World Conquest II

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tekelili

Re: World Conquest II

Post by tekelili »

loubardeas22 wrote:@ tekelili: Thanks for the response. One more quick question, once you gain control of the map(enemy is nearly all defeated), is it considered cheating to hang around the AI base for extra turns and not kill the leader?, to get your units more XP for the next stage. If not cheating, is this strategy viable, or is it best to just finish as early as possible and take the gold?
it is not cheating, but in my experience it is a pretty even trade that can be unefficient both ways. My advice is just try to finish early to get more gold, but dont hesitate to wait 1 turn if you want to kill some extra stuff and stack xp.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
Ben24626

Post by Ben24626 »

Somewhat amusing leader death on map 5 of 1p wc nm.

Died to bad luck/distract ability. Never saw this coming. All map I thought I can't win then eventually AI starts thinning out and I'm sure I'll win, then this ;(

I used simple dwarf fighter spam for all maps, clearly best wc unit. Camp and kill. A more aggressive strategy would be hard/impossible in 1p as you can't split AI.

I will add that imo 1p is far harder than 3p on nm.
Attachments
1p_bs_luck.gz
(212.16 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

hi tek,
i'm playing an 1p. and i notice a funny case at the beginning of map 6. the intro shows me and 3 AI. the third is always an orcish slayer named Gorong. a bug at random factions?
i join the saved file at the end of map 4.
Attachments
1p.gz
(349.07 KiB) Downloaded 303 times
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

Hi SatHyre. He is one of your heroes ;)
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
Ben24626

Post by Ben24626 »

tekelili wrote:Hi SatHyre. He is one of your heroes ;)
lol
Trayanee

Post by Trayanee »

Hello everyone. Long time wesnoth player here but first time poster. I would like to thank you for this great add-on. I really enjoy it. Today I wanted to try WC2 with Ageless Era so I found some posts on how to set it up, but once I modify my config.cfg, the WC2 alien modification appears in my UI and I can activate it but when I try to select any WC2 map variant it pops up an error message I am attaching to this post. Am I doing anything wrong? Thanks a lot in advance for any help or suggestion provided.
Attachments
wesnoth-WCII-error.png
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

@Trayanee: Yes, it looks like I did something wrong with Alien_Eras. I will upload a fix as soon as possible. Thanks for your report :)
World Conquest II
Trayanee

Post by Trayanee »

Np, thanks a lot for fast response. Looking forward to test it.
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

Hello, I am back after a year "rest". I have uploaded version 0.6.8 (wich sadly was almost ready a year ago). I tested it outside multiplayer server, so let me know if you find any problem.

You can consulte changelog for complete list of changes. Most relevant are a change in The Trust recruit and now undead AI can have Chocobones as level2 recalls.
World Conquest II
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

This addon currently doesn't work in 1.13, the reason is that in 1.13 even in the first scenario map_gerneration=default only generates the map_data and discards everything inside [generator][scenario], so in 1.13 you eigher have to use scenario_generation=default or put the event etc stuff dicectly in [multiplayer]

EDIT: it seems like faction_lock=no is now also needed for the human sides.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

Thanks for advice gfgtdf. I still haven´t tested anything in 1.13, and I surprised you were able, as there are new tags for FOREACH and REPEAT and I had error report in a quick test. I will try upload in 1.13 as soon I get enougth will to code.
World Conquest II
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

ye iirc the FOREACH and REPEAT changes were reverted at some point there is no reason to work on that issue before 1.14. comes out.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
ghype

Post by ghype »

WC II veteran, love it.
the Alien Era works again too, which is great.

However, the AI leader somehow have full mp and go gab village and attack ocne in range. Was that on purpose?
Its more challenging, but can lead to strange recruiting habits and early finishings.

Just wanted to leave this here.
Keep it up!
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

Hi ghype. If enemy leader has MP is not intended and I am surprised of it, as I didnt detect it plaing several games recently. I supose it happens under some conditions I did not tested. ¿When happens that exactly, using 1-player mode or Alien Era perhaps?

Anyway is interesting your report. There is no reason to have engrabed in stone such mecanic, I mainly setted it as an hereditage from classic WC and because I was unsured to let AI behavior do something very stupid. As is a change directly affect difficulty, I will not introduce it now, but it is interesting considere it for future.
World Conquest II
ghype

Post by ghype »

after some more plying i remarked that this mp bug starts with map2+, which means scenario 1 is pretty much fine.

i doubt that any of my mods could be reason for cause.here is the list of my usual set up when i use ageless era:

-ageless hotfix
-color mode
-corpse mod
-wc II alien

so pretty much aesthetics and crash fix for charm ability in ageless.
hope this migh help you.