After the Storm 0.10.18.1 [Wesnoth 1.14.x & 1.15.12+]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Would you play untested versions of IftU and AtS on Wesnoth 1.15.4+?

Poll ended at August 29th, 2020, 5:32 am

nah
10%
yee i can play on the latest wesnoth dev release
50%
i can play on wesnoth dev releases but no guarantees im going to be updating every time a new one comes out
10%
am big brain and can play on the wesnoth dev branch from git, who needs binary packages
10%
what the heck is wesnoth 1.15
20%

Total votes: 10

Trayanee

Re: After the Storm 0.9.17 [Wesnoth 1.12]

Post by Trayanee »

This is one of the best wesnoth campaigns I have played. I am still far from finishing but enjoy playing it a lot...
Losthunter
Location: Well... I don´t know... maybe I should ask someone...?

Post by Losthunter »

Iftu and Ats are awesome campaings with great storyline (maybe the best in wesnoth :) ). I also liked scenarios (from massive dungeon crawls, to great battle typed maps. Yes, and I really liked unpredictable cutscenes (open ending of course).
I have one qestion
Spoiler:
It is only a pity that story will not continue.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Losthunter wrote:
Spoiler:
On a scale of 1 to 10... yes, very much.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Ephraim

Post by Ephraim »

Finally I finished the campaign and its prequel Invasion from the Unknown and are excellent: the proof that Wesnoth is an incredible game, although many people think it is obsolete.

This campaign offers a great diversity of maps and scenarios, be they of the type great dungeons, final battles, etc. The enemy units are new and their graphics are great.
As for the story: the best storyline in all Wesnoth.
The characters have a distinctive way of being and their personality evolves throughout the campaign.

And the set of all these things is that this work is able to reach the heart of the players, making it capable of a feeling of empathy towards the characters of the history. Three parts can be seen throughout the two campaigns:
Spoiler:
And I think I speak on behalf of all the players who have finished this campaign when I say there must be a sequel.

I am aware that you won't have any tangible benefit, but we must not forget that The Battle for Wesnoth is a game developed by volunteers, and if nobody wanted to make any contribution, possibly this game would have ceased to exist, and many people won't know it. Without going any further, this is the game I have been playing the most time in my life.
Having said that, I volunteer to help you in whatever is in my power to create a sequel, and surely I will not be the only one ;) .

Thank you,
Ephraim
Note:
The Great Library of WML is huge and extense. I must find the book who will lead me to create a perfect campaign.
Future Project: History of Vindalf
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Thanks for the comments!

By the way, I have started a new poll for this thread. You get to decide now which main character I’ll animate next now that Elynia has her full base animations done! I’m not making promises with regards to when I’ll get around to it or how long it’ll take. I’m curious who people think I should pick, considering that this is mostly for learning purposes and I’m not very good at animating units in the first place.

The poll will run for 30 days starting now.
UPDATE: Yeah, I am going to have to close it by hand 30 days from now because the forum won’t let me reset the start date — I’m just going to leave it run without an ending date this time.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
palashgupta

Post by palashgupta »

I just finished Invasion from the Unknown. For continuing the story in AtS, is there a way to continue the campaign from IftU directly such that I get to keep my advancements on Galas? Or starting fresh in AtS is the only way?
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Galas’ unit type in AtS is completely different to IftU’s and has a few AMLAs of its own, so nope, you have to start fresh.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

I’m just posting here to mention that I’ve committed the last version of the AtS translation RatArmy posted here ages ago for version 0.9.16, to the Ethea-i18n repository.

Code: Select all

00:59:40 shadowm@hanacore ~/src/projects/Ethea-i18n git:master % make po-update
    UPD     ja.po [wesnoth-After_the_Storm]
    FMT     ja.mo [wesnoth-After_the_Storm]
3618 translated messages, 42 fuzzy translations, 89 untranslated messages.
It’s a bit outdated now, of course, because of the various prose changes and additions in version 0.9.17.

I know I’ve neglected pushing translations for a while, but I intend to be faster at getting those out now that I can actually properly manage them along with the translation templates for both campaigns. I’m really sorry about the long delay before publishing 0.9.17 with that translation update in particular.

In the future, it should be possible for both campaigns to share a sizable number of strings (those used by unit definitions and UI code, at least), but it’s going to take me a while to refactor them without breaking anything, so bear with me for the moment. ♥

If I have missed any other translations of After the Storm that people have made, please re-post them as soon as you can. Thanks!
newfrenchy83
Code Contributor

Post by newfrenchy83 »

i post the french translation for Ats, it's not complete and is old but i hope contribute in future.
Attachments
fr.po.zip
(312.77 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Surprisingly, Anya and Elyssa appear to be way more popular than Galas in the art department. There are perfectly good reasons for that, of course, but it’s still an interesting thing to know.
Screenshot_20171012_002002.png
The poll is closed now. :D
Sudipta

Post by Sudipta »

No surprise really. Anya is hands down my most favorite character of the AtS trilogy (except for Mal Keshar ofc) in terms of both story and gameplay. Stellar character creation and development. A teleporting powerhouse in a campaign where u sorely miss strong heroes, being stuck with the likes of Lv 3 Elynia and Durvan. :augh: Not that i mind tbh it makes the story that much more gripping coz we can really feel the despair and helplessness, especially in part 2 & 3

What do u plan to do next? Will we get a third part of the saga? (idc how far off in the future it may be)
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Playing Wesnoth since 2010, still there is so much left to play
Losthunter
Location: Well... I don´t know... maybe I should ask someone...?

Post by Losthunter »

Yes, Anya's teleport ability is awesome, but even more I like Elyssa (with her "immortal" ability :twisted: ) and Galas (especialy at the end of iftu (shardias meteor + glacial gladius)), because he was great character in Iftu. In Ats are really interesting evolving personalities (Elinia of course). And is there anyone deadlier than Elyssa? (and Uria's not counting)
newfrenchy83
Code Contributor

Post by newfrenchy83 »

i post an update of ats with E3S1-4 complete. Translate to 69%
Attachments
fr.zip
french tranlate updated with E3S4
(320.67 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
newfrenchy83
Code Contributor

Post by newfrenchy83 »

shadown write in twitter ' someone cracked one easter eggs from one of my campaigns', what others 'eggs' remain to crack?
newfrenchy83
Code Contributor

Post by newfrenchy83 »

I post this small update of french translate of ats. Pass of Sorrows translate to 85%. Translate of ats to 71%.
Attachments
fr.zip
Small update of fr.po
(324.62 KiB) Downloaded 226 times