The Golden Age

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Coolamigming

Re: The Golden Age

Post by Coolamigming »

Hey man really enjoyed playing your era in multiplayer but... I downloaded your add on to allow me to use tga units in mainline and it worked. I played legend of wesmere with your tga and levelled up a fighter to a pikeman but in the next scenario he had disappeared from my recall. I kept playing but every tga unit disappeared from my recall. Any ideas y?
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Coolamigming wrote:Hey man really enjoyed playing your era in multiplayer
Thanks! :)
Coolamigming wrote:but... I downloaded your add on to allow me to use tga units in mainline and it worked. I played legend of wesmere with your tga and levelled up a fighter to a pikeman but in the next scenario he had disappeared from my recall. I kept playing but every tga unit disappeared from my recall. Any ideas y?
after looking legend of wesmere's code, I noticed that it only recalls specific mainline units, meaning tga's units aren't recalled. basically, it's campaign-specific.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Coolamigming

Post by Coolamigming »

OK that's cool I will try some other campaigns :D
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

big news: ported TGA to 1.13. I haven't thoroughly tested the era though, so please report any bugs you encounter on the 1.13 version of TGA/TGA SP. I'll upload TGA Singleplayer and XP Bank later

EDIT: done. now all my add-ons (besides Tale of Alan) are now on the 1.13 add-on server. btw, keep in mind that XP Bank SP doesn't appear in the singleplayer modifications menu, and still can only be toggled by installing/uninstalling, since I don't yet know how to make sp mods.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
Samonella

Post by Samonella »

ForestDragon wrote:btw, keep in mind that XP Bank SP doesn't appear in the singleplayer modifications menu, and still can only be toggled by installing/uninstalling, since I don't yet know how to make sp mods.
They made it really easy in 1.13, all you have to do is put type=hybrid in the [modification] and it should work for both mp and campaigns. :)
The last few months have been nothing but one big, painful reminder that TIMTLTW.

Creator of Armory Mod, The Rising Underworld, and Voyage of a Drake: an RPG
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Samonella wrote:
ForestDragon wrote:btw, keep in mind that XP Bank SP doesn't appear in the singleplayer modifications menu, and still can only be toggled by installing/uninstalling, since I don't yet know how to make sp mods.
They made it really easy in 1.13, all you have to do is put type=hybrid in the [modification] and it should work for both mp and campaigns. :)
Thanks! :D
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Just to know man your add on is AWESOME. I really enjoy playing it :) If you need any help with images ask me ;)
World's best Ale!
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

LordOfAles wrote:Just to know man your add on is AWESOME. I really enjoy playing it :) If you need any help with images ask me ;)
Thanks! :D (comments like these are the very thing that inspired me to return to working on the era ^_^ ). about the "If you need any help with images ask me" part, do you mean you'll help me find images in add-ons?
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

I meant i can make brand new images for your era, but i can do this too! :D
World's best Ale!
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

LordOfAles wrote:I meant i can make brand new images for your era, but i can do this too! :D
great! :D btw, could you show me some of the wesnoth images you've already drawn? (to see how good you are at drawing sprites)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

the 1.4.8 update is out on 1.12/1.13 addon servers! (btw, I've made it all in a single day). changelog:
fixed a few typos in Dwarvish Hammerdin's AMLA, added Falah (lvl0 Khalifate peasant with a knife), removed Destroyer, and made Titanium Decimator fill Destroyer's role on the 1.13 version, added Khalifate to TGA Minimalist, updated Archwitch/Armored Highwayman sprites, gave Mauler a 17-2 knockback attack, but nerfed his hp to 78, added Luminary of Fire (lvl5 Great Mage), removed unused Vilkai files, added Ancient Wose Shaman (lvl3 Wose Shaman), removed Dwarvish Master Dragonguard and Dwarvish Technocrat, and replaced them with Dwarvish Royal Dragonier, updated Flesh Golem's sprite, added Drake Kensai (lvl4 Blademaster), added new portraits for Arch Necromancer,Bone Pirate,Barrow rider line, Death Marshal, Orcish Pikeman, Orcish Vanguard, and Orcish Warmonger, buffed Heroic Carapace's hp to 62, and gave him a 8-3 ranged javelin attack, nerfed carapace protector line, slightly nerfed the Drake Apprentice line's damage, nerfed Drake Adventurer/Drake Ranger's hp/melee damage, nerfed the salamander line a bit, added Fallen Dryad (new advancement for Fallen Faerie)

btw, I also uploaded Speak Mod plus to the 1.13 add-on server. as for TGA, I guess i'll split the addon into TGA and TGA Portraits in the next update, to make people need to wait less when downloading updates to TGA.
Lumen

Post by Lumen »

Really glad yo see you update this : )
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Lumen wrote:Really glad yo see you update this : )
You're welcome! :) btw, if you have any feedback, don't forget to post it here. (also, nice to know that you haven't abandoned Battle for Wesnoth)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

1.14.9 update is out on 1.12/1.13! changelog:
added Sama (flying alt. advancement for Jundi), changed Orcish Nightblade's id to TGA Orcish Nightblade on the 1.13 version, added race icons for all TGA race on 1.13 (most of them are not exactly perfect, but at least they're better than the "image not found" image), added new sprite for Marauder/changed his attack stats (including a new 40-1 stun melee attack)/renamed him to Ringleader, renamed Ringleader/Mauler's mace attacks to morning star, slightly tweaked Radiant Wisp's image, fixed Dune Worm's recruit animation not working, added Mystical Archer (alt. advancement for Elvish Sharpshooter), changed Elvish Assassin's damage from 11-6 to 13-5, added a portrait for Elvish Bowrider/Elvish Cavalry Marksman, added portraits for Elvish Gryphon Lancer/Elvish Gryphon Knight, added Juggernaut (lvl4 Draug), added Champion (lvl4 Master at Arms), added new teleport anims for the fallen faerie line, added Champion Bowman (lvl4 Master Bowman)

about my idea of making a TGA Portraits add-on, I didn't implement it in this version, maybe next time.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

uploaded TGA on Github. keep in mind, I am using my real name there, so don't be surprised. this will allow you guys to get some of the new things before the next update (like lvl4 Dryad/Halberdier, for example, which are the few things I implemented during the past few days), or even contribute to the project :)