iOS support thread

All questions/issues/feedback for the iOS version of Wesnoth belong here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Did you like the new drag/swipe control style?

Not at all. Bring back the clicks!
No votes
Yes, immediately!
50%
Yes, after some time.
No votes
Yes, but it needs improvements, and I'll tell you which.
No votes
I want the option to have both.
50%

Total votes: 2

kulatamicuda

Re: iOS support thread

Post by kulatamicuda »

singalen wrote:Thanks for the report, and welcome to the forums!
* Touch controls is a brainchild of a big effort, and I still believe it's a good idea, especially after some more tuning (issues 44, 66, 62, 65). Though, if users' feedback will say otherwise, I will revert to the old style.
No revert, but possibility to switch between old and new if i may vote ;)
singalen
iOS Port Maintainer

Post by singalen »

kulatamicuda wrote:No revert, but possibility to switch between old and new if i may vote ;)
You got it!
kulatamicuda

Post by kulatamicuda »

Hi,
2 new bugs + one question.

1) When there is a bug in LUA script, the windows starting with <Lua error> appears. This is OK, but there is not possibility to close such window later on. So bug is that this window cannot be closed.
2) Actions->Enter User Command - the yellow Command: appears, but how can I write command without keyboard ? So bug is that there is no keyboard appearance.

Question - How do you prefer to report bugs - in this thread or there is some special tracking system ?
singalen
iOS Port Maintainer

Post by singalen »

Thanks for report!
These two are the same bug. Typing a user command cleans Lua errors.
Will fix in the next build.

And thanks for asking. I have a Github repo for iOS issues: https://github.com/singalen/wesnoth/issues
In fact, I jus registered this one - somehow it slipped past my attention: https://github.com/singalen/wesnoth/issues/72
kulatamicuda

Post by kulatamicuda »

singalen wrote: And thanks for asking. I have a Github repo for iOS issues: https://github.com/singalen/wesnoth/issues
fine, I will use github than and try to not report bugs you already know ;)
Astarind

Post by Astarind »

I recently updated to the current version of the iOS app. Unfortunately, I am not sure how to access my previous save files on iPad. I was on mission 18 of the Heir to the Throne campaign. :hmm:

Is there any way to access my previous save files on iOS? It appears as though the save path was automatically updated with the new version, and I seem to be unable to change the save path.
singalen
iOS Port Maintainer

Post by singalen »

They might be still there, but basically you lost them - they are incompatible with version 1.13. Very sorry for that.

If your device is jailbroken, you may be able to copy them from the app's directory.

In fact, that gave me an idea: we could have a "take-away" saves from the previous version, somehow available: emailed, saved to iCloud, whatever.
Let me see if I can do anything about that in the next version...
Meanwhile, I suggest you start a different campaign. I really like UtBS.
Astarind

Post by Astarind »

I appreciate your candor and willingness to try to prevent this issue in the future!

I will also take a look at your suggested campaign.

Thanks!
VigilanteFudge

Post by VigilanteFudge »

Hey I just got the new update on my iPad Air. I have been playing campaign and basically I can’t go any farther because every time I end my turn, the app crashes while the enemy is moving. Please help[issue][/issue]
singalen
iOS Port Maintainer

Post by singalen »

Sorry for the bug you have, and thanks for reporting, and welcome to forums!
A new build is on the way, should be there in a week. A number of crashes is fixed there, along with some iOS convenience updates and multiple fixes from upstream.
marctorrance

Post by marctorrance »

Does the iOS version support connecting to LAN hosted multiplayer games?

We tried wesnothd over the LAN, both 1.13.10 and 1.12.6 just to see if either worked at all. Desktop clients can connect OK but on iOS the wesnoth app crashes as soon as the multiplayer user-interface screen appears (both ipad 2 and ipad air do this, when trying to connect over the LAN (i.e. to 192.x.x.x:15000)). Other than that the only niggle is that wesnoth crashes fairly frequently on the ipad 2 even with animations off. :hmm:
singalen
iOS Port Maintainer

Post by singalen »

marctorrance wrote:Does the iOS version support connecting to LAN hosted multiplayer games?

We tried wesnothd over the LAN, both 1.13.10 and 1.12.6 just to see if either worked at all. Desktop clients can connect OK but on iOS the wesnoth app crashes as soon as the multiplayer user-interface screen appears (both ipad 2 and ipad air do this, when trying to connect over the LAN (i.e. to 192.x.x.x:15000)). Other than that the only niggle is that wesnoth crashes fairly frequently on the ipad 2 even with animations off. :hmm:
Thanks for reporting! PMing you now.
cold-hard-steel

Post by cold-hard-steel »

Just thought I'd add to the information on campaign issues.
I restarted part two of Legend of thé Invincibles but was unable to play as every time I reloaded the game thought all my units were dead and I got instant game over. Trying to start again lead to failure to even load the first mission.
I though the pre installed campaigns might work better but the game crashes very frequently in Under th Burning Sons. I've got to the mission where you rescue the merfolk and it crashes more and more frequently as the mission progresses. It is now pretty much unplayable. Which is a same as both it and LotI are great campaigns.
I would love to know which campaigns are stable.
Cheers.
singalen
iOS Port Maintainer

Post by singalen »

Thanks!
In fact, all of the mainline must be very stable.
Some add-ons may cause a bug in Wesnoth to corrupt a cache and do all sort of bad things, like corrupt other add-ons or crash Wesnoth.
If you uninstall the downloaded campaigns, it should be very stable. Normally, you shouldn't have to, sorry for that.

How does the today's update work for you? It should have at least some of the crashes fixed.
cold-hard-steel

Post by cold-hard-steel »

singalen wrote:Thanks!
In fact, all of the mainline must be very stable.
Some add-ons may cause a bug in Wesnoth to corrupt a cache and do all sort of bad things, like corrupt other add-ons or crash Wesnoth.
If you uninstall the downloaded campaigns, it should be very stable. Normally, you shouldn't have to, sorry for that.

How does the today's update work for you? It should have at least some of the crashes fixed.
Just downloading the update now. I'll remove my add-ons and see if UtBS works better. Cheers.

Edit: just tried out the merfolk mission on UtBS. Works like a dream. Graphics and interface seem improved also.