Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Konrad2 »

Dugi wrote:The ones with black team colour are meant to be the nazi elves. The others may be on your side, on their side, but are not upgraded.
The purple (soldier) elves are upgraded though. Not insanely so, but they are upgraded. Only their (purple) leaders aren't. >.<
angelofhell_hau

Post by angelofhell_hau »

matsjoyce wrote:
@angelofhell_hau Your Duelist wizard had the old version of the teleport ability, which has been updated since and the semantics seemingly changed (so it's a wesnoth thing, not us). I've attached a fixed savefile for you.
thank you so much....I've played this campaign several times to look for any bugs..... With this, I can continue play on and report for you, guys.
angelofhell_hau

After a few scenarios, "teleport" happens again. And one more thing with my elf assasin. The backstab bug is not on my BlackGuard. It's all because of an item called "Cloak of Assassin Leader" when I equip it.
Attachments
hau.gz
(456.2 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
5.png
4.png
3.png
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@angelofhell_hau

The backstab thing has been fixed, it's just those units are still using the old definition. All the new units you create won't have that issue (such as the Dwarvish Hero). Just advance the affected units and they will magically be fixed. For teleport: There was a bug as it turns out :annoyed: There was a definition of teleport in the unit rewriting code which I missed. Fix is at the repo. Just advance the affected units and they will magically be fixed, same as with the other bug.
angelofhell_hau

oh I mean the backstab thing only happens when I equip that item (Cloak of the Assassin Leader). If you unequip it, there is nothing happens with backstab.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@angelofhell_hau Yeah, it activates a hidden weapon special on the other units called latent_backstab, and that is what causes the warnings.
alexpik

Post by alexpik »

Am greatly enjoying this campaign after returning to BfW after a long hiatus.
Anybody know if there is a way of unequipping items from the characters without 'recalling' them first? Wound have been really handy for part 1, chapter 3 (which I am doing at the moment) where early on cash is at a premium and you can't afford to spend 100 gold on recalls just to get some items off you old crew for the newbies that you use in this section of the campaign.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@alexpik Yes, open the Items menu and select "Show items on units on the recall list"
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

"End of all Hopes"
The daytimes are a bit messed up:
Day means +30% for lawful units and -30% for chaotic/liminal units.
'First watch' doesn't exist. Second watch means +20% for chaotic units and -20% for lawful/liminal units.
Dawn/Dusk means +5% for lawful units and -5% for chaotic/liminal units.
angelofhell_hau

matsjoyce wrote:@angelofhell_hau Yeah, it activates a hidden weapon special on the other units called latent_backstab, and that is what causes the warnings.
So if I don't want to see that warning, I won't use the item anymore.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@Konrad2 That's deliberate. Its a desert, so it's brighter than normal. (Yes I know they are very dark in the night, but whatever) There is a first watch (I checked, the only problem is that the image was broken, and I've fixed that now)

@angelofhell_hau Or advance all your units which are broken. :D
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Isn't the upgrade from a dwarvish lord to a dwarvish hero a bit much..?
10-1 ranged Hatchet to a 10-3 ranged Hatchet especially. It makes me think that this version of the dwarvish hero is very old. From back then, when the dwarvish lord had a 10-2 ranged Hatchet (that way the level up would have only added one strike instead of two).
angelofhell_hau

matsjoyce wrote:
@angelofhell_hau Or advance all your units which are broken. :D
Already advanced them...but nothing could be fixed....Whenever my unit hold that item...it still has warning...So sad...
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

I attacked them with debug and they eventually were quiet. Send me your current save and I'll try to fix it up.
angelofhell_hau

matsjoyce wrote:I attacked them with debug and they eventually were quiet. Send me your current save and I'll try to fix it up.
There you are. I equip that item (Cloak of the Assassin leader) to my Champion..And then I advanced him..but nothing should be cured with the warning. Instead, I unequip that item.
Attachments
1.png
hau.gz
(545.85 KiB) Downloaded 115 times