The Gnats Franken Dungeon

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Lordlewis

Re: The Gnats Franken Dungeon

Post by Lordlewis »

The sprites look better with that modification. Also I made and edited a few portraits as well.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Also I've redone the altawir archer unit. Also you can give it inspire or leadership since there aren't any Khalifate units with that ability, I'm also going to make an advancement of it as well. Another idea would be that it's a chaotic unit.
Re did the altawir unit
Re did the altawir unit
altawir-new.png (36.98 KiB) Viewed 3699 times
Also has anyone realized that the portraits download is bigger than the main downloads. :|
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Well portraits are portraits after all, dat detail
World's best Ale!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

LordOfAles wrote:Well portraits are portraits after all, dat detail
LordLewis wrote:Also has anyone realized that the portraits download is bigger than the main downloads. :|
Yes that is very true. But the advantage, and reason i created two separate add-ons, is that it can be larger and people do not have to re-download it each time i make a change in the main add-on. This way people (who want) are able to have all the portraits and people who don't care do not have to download the large file.

Also @LordLewis : Thank you for the new images, Damn that Altawir is awesome!! 8) I am very impressed did you make it or find it in another add-on?

Also i like what you did with the portraits especially the tineen.

EDIT: Here is a slight adjustment to the Altawir's knife. I didn't do a very good job, but i think the previous knife looked to loyalist, whereas this unit seems to be a desert rogue. (if you don't like it you can try to give him a better knife)
altawir.png
altawir.png (2.9 KiB) Viewed 3655 times
(who should the altawir advance from?)
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Agreed
World's best Ale!
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

I basically redrew a sprite, also are there any other portraits you'd like me to do as well? An ability idea as well that should be Khalifate exclusive should be to cure a unit then heal 4hp in 1 turn, it's not too over powered but it is the best healer in the game though. This faction seems to be coming along nicely.
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Lordlewis wrote:I basically redrew a sprite, also are there any other portraits you'd like me to do as well? An ability idea as well that should be Khalifate exclusive should be to cure a unit then heal 4hp in 1 turn, it's not too over powered but it is the best healer in the game though. This faction seems to be coming along nicely.
That is a good idea :) , but i will have to test whether it can be created. If it can i will give it to the Aariz (instead of heal +12) and he can heal +12 at level 4.

I do not think that we need any other portraits currently :) . Also i was wondering who the Altawir should advance from? (perhaps the Muharib)
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Also another ability that would be cool is a petrify weapon ability that petrifies a unit for an amount of turns depending on the petrified unit, and then a healing ability that can either prevent it from happening or heal it. The thing is I don't know how hard or easy it would be to make.
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hmm... What i probably could do is create a petrifying ability that petrifies units until the next dawn. However, anything with petrification would be considerably over powered. This is probably why no one in mainline wesnoth has the petrifying ability. ;)

Also if only some factions had the ability to heal petrification that would largely imbalance certain match-ups.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Very similar one exists as sculpt weapon special.
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Now that I think of that petrify in general is over powered, also I made a possible level 4 or 5 for the healing unit in the Khalifate faction. He could have after burn as a weapon special instead of extra damage possibly.
Attachments
muntasir.png
muntasir.png (56.19 KiB) Viewed 3561 times
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Great sprite! 8)
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Thanks. :D I also made the advancement of the alqayid and the advancement of the altawir. Both of these units are level 5 (I think), and the alharb looks like he should have steadfast as an ability (because of the shield). The muhtal should have leadership as an ability since there are no Khlifate units with that ability and is also a high level unit, another thing is that this unit should probably be chaotic like a rogue (which is what his name means in Arabic). Also are there anymore sprites that need doing?
Attachments
muhtal.png
muhtal.png (37.19 KiB) Viewed 3484 times
alharb.png
alharb.png (40.32 KiB) Viewed 3484 times
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Awesome ! I love the new units. The only thing left to do is make an advancement of the Rasikh (because the sprite i was planning on using seems to be from Oath of Allegiance). Also i think it would be good to give the muhtal a large dagger and bow if you have time. :D
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Sure here it is. I gave the muhtal a thicker bow and a longer dagger, also the thabt should also probably have steadfast since that is what his name means.
Attachments
muhtal.png
muhtal.png (37.19 KiB) Viewed 3473 times
thabt.png
thabt.png (36.96 KiB) Viewed 3473 times
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Lordlewis wrote:Sure here it is. I gave the muhtal a thicker bow and a longer dagger,

Thank you! :D The khalifate faction is proceeding quite well!
Lordlewis wrote:also the thabt should also probably have steadfast since that is what his name means.
To make them more unique i probably i will give the Thabt the steadfast ability but not the Alharb. Also since the Alharb is a quicker unit (and formidable at ranged combat) it would probably be OP if he was steadfast.
Last edited by The_Gnat on December 9th, 2017, 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.