Era of Second Chances Feedback Thread

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

fmac81

Era of Second Chances Feedback Thread

Post by fmac81 »

Hi all,
I recently did a huge update to the Era of Second Chances, which I originally published a long time ago, but this is the posthumous feedback thread for it :D. EoSC is available for both 1.12 and 1.13 add-on servers!
Note: I have an in-depth contributor list included in the add-on files, so I'll spare you the heavy details, but here is the latest changelog:
Spoiler:
EoSC was actually uploaded to 1.12 almost 3 years ago, but I had misplaced my initial server pbl file until an admin helped me out. If you previously downloaded it (way back when), check for updates, as this one fixes a TON of errors, and really cleans up a lot of loose ends with unit coding and faction layouts. This era is essentially a second chance for some of my UMC units to be utilized by other Wesnoth players. The majority of units were going to be included in campaigns that were never finished. It remains slightly unbalanced, with 5 factions: Ogres, Outlaws, Humans, Undead and Orcs

Faction Overviews
Ogres
Spoiler:
Special note: IF you are playing on 1.12, you will notice some of the Ogre traits, "benevolent" and "cruel" indicate they have damage alignments. This feature is available under [effect] only in the 1.13 branch, so it is just a damage increase per level placeholder on 1.12.

Outlaws
Spoiler:
Humans
Spoiler:
Orcs
Spoiler:
Undead
Spoiler:
The_Gnat

Re: Era of Second Chances Feedback Thread

Post by The_Gnat »

Nice i really like your era! :D Perhaps would you consider adding the nightblade as an advancement of the orcish slayer?
fmac81

Post by fmac81 »

Sorry I didn't see your reply until now, I forgot to turn on email notifications for this thread. :whistle:
I'm glad you like it! To answer your question, I hadn't really been planning on adding much UMC from other Wesnoth players to this era, as it originally (and still largely) consists of just my own. In light of that, I most likely will not add the Orcish Nightblade as an advancement :cry:.

However, I am in the midst of finalizing another era (Era of Unique Traits), which will be a conglomeration of UMC units and my own, and the Nightblade tier will probably make an appearance. The upcoming era has more units and is built around some of the fun traits that appear for Ogres in EoSC as well as a few new ones, so keep a look out on the add on servers! :)

~ fmac81
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Great I will!
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

I've ported this as 1.4.2 to 1.12/14/16 (I'll send 1.12 if requested).