Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

matsjoyce

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by matsjoyce »

Yeah, I know. Purple and black elves should probably have the same power etc, but the code makes the distinction look deliberate, so I'm not going to change it. Unless Dugi weighs in.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Nooooo. D: I'm not talking about the distinction between purple and black elves. ._. I'm talking about the distinction of purple elves soldiers and purple elves leaders.
Soldiers = purple elves summoned by their leader = slightly buffed purple elves
Leaders = purple elves already on the map, will summon soldiers when attacking for the first time = purple elves without buffs

EDIT: Looking at the code I probably should call the leaders as guardians instead.
Last edited by Konrad2 on November 8th, 2017, 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

Yes, same thing. Soldiers have specials, leaders don't. I don't know why, but the code looks intentional.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

So. How do I ask Dugi about this? This is his thread after all.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

Well, either wait here or make a GitHub issue I guess. He usually replies, but GitHub might be faster.
imaginarypotato

Post by imaginarypotato »

matsjoyce wrote:@imaginarypotato Do you mean the female rogue?
rogue+female.png
It's a new sprite in 1.13 AFAIK.

@Konrad2
Konrad2 wrote:Is there a way to make ai leaders prefer bigger castles over smaller castles?
There is no easy way I'm aware of except specifying which castle the AI should go to. Does it make much of a difference?
Konrad2 wrote:How about letting the enemy 'leaders' be special as well? I mean...duh. They are leading a populace of enhanced elves but they themselves are not enhanced at all..? That's kind of weird...
Some of them are, some of them aren't. I'll see what I can do.
EDIT: On second thoughts, I think it's meant to be this way. There is one side with normal elves and one side for the mutant ninja elves. Its probably meant to be the distinction between fully committed and unsure.
So thats what it was thanks, I am still on 1.2.6
NEW username -> Imaginary
mattsc
Inactive Developer

Post by mattsc »

angelofhell_hau wrote:Another thing, if it's a bug....
matsjoyce wrote:Other LUA errors - They are in the wesnoth core files, so are probably wesnoth bugs. Wait for the next beta release and see if that fixes them.
Problem with that is that it will only get fixed if the people working on the core code are aware of it. This is a very infrequently occurring bug, it only happens under very specific circumstances that I had never encountered before, so I had no idea that it existed. If you find anything else like that (that is, a Micro AI error), you could just shoot me a PM, but in general it's better to submit a bug report.

Anyway, in this case I happened to come across the replay posted by angelofhell_hau and was able to figure out from that what is going on. I committed the fix here and it will be in 1.13.11. Also, since this is in a Lua file, you could fix it immediately in your local version by changing the respective core file.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@mattsc OK, I thought it might have been the same bug that was reported a few pages ago.
mattsc
Inactive Developer

Post by mattsc »

matsjoyce wrote:@mattsc OK, I thought it might have been the same bug that was reported a few pages ago.
matsjoyce: Yeah, it probably was. But since there was no save available last time (unless I missed it, which would just underline my point ;) ), I had no way to reproduce it and it never got fixed. I try to scan/search the forums periodically for issues like this, but between real life and my own Wesnoth projects, I am bound to miss some things. No problem this time, just making a suggestions for future bug sightings.
angelofhell_hau

Post by angelofhell_hau »

woa it can advance into 4 forms. Is it different or buffed? It was the same as Elf NightPowerder.
Attachments
Some kinds of buffs?
Some kinds of buffs?
4 forms....^^
4 forms....^^
LotI2-Across_the_Barren_Land-Auto-Save35.gz
(429.66 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@angelofhell_hau Different, but broken not buffed. Its a bug, which I have reported. To be safe, select the bottom ones.
EDIT: This is fixed now
imaginarypotato

Post by imaginarypotato »

I finished chapter 10! It was really good but it just feels like something is missing. Like the story being unfinished. Don't get me wrong the ending was not bad at all its just that it was like a cliff hanger; witch I sort of dislike.

But after 10 chapters of Loti I still have not found the answer to my biggest question
why is the portrait of the dragon rider a picture of a knight on a horse?
just kidding
what I really want to know is why all of the bad guys where not using the artifacts? several times it mentioned other people buying artifacts but when you see them they are just plain units
NEW username -> Imaginary
angelofhell_hau

Post by angelofhell_hau »

It happens when I recall my Duelist Mage, the map is available per turn until it's all opened that I've not investigated yet. And one more thing, it makes my Duelist Mage's animation is very slow and whoever get through him/her. Is it a bug?

P/s: I think "teleport" makes this happen.
Attachments
hau.gz
(456.48 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
2.png
1.png
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I apologise for my absence. I had a disagreement with the staff here about a year ago and it still frustrates me.

I have discussed most of these issues with SkyOne on GitHub and we've solved most of them. To be precise, SkyOne fixed more of them. I am really thankful for the work he's doing.

To answer a few questions that were not answered:
ElderOfZion (cool name btw) wrote:The spell eater bosses, most likely they are randomly generated and I think they are meant to be unbeatable, at least if they get around 2000 hp, about 450-2 ranged attack and 800-1 mele attack, but actually thanks to the game mechanics every one of these bosses no matter how strong in theory is beatable, if you have a perfect guerilla build and 50-1000 turns of time!
I have not touched the scenario after introducing the Spell Eater unit. I did not realise that he might be selected as a boss and become such a terror. He might be removed from that scenario.
Konrad2 wrote:If 'special' elves refer to the purple elves (twisted good) and 'normal' elves refer to the green elves (good), then you didn't understand me. :/
The ones with black team colour are meant to be the nazi elves. The others may be on your side, on their side, but are not upgraded.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@Dugi Dang, how did SkyOne hack my GitHub account? :mrgreen: SkyOne has a rocket pod under the wing, I'm just a plain F22.

@angelofhell_hau Your Duelist wizard had the old version of the teleport ability, which has been updated since and the semantics seemingly changed (so it's a wesnoth thing, not us). I've attached a fixed savefile for you.
Attachments
hau.gz
(456.26 KiB) Downloaded 183 times