.
Does anyone have anything against it ?
NanRage

Post by NanRage »

Hi,

Nothing against those rules because you cooking the omelette you decide how many eggs u will use, but using Polski Ranking to decide who goes on if draw when few of us not even ranked there doesnt make much sense.

We could use ladder ranking were we all are, BUT I really liked the 25gold survival play off only one can survive. I would vote for that to decide who goes on.

And as said dont get me wrong I apreciate time you wasting organizing, presents to winner and all the [censored] you'll get ;)) and I thank you for that Sr. Druid!
Druid

Post by Druid »

NanRage wrote:, but using Polski Ranking to decide who goes on if draw when few of us not even ranked there doesnt make much sense. ...
Thank you for opinion. Win and Polish Ladder will not be needed. ;)
Danniel_BR
2019 Fast Tournament Champion

Post by Danniel_BR »

Druid wrote:
NanRage wrote:, but using Polski Ranking to decide who goes on if draw when few of us not even ranked there doesnt make much sense. ...
Thank you for opinion. Win and Polish Ladder will not be needed. ;)

In the face of the facts that Nan exposed, I suggest that a fairer way to do it, without privileges, is to use not the points on any of the 2 ladders, but compare the percentage of win in both. (players with accounts in the 2 could use the higher). So, in a case that 2 players have the same points, victories and etc, if any of them has 66% of win (in any of the ladders) and the other has 65%, pass the 1st one
potyi-HUN

Post by potyi-HUN »

I want to play if it's not too late.

Laddernick: potyi-HUN
Druid

Post by Druid »

potyi-HUN wrote:I want to play if it's not too late. Laddernick: potyi-HUN Country: Hungary
In the last moment. :D Position number 36. ;)
End of entries to the tournament.

Tomorrow you will know the composition of the tournament groups.
Krogen

Post by Krogen »

Wow, 36 participants, this is gonna be a big event.
By the way i support the proposition of Danniel about the Ladder-Polish Ladder thing.
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." - Tywin Lannister
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

Danniel_BR's proposal doesn't solve anything, in case of different percentages how exactly would you compare them? And which one is more important? It doesn't make any sense. I see we are getting a lot of contradictory ideas. Using Polski Ranking in such extremely rare cases (I am not aware of any such case) has been a tradition in the polish tournaments and I support Druid's original decision to use Polski Ranking as a final deciding factor.
thefish

Post by thefish »

Buenas todos los presentes, metanme al torneo si pueden.
Hi everyone, set me in if you can,

Regards
Krogen

Post by Krogen »

But a lot of participants with high ladder points doesn't even know about the Polish Ladder. When we registered for this tournament, we had to give our ladder account, so everyone has one. It's better in EVERY way to use that, or that too in some way. Also Danniel said that the one with higher winrate would be used for the player, so there would be no 'more important one'.
I'm saying this as someone who has no real benefit from it, since i have a very good spot in the Polish Ladder after the previous tournament and a better winrate than on Ladder. Really, i would have better chances with the Polish Ladder, there are 3 participants with better points than me if im correct...? Still, i support the proposal, because thats the fair one i think.
Ofc its rare and all, so i dont mind either way, its just my opinion.
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." - Tywin Lannister